abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

I can assure you that THIS fat chick's big boobs count.
    this

big boobed fat chick chest bump!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    ^ there you go.

Basically EFTS is saying, if you have visible abs but have pencil arms and toothpick legs, you aren't jacked, ripped, cut.

That's true but I don't really like the bloated distended abdomen look most of the power lifters seem to have. Sure you can see their abdominal muscles but their gut still sticks out like a pregnant cow. I much prefer a more balanced approach to fitness.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    ^ there you go.

Basically EFTS is saying, if you have visible abs but have pencil arms and toothpick legs, you aren't jacked, ripped, cut.

^^^that I can agree with, but using an arbitrary pound limit is stupid
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Pro power lifters are fat because they eat a ton

The bloated belly you speak of makes me think you are referring to pro level body builders like Ronnie Coleman, that is because for drugs like HGH.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I guess?
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny.

False. He's ripped. How can you "assure" me when you've never seen him? Please, dude, learn some humility.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Haha all you haters realize the quote came from Elite FTS, literally some of the strongest guys is the nation right?

They are elitist, hence the name "Elite FTS". If you are getting your feelings hurt because you think you look great... well then you aren't an elitist. You are just normal. Which is fine for some, but not fine for the fittest, and all the THICK SOLID TIGHT out there.

You tell some of the strongest guys out there "hey man your squat is amazing, 1,200 pounds, wow!" They'll most likely say something along the lines of "Thanks, but it isn't big enough yet"

Lol.
    Who sat on your head?
  • Plates559
    Options
    If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny.

False. He's ripped. How can you "assure" me when you've never seen him? Please, dude, learn some humility.

Humility? I don't get it.

I have not once boasted of my ability or physique on this topic so I don't get it. Being an elitist and wanting to be the best is not prideful, it is just expecting more from yourself.

OK so here is why you triathlete of a son isn't jacked... Being a good triathlete involves very high levels of cardio, and we all know it is VERY hard to get THICK SOLID TIGHT while doing that much cardio. Unless you son is using steroids, which i hope he isn't seeing as Mr. Armstrong just had his scandal, you son can't be building all that much muscle mass. No offense towards your son but if he is any good at being a triathlete he isn't very big.

Take Micheal Phelps for example, he is very lean, but he isn't big, and that is what the quote is all about. Please go back and read it again.
  • Plates559
    Options
    Lol.
    Who sat on your head?

Is that like a foreigner thing to say? I think you've been lost in translation.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I would tend to think that height would have an impact on this..

however, if you have abs and no arms or leg strength then yes you are weak ..

So i am 50/50 on this one..interesting take on the subject though...
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Frank Zane (185lbs)(3x), Samir Bannout (195 lbs), and Chris Dckerson (190lbs) each won Mr Olympia at those weights.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My ex wasn't a big kid. He could have been if he ever went to the gym, he had a six pack and he had nice arms. He was a chef and he did do a lot of heavy lifting for prep...anyway he was 150 and 5'9, his legs were crazily skinny and he was naturally a thin guy but he has a REALLY nice body...nice defined chest abs and arms...he wasn't jacked obviously but he was/is really attractive.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    1001029_037000064787_A_400.jpg

Here, wipe your mouth.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    This guy must've not got your memo or those guys you are repeating. He is only 184 when this picture was taken, I bet he cries himself to sleep every night for being skinny and not jacked/ripped.

6021d1173653729-frank-zane-frankzane9-1-.jpg
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    This guy must've not got your memo or those guys you are repeating. He is only 184 when this picture was taken, I bet he cries himself to sleep every night for being skinny and not jacked/ripped.

6021d1173653729-frank-zane-frankzane9-1-.jpg

He also still "has abs" by most people's definition at 200 lbs...
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    ^ there you go.

That makes sense....you have. "Six-pack" because you're skinny rather than because of the size of your muscles as a result of hard work. Got it. I don't agree, however, with the arbitrary 200-pound limit as another user mentioned. A 5"5 guy who is 170 with great abs is not the same as a skinny 6'4 guy with abs at 170.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm only 185 in my "after" profile picture, but i wouldn't call me skinny....................
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I think any and every person who uses the term "haters" should have their lips stapled shut.

why you gotta be a hater?
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    This thread reminds me of that saying, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

This!