14 year old girls dressed as h**kers trick-or-treating

Options

Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    OP, what I am curious about is why this was such a shocker to you? Teenagers wearing skimpy clothes, in front of their parents, is nothing new. Hell, many high school athletic uniforms for girls have words across the @ss of the tiny short shorts. "Soccer"

971634989_125.jpg

It wasn't so much a 'shock' as just a WTF!. . It was just not appropriate. That's the bottom line. It was a very family oriented evening with lots of kids and families and I just found this to be out of place on a number of levels.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    OP, what I am curious about is why this was such a shocker to you? Teenagers wearing skimpy clothes, in front of their parents, is nothing new. Hell, many high school athletic uniforms for girls have words across the @ss of the tiny short shorts. "Soccer"

971634989_125.jpg

Please folks dont feed the troll.

Get over yourself.

You are the naive one to think having a family has anything to do with perversion.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

971634989_125.jpg

It wasn't so much a 'shock' as just a WTF!. . It was just not appropriate. That's the bottom line. It was a very family oriented evening with lots of kids and families and I just found this to be out of place on a number of levels.

Whether you like it or not, what is appropriate has been changing for the worse for many years. I can't even take my grade school daughter to a local carnival without being surrounded by teenagers wearing next to nothing.

Also, ask parents of young girls how difficult it is to find appropriate clothes to buy for them. The clothing racks are dominated with short shorts and low cut jeans.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Ok, just to be clear. I think we all understand that it is normal to notice a teenager that is growing into her body, wearing revealing clothing, testing out her sexuality. But, it's not ok to actively "check her out", make her uncomfortable and act on it in some way. As adults we need to manage our own feelings in healthy ways and still be appropriate with the teenagers.

I agree 100%.

And I will choose Reese cups as my way to manage those feelings.

Oh damn, you said healthy! :grumble:

Also agree 100%..
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Sorry perverts. . no pictures. . Just an observation. .

I asked one what she was and she said "a pirate".. WTF! with a black corset and tiny little boy pants and calf-lenght four-inch heeled stripper boots!? and thigh-high fishnet!? . . I'm not sure which of the seven seas you are marauding, but I'm thanking the lord I didn't have a daughter. . egad!

I think you just have a dirty mind....................you said there 14...............they probably don't have the money, nor wanted to spend the money on an actual "pirate" outfit.................probably working with what they got, and your mind working with what you got.

Give em a break, it's halloween anyways. Are only adults allowed to dress as hookers? are little boys not allowed to dress as little devils? Are you the Halloween (dic)tator?

I'm going to take a guess and say you don't have kids. It doesn't matter if it's Halloween. They can dress slutty AFTER they turn 18. And no, I'm not saying no hookers, I'm saying children under 18 should not be dressing slutty.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options

971634989_125.jpg

Yup and it's everywhere. My step son goes to a private christian school and the jr high and high school athletic uniforms surprised me. The girls were in tiny tiny booty shorts and very short chearleading outfits. I expect it from public, but a Christian school where they are supposed to teach modesty in young women? WOW
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    giggity giggity goo
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I thank the heavens daily that I have a son!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options

971634989_125.jpg

Whether you like it or not, what is appropriate has been changing for the worse for many years. I can't even take my grade school daughter to a local carnival without being surrounded by teenagers wearing next to nothing.

Also, ask parents of young girls how difficult it is to find appropriate clothes to buy for them. The clothing racks are dominated with short shorts and low cut jeans.

Very true. I have seen the clothes they offer for young girls, even from the age of 5-12. It's pretty bad. The skirts they offer them are so tiny and the bikinis..yikes. T shirts that have flirtatious things on them. I don't get it. I need to learn how to sew cute, modest clothes now before I have a daughter!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I think you just have a dirty mind....................you said there 14...............they probably don't have the money, nor wanted to spend the money on an actual "pirate" outfit.................probably working with what they got, and your mind working with what you got.

Oh yeah, poor kids can only afford corsets, thigh highs and 4-inch heeled boots. The poor dears.

Corsets are on sale at Fredrick's of Hollywood for $30-40 each. Cheap 4" calf-length boots are at least $30. Thigh high fishnets are $12 at Fredrick's of Hollywood. The black boy short/panties were a steal at $10.

I know this because I have all these things.

ETA: I have a son and 2 daughters. I dress fairly conservatively (no T&A hanging out). The corsets go under my regular shirts and sweaters to keep me warm in winter, same with the fishnets (which are more durable than regular stockings). My girls dress conservatively as well - which is what I've taught them. They can be stylish in their own way without feeling lame.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    All of you "happy to have boys" don't know that parents can say NO.

I have a 13 year old daughter. She made her costume...an OREO. She looked SO CUTE! :D

Boy or girl, you have to PARENT them so they don't wear those things. My daughter would never have worn that because I'd never buy it. We talk about impressions and things that are inappropriate.

Thankfully, she told me she didn't want to look like a slut. She's a good kid....that isn't by accident.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

971634989_125.jpg

Very true. I have seen the clothes they offer for young girls, even from the age of 5-12. It's pretty bad. The skirts they offer them are so tiny and the bikinis..yikes. T shirts that have flirtatious things on them. I don't get it. I need to learn how to sew cute, modest clothes now before I have a daughter!

A neighborhood mom has a daughter a little older than mine. She drops off clothes every couple months that don't fit her daughter anymore. The majority of it gets donated to Goodwill.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, poor kids can only afford corsets, thigh highs and 4-inch heeled boots. The poor dears.

