14 year old girls dressed as h**kers trick-or-treating

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but my gut is telling me you created this thread because YOU are embarrassed that YOU were checking them out.

Typically a guy that starts off a conversation trashing pervs is trying to hide the fact that he is a perv as well.

Busted!

Eeeeew!! Well, at least you are honest about it.

That was a JOKE! arghhh! lol. .

Oh, phew...hehe
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Monkey see, monkey do. Children see it all over TV, movies, and some even see their own mother's dressing and acting a fool on Facebook.

This!!! And from some of the pictures I have seen on here and facebook?? That in itself speaks volumes. Why take a pic of your chest?? what are you trying to prove?? I have a big rack, but I don't feel the need to take a picture and post it on a forum or facebook. I guess when you are desperate for men's attention you will do just about anything.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at women's Halloween costumes lately? She was probably just wearing an off the shelf costume from a normal costume store. Leg Avenue costumes are everywhere these days, and slutty as hell (and that's just one company, there are others that are just as bad). You used to have to go to a certain sort of store to get them...now, not so much.

I agree that that sort of costume is probably not appropriate for a girl that young, but I do understand where she is getting it from.
  • MrsWonderland
    MrsWonderland Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am saddly guilty and ashamed. When my daughter was 12 she wanted to dress like an 80s singer for a school project, back then (the 80s) it wasnt trashy or slutty. So when I sent my daughter to school I didnt think too much of it, untill I seen her later for her project. She looked like a hooker. I still ask what had I done. Now every time there is some kind of event she thinks I am going to let her dress that way. So now when I dress her up for something with my clothes I watch more carefully to make sure it isnt slutty but yet some times it still turns out a little that way. Its not easy dressing a little girl up who has a figure, pirate or 80s icon saddly they dont look the way that we think they should. And they love it. I want her too look nice but not like a hooker or a slut. Like I said its not easy dressing a girl up. :(
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TRIGGER WARNING: Assault

I would just like to say that this thread is heavily based on rape culture. I will not explain completely what it is here due to trigger warnings, but I'll say a little bit about it.

Rape culture is, in part, fueled by the old-fashioned belief that what someone wears will provoke a rape or sexual assault. The average bottom wear for an assault victim (which, by the way, is 1 in 4 people) is sweatpants. In my case, I was wearing jeans and a regular t-shirt.
    Part of it is also dubbed "slut-shaming," condemning either someone's choices OR their parents, in younger cases, because they are "asking for it" by what they wear.
    Halloween is one of the big days of the year where everyone likes to circle around rape culture and continuing to fuel each other to live in fear.

Assault, rape, and perversion are not caused nor provoked by clothing. Rape and related crimes happen because there are people out there that constantly think in rape culture; most rapists don't even know that they are or can be classified as such, because rape culture justifies such behavior and blames these crimes on the victim.

Sorry but iv never seen a protifute wearing sweatpants and a tshirt before she got busted. Just saying...

I see what the OP is saying to an extent. It would come as quite a shock to open your front door and see something like that after handing out candy to little kids dressed as ninja turtles and spongebob all night. When I was a kid out TOT'ing I never saw anything like that.
    Its not like he is a perv . Pretty low trying to make someone out to be something like that when he is obviously a family guy.

In no means am I accusing the OP of crimes.
    However I don't think I'm reading your first comment right...I'm talking about rape victims. Even prostitutes can be victims of rape, and highly so. Rape can happen to anyone, men or women, of any race, wearing any or any lack of clothing. There is no evidence to support that there are more victims that were wearing less.
    To think otherwise would be naive; everyone has the right to say no. I'm only trying to shed light on the fact that backing thoughts of shaming children or their parents for dressing their children or making such choices BECAUSE it may lead to unwanted sexual activity is indeed rape culture.
  • dg730
    dg730 Posts: 62
    Options
    Sorry, but my gut is telling me you created this thread because YOU are embarrassed that YOU were checking them out.

Typically a guy that starts off a conversation trashing pervs is trying to hide the fact that he is a perv as well.

Busted!

Eeeeew!! Well, at least you are honest about it.

BS
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love the little girl that just came to the door in giant cardboard box with green squares on it with sweatpants and a long sleeved shirt. I asked what she was as I gave her candy and I got a big sigh and she looked at her feet and said, "It's a gamer thing" turned and left. God bless geeks! They are the hope for the future. :-)

I must show my 8-year-old son your post! He wanted to go out dressed as a character from a PC game he plays too, and we tried to explain to him that no one would know what he was. I'm guessing it's the same game the girl you saw plays. It's called Minecraft. She would have been a Creeper (exploding monster). The graphics are very squarish, large-scale pixelation, with first person POV. IIRC, a creeper kinda looks like a green blob with darker green square "spots" scattered over it. Son wound up using some pieces of an old costume and going as Indiana Jones.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I would just like to say that this thread is heavily based on rape culture. I will not explain completely what it is here due to trigger warnings, but I'll say a little bit about it.

Rape culture is, in part, fueled by the old-fashioned belief that what someone wears will provoke a rape or sexual assault. The average bottom wear for an assault victim (which, by the way, is 1 in 4 people) is sweatpants. In my case, I was wearing jeans and a regular t-shirt.
    Part of it is also dubbed "slut-shaming," condemning either someone's choices OR their parents, in younger cases, because they are "asking for it" by what they wear.
    Halloween is one of the big days of the year where everyone likes to circle around rape culture and continuing to fuel each other to live in fear.

