abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ....and to think THIS was the first forum thread I read this morning. I think I seriously need to go back to bed and do this one over again.

Just stupid.

Boobs count, darnit!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    methinks I need to see some AB pics...for science.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    While I 100% agree that a six pack with 12 inch arms is completely um-impressive................I also know plenty of guys under 200 that are big solid dudes. Height is the biggest factor, If i was 6' I would be in the 200's..............but since I am 5'7"...............i'm 185. Abs come and go throughout the year. As for the t-shirt comment, I found buying smaller t-shirts helps alleviate that..............
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    sorry, I'll go and drink a gallon of milk a day now.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    While I 100% agree that a six pack with 12 inch arms is completely um-impressive................I also know plenty of guys under 200 that are big solid dudes. Height is the biggest factor, If i was 6' I would be in the 200's..............but since I am 5'7"...............i'm 185. Abs come and go throughout the year. As for the t-shirt comment, I found buying smaller t-shirts helps alleviate that..............

Of course height is a factor. For example, if someone at 5'1" weighed 200 with abs showing, they'd be the real life equivalent of Wolverine...which is to say, a total ****ing badass. ;)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Lol.
    Who sat on your head?

Is that like a foreigner thing to say? I think you've been lost in translation.

Well, you looked at my profile and since I am based in Germany/France you assumed I was a foreigner.
    The reason your post is so weak and unfounded is these silly assumptions:

a) a group is elite because it calls itself elite
    b) fitness is only measured by how much one squats or how ripped one is(the "fittest"...)
    c) that 200lb cut-off

All this makes it sound like someone scrambled your noggin, you drank the Kool-Aid or the 'roids ate the cerebellum. Capiche? Thanks for the laugh.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ican assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.
    this

big boobed fat chick chest bump!

This just made me a little damp..................
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.

Mine too!! next to my eyes and smile that's the next compliment!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    what if you are only 5'6"
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    subbed to see pictures of hot dudes with abs who are under 200 lbs and girls proving their boobs are hot
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Next time you believe yourself to have a thought... let it go.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    n4fd9cbbbde68d.jpg
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    ^ there you go.

Basically EFTS is saying, if you have visible abs but have pencil arms and toothpick legs, you aren't jacked, ripped, cut.

^^^that I can agree with, but using an arbitrary pound limit is stupid

This. I'd say the 200 lbs would apply to about 6'0, generally. Yes, generally, not absolutely. On men.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    Frank Zane (185lbs)(3x), Samir Bannout (195 lbs), and Chris Dckerson (190lbs) each won Mr Olympia at those weights.

Those dudes didn't walk around every day at those weights. That's dried out, contest shred weight. But, they didn't have pencil arms and bird legs either.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    Lol.
    Who sat on your head?

Is that like a foreigner thing to say? I think you've been lost in translation.

Well, you looked at my profile and since I am based in Germany/France you assumed I was a foreigner.
    The reason your post is so weak and unfounded is these silly assumptions:

a) a group is elite because it calls itself elite
    b) fitness is only measured by how much one squats or how ripped one is(the "fittest"...)
    c) that 200lb cut-off

All this makes it sound like someone scrambled your noggin, you drank the Kool-Aid or the 'roids ate the cerebellum. Capiche? Thanks for the laugh.

EliteFTS isn't elite because they say they are. They are elite because they are some of the best strength athletes in the world. The name Elite comes from the power lifting ranking system that ranks lifters in Class 1-4 (4 being the lowest, entry level), Master, and Elite. To make the team at EliteFTS, you have to have posted an Elite total in power lifting or earned a professional card in bodybuilding, or be a national competitor in Strongman AS A MINIMUM. They are elite because they have performed at an elite level.
  • JasonDetwiler
    Options
    what if you are only 5'6"

Then you're short.

I'm short.
  • goffley3
    goffley3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You tell some of the strongest guys out there "hey man your squat is amazing, 1,200 pounds, wow!" They'll most likely say something along the lines of "Thanks, but it isn't big enough yet"

Yeah, but I could totally kick their butts in a 5k. Everyone has different fitness goals.

Ok tell a Kenyan "hey Shaniyan you can 25 miles in half an hour, wow!" and if she is an elitist she would say "Thanks, but I'm not fast enough yet"

Of course then Shaniyan would be classified as skinny so any visible abs would be under the category of skinny not ripped. Similar to Perfectingpats 25 year old son.

Jusssst Ssssayin'

Tiny bit racist too, I guess when it rains it pours
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

I can see where they're going with that. But a lot of the guys from Elite are 6' plus with the exception of Brian Schwab.
    I know a 165 that is jacked out of his mind and would put most 200 pounders to shame....

That being said, if you're a buck fifty and think you have abs, you've got some work to do
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Yeah, that's gonna go down well on here!

As much respect as I have for tate, wendler etc I don't really give a F*** as to what they consider "skinny".
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

EliteFTS isn't elite because they say they are. They are elite because they are some of the best strength athletes in the world. The name Elite comes from the power lifting ranking system that ranks lifters in Class 1-4 (4 being the lowest, entry level), Master, and Elite. To make the team at EliteFTS, you have to have posted an Elite total in power lifting or earned a professional card in bodybuilding, or be a national competitor in Strongman AS A MINIMUM. They are elite because they have performed at an elite level.

Agreed.
    And if you don't know all of this already, you aren't very involved in the strength community.