Corsets are on sale at Fredrick's of Hollywood for $30-40 each. Cheap 4" calf-length boots are at least $30. Thigh high fishnets are $12 at Fredrick's of Hollywood. The black boy short/panties were a steal at $10.

I know this because I have all these things.

I also have all these things...
  • That_Girl
    Options
    And it's not because I'm scared of my daughter getting raped or molested. Hell, there's been sexual abuse in my childhood and lord knows none of us dressed like tramps.

My thing is being age-appropriate. At 13, she's still a child--- young lady--- and should behave as such. Showing your butt/boobs is tacky and anyone can do it. Halloween costumes are so BORING these days. Just trashy characters. Be creative. Show you have more than T and A. Her OREO looks adorable and she won best costume at school. That's probably because it was original and creative.

She has plenty of time to show her body off when she's older. For now, I want her to enjoy being a kid. Yes, 13 year olds are still kids. We tend to forget that in this day and age, but it's the truth..

And no, we're not religious.
  • kjjbean
    kjjbean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    TRIGGER WARNING: Assault

I would just like to say that this thread is heavily based on rape culture. I will not explain completely what it is here due to trigger warnings, but I'll say a little bit about it.

Rape culture is, in part, fueled by the old-fashioned belief that what someone wears will provoke a rape or sexual assault. The average bottom wear for an assault victim (which, by the way, is 1 in 4 people) is sweatpants. In my case, I was wearing jeans and a regular t-shirt.
    Part of it is also dubbed "slut-shaming," condemning either someone's choices OR their parents, in younger cases, because they are "asking for it" by what they wear.
    Halloween is one of the big days of the year where everyone likes to circle around rape culture and continuing to fuel each other to live in fear.

Assault, rape, and perversion are not caused nor provoked by clothing. Rape and related crimes happen because there are people out there that constantly think in rape culture; most rapists don't even know that they are or can be classified as such, because rape culture justifies such behavior and blames these crimes on the victim.

Sorry but iv never seen a protifute wearing sweatpants and a tshirt before she got busted. Just saying...

I see what the OP is saying to an extent. It would come as quite a shock to open your front door and see something like that after handing out candy to little kids dressed as ninja turtles and spongebob all night. When I was a kid out TOT'ing I never saw anything like that.
    Its not like he is a perv . Pretty low trying to make someone out to be something like that when he is obviously a family guy.

I'll play ... what on earth does a prostitute getting busted have to do with rape culture?
  • Chapter3point6
    Options

Yup and it's everywhere. My step son goes to a private christian school and the jr high and high school athletic uniforms surprised me. The girls were in tiny tiny booty shorts and very short chearleading outfits. I expect it from public, but a Christian school where they are supposed to teach modesty in young women? WOW

Weather permitting, every Saturday in the summer I see those tiny cheer leading outfits on the corners of busy intersections trying to entice drivers to pull into their fundraising car wash. Or their tiny softball shorts. Or soccer. All of which have adults present assisting with the event.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    I teach at a public school and children who came in provocative costumes were put in the office and mom/dad was called to bring clothes to change into.
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TRIGGER WARNING: Assault

I would just like to say that this thread is heavily based on rape culture. I will not explain completely what it is here due to trigger warnings, but I'll say a little bit about it.

Rape culture is, in part, fueled by the old-fashioned belief that what someone wears will provoke a rape or sexual assault. The average bottom wear for an assault victim (which, by the way, is 1 in 4 people) is sweatpants. In my case, I was wearing jeans and a regular t-shirt.
    Part of it is also dubbed "slut-shaming," condemning either someone's choices OR their parents, in younger cases, because they are "asking for it" by what they wear.
    Halloween is one of the big days of the year where everyone likes to circle around rape culture and continuing to fuel each other to live in fear.

Assault, rape, and perversion are not caused nor provoked by clothing. Rape and related crimes happen because there are people out there that constantly think in rape culture; most rapists don't even know that they are or can be classified as such, because rape culture justifies such behavior and blames these crimes on the victim.

Sorry but iv never seen a protifute wearing sweatpants and a tshirt before she got busted. Just saying...

I see what the OP is saying to an extent. It would come as quite a shock to open your front door and see something like that after handing out candy to little kids dressed as ninja turtles and spongebob all night. When I was a kid out TOT'ing I never saw anything like that.
    Its not like he is a perv . Pretty low trying to make someone out to be something like that when he is obviously a family guy.

I'll play ... what on earth does a prostitute getting busted have to do with rape culture?

wasn't directed at me, didn't mention that part. cleared up on page 3.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    So sickening...But then, adults turned halloween into a slutfest so, who's to blame?

^This. I don't even go out on Halloween anymore now that it's turned into a contest to see who has the sluttiest costume.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options

Weather permitting, every Saturday in the summer I see those tiny cheer leading outfits on the corners of busy intersections trying to entice drivers to pull into their fundraising car wash. Or their tiny softball shorts. Or soccer. All of which have adults present assisting with the event.

Exactly. And these are underage ladies. A lot of people are okay with these types of things and tell everybody to relax. There is something to be said for modesty. A young woman or older woman for that matter can look beautiful or even "hot" without the slutty clothing. If only ladies could figure this out.
    There is no way my husband would let me out of the home dressed like the average teen or woman these days.

Corsets, tiny shorts, boobies spilling, fishnets and knee high heel boots are meant for the bedroom with your spouse, not in public.