Assault, rape, and perversion are not caused nor provoked by clothing. Rape and related crimes happen because there are people out there that constantly think in rape culture; most rapists don't even know that they are or can be classified as such, because rape culture justifies such behavior and blames these crimes on the victim.

Sorry but iv never seen a protifute wearing sweatpants and a tshirt before she got busted. Just saying...

I see what the OP is saying to an extent. It would come as quite a shock to open your front door and see something like that after handing out candy to little kids dressed as ninja turtles and spongebob all night. When I was a kid out TOT'ing I never saw anything like that.
    Its not like he is a perv . Pretty low trying to make someone out to be something like that when he is obviously a family guy.

However I don't think I'm reading your first comment right...I'm talking about rape victims. Even prostitutes can be victims of rape, and highly so. Rape can happen to anyone, men or women, of any race, wearing any or any lack of clothing. There is no evidence to support that there are more victims that were wearing less.
    To think otherwise would be naive; everyone has the right to say no. I'm only trying to shed light on the fact that backing thoughts of shaming children or their parents for dressing their children or making such choices BECAUSE it may lead to unwanted sexual activity is indeed rape culture.

No I should have clarified that last part of my comment was directed to dinopro. The first part was just an off the cuff remark as most rapes are committed on prostitutes. At least according to the dept. of justice statistics.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

^ Thank you. :flowerforyou:

I'm honestly just trying to spread the word. America has never been sex positive (assuming OP is from there, most people here are) It's a very difficult movement trying to get people to come away from age-old myths.

I am confused by your posts ( thought it was anti rape ).....at what age is it ok to be "sex positive".....................I am as sex positive as you can imagine....when it is two adults
  • RixxyRikaa
    Options

No I should have clarified that last part of my comment was directed to dinopro. The first part was just an off the cuff remark as most rapes are committed on prostitutes. At least according to the dept. of justice statistics.

Ah, yes. I understand better now. While the statement is entirely true from statistic, we must also keep in mind that an extremely large number of rapes go unreported (also because of rape culture and victim blaming.) The under reporting also comes from many victims not being able to get the help, support, or services that they need to report their incidents. (arguably rape culture too, but that's speculation)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

^ Thank you. :flowerforyou:

I'm honestly just trying to spread the word. America has never been sex positive (assuming OP is from there, most people here are) It's a very difficult movement trying to get people to come away from age-old myths.

I am confused by your posts ( thought it was anti rape ).....at what age is it ok to be "sex positive".....................I am as sex positive as you can imagine....when it is two adults

I get where she is coming from about that. I also work on raising awareness about rape and being sex positive. They do go hand in hand and a lot of people don't realize that. It's about raising children that are not repressed or afraid of sexuality or think it is a bad thing, so they can enjoy it when they are ready. This is complicated to explain here.
  • RixxyRikaa
    Options

Yes, my first post is anti-rape. From Laci Green and Carole Queen--

"Sex-positive, a term that’s coming into cultural awareness, isn’t a dippy love-child celebration of orgone – it’s a simple yet radical affirmation that we each grow our own passions on a different medium, that instead of having two or three or even half a dozen sexual orientations, we should be thinking in terms of millions. “Sex-positive” respects each of our unique sexual profiles, even as we acknowledge that some of us have been damaged by a culture that tries to eradicate sexual difference and possibility. It’s the cultural philosophy that understands sexuality as a potentially positive force in one’s life, and it can, of course, be contrasted with sex-negativity, which sees sex as problematic, disruptive, dangerous. Sex-positivity allows for and in fact celebrates sexual diversity, differing desires and relationships structures, and individual choices based on consent."

In short, sex, if all involved have given CONSENT, is nothing anyone should be shamed for by anyone, including themselves.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    . Are only adults allowed to dress as hookers?

YES

Exactly!! Kids are being sexualized younger and younger! It's inappropriate and bad parenting.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    I seen worse tonight there was a little girl in blonde wig, makeup, a bra type thing and a little tutu thing holding a microphone... What are you for Halloween??... Lady Gaga.... -.- wtf.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    How did a post about a guy looking at a 14 year old's cleavage turn into a discussion about rape culture and sex positive???
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Last year my neighbor had a girl trick or treating with a real live baby. They didn't come to my house because the girl was my sons age and probably too embarassed to come.
  • RixxyRikaa
    Options
    How did a post about a guy looking at a 14 year old's cleavage turn into a discussion about rape culture and rape positive???

*sex positive

Because the thread and many people that agree with some outdated ideas are unaware of rape culture; I was shedding light to the other side.
  • spikefoot
    Options
    saw some today in a very shady part of town since there is a highschool just blocks away. I was kinda worried for them and thought about their parents.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ROFL@ rape positive hahaha
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Okay. .I am in no way suggesting these girls were in danger of being raped. I live in a VERY family friendly neighborhood and there was a lot of trick-or-treating activity going on and so 'rape' didn't even cross my mind. I'm just a bit old school and I'm also a parent (of a boy). It was just very surprising and really, in my opinion, out of place in that setting, where the streets were filled with wholesome family fun. . Add to that the age and it's just strange. . I was trying to get into the heads of the parents that think this sexualization of their daughters at such a young and impressionable age is acceptable. I suspect they all (the kids and parents alike) succumbed to the peer pressure. . It can be extremely difficult to resist.

I have NO problem with adults dressing in adult clothes going to adult events. . but even an adult dressed like that in that setting would have been highly inappropriate. .IMO. .