abs under 200 pounds...

Options

Replies

• _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    Can't you go do something useful like count paperclips? 16 freakin' posts by you on one of the single most inane subjects I've seen on MFP. Congratulations.

lol, and this after the millionth 'thigh gap" thread has been posted...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    that level is their audience, please understand that mindset before posting.

That's fair enough.

As long as you understand the mindset and the level of the audience you are addressing on this website in turn.

"Skinny" can be used pejoratively and in a negative sense. That's why you are getting a lot of flack.

^^^^ Same goes for the fat chick with big boobs comment. The majority of your audience on here is not going to fall into that "Elite" category you keep talking about.

You mean there's a website somewhere devoted to women with "elite" level bewbs?

Where does one find such a website out of curiosity? Purely for scientific purposes you will understand...
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

I have a 70's or so photo of Ripp dead lifting like 5 or 6 plate raw, but other than that, I've never seen a picture of him moving anything respectable besides that.

At his weight, I don't see 6 plates raw as respectable.
    I'm gonna pull 5 plates raw at 181 this year, and I dont consider myself to be an exceptional deadlifter, and I'm not close to an elite total.

But I agree, he didn't do much in the sport.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    if you have abs but you're under 200 lbs, you're just skinny?

While we're making general broad-sweeping statements based on one man's opinion let's go ahead and say that if you're over 200 lbs and don't have abs, then you must be a bucket of lard.

Can we get an exact definition of what "abs" are? Is there a specific body fat % we're talking about? I just need to know because I'm currently 208 and I don't want to lose any more weight if it suddenly makes me look like a stick.

They are the rectus abdominis muscle. They control flex in the spine. If you don't have them, you can't move.

So Every single person in the world under 200lbs is "skinny"
    Every single person in the world over 200lbs is "jacked"
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    ITT no one understands blanket statements made for the point of humor, or any powerlifting humor for that matter.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    ITT no one understands blanket statements made for the point of humor, or any powerlifting humor for that matter.

my favorite powerlifting quote is "anything more than 3 reps is cardio"...
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

Haha, and "Cardio kills your gains"
  • Plates559
    Options
    "If you can't fix it with squats or fish oil, you're probably going to die"
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options

agreed.
  • anggxo
    anggxo Posts: 102
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny"

Skinny like Asafa Powell you mean?

Asafa%2BPowell2.jpg

23053498.jpg

i love this thread. :] and that quote about skinny guys with abs and fat chicks with boobs is mint.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    "If you have abs, and you weigh under 200 pounds, you aren't jacked, you're just skinny" - Just heard this on the EliteFTS podcast. Looks like its time for you guys to start bulking!

it also reminds me of the saying:

"abs on a skinny guy is like big boobs on a fat chick, it doesn't count."

thank goodness i never had big boobs when i was fatter.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    that level is their audience, please understand that mindset before posting.

That's fair enough.

As long as you understand the mindset and the level of the audience you are addressing on this website in turn.

"Skinny" can be used pejoratively and in a negative sense. That's why you are getting a lot of flack.

^^^^ Same goes for the fat chick with big boobs comment. The majority of your audience on here is not going to fall into that "Elite" category you keep talking about.

You mean there's a website somewhere devoted to women with "elite" level bewbs?

Where does one find such a website out of curiosity? Purely for scientific purposes you will understand...

Bwah hahaha..... Yea, I suppose that didn't make as much sense written out as it did in my head. Hmmm, I actually would love a website devoted to that as well.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny.
    lol QFT

Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch here. BFD if you don't agree with the OP. Move on.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    If he is a triathlete, i assure you he isn't ripped, he is skinny.
    lol QFT
    Oh, you know my son?
  • sapphireswi
    sapphireswi Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Perfectingpat - It wud be nice if u cud post a pic of ur son . . .then it wud be resolved and we gals can have something nice to look at :flowerforyou:
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    Perfectingpat - It wud be nice if u cud post a pic of ur son . . .then it wud be resolved and we gals can have something nice to look at :flowerforyou:

Ha! He'd be so mad at me!
  • Plates559
    Options
    ^^ still waiting on that 600 pound squat your other son did though.
  • perfectingpatti
    Options
    ^^ still waiting on that 600 pound squat your other son did though.

Me, too. Text him, but he's in class. I'll get it.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs

6'1" or so?

5'11
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< 200lbs

6'1" or so?

5'11

THICK AND SWOLE! If you were 6'1, you'd be skinny. True story.