November Walking Challenge

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking November 1st.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hey, Kate! I would love to join in!!!

I track with Endomondo and I now have my Endomondo app connected with my MFP app so it will all be posted on my MFP page when I complete a walk!!!!

If any of you are on Enodomondo, add me as a friend there! =) I love that you can send little encouragements to your friends while they are out exercising and the automated voice reads them to you! I love getting a random "Atta Girl" in the middle of a workout.. makes me smile!!

Anyway, this is fabulous!!! I have a walk planned today after I head to the courthouse to vote.

Thanks, Kate!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. Minutes are easier for me to track, and I will have my November Challenge be 750 minutes. To me that seems like a big number but if you divide 750 by 30 days it's only 25 a day, which doesn't seem so hard.

I'll try to find the earlier thread and see how people keep track, or if they just track their time and steps individually, or how that works.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hi, FiftySixFit!!! Glad you joined! I'm a newbie too!!

Sounds like you have it all mapped out! Good luck! :heart: :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Also, Kate... I posted this as our Sexy Mama November Challenge and pinned it at the top of our topics :smile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am in again too ! Walking maybe a challenge for me since
    our weather is changing here in Ontario, but I will post
    my exercises for the month of November.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Marking my place for this month.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Had me frustrations with during my walk with my phone and my dog :laugh: So my walk wasn't that impressive...

Nov 1 - 25 minute walk/ 1.25 miles @ 3.0 mph
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I am in again. Originally I just wanted to add some walking into my other exercise. However I have been doing C25K within my 2.8 mile walks. I typically do Aquafit on 3 days a week. I often get a walk into my weekend with my husband.

October 2: 65 minutes of Walking with C25K run intervals (W4D3) with 5 minutes of stretching.
    Running Total: 65 minutes
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Today was too busy for walking but I did get a bike ride in on my
    turbo trainer. 30 mins.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    nov 1 - 9 (walk)
    nov 2 - 10.5 (bike)
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think I'll join as well. I track using the Cardio Trainer app for my Android phone (http://www.worksmartlabs.com/cardiotrainer/about.php). It tracks your time, mileage, pace, calories burned, etc. and has a GPS tracker that maps your route. I also use http://www.mappedometer.com/ to plan my routes ahead of time, or determine how far I walked if I didn't have my phone with me.

11/1 1.3 miles 26 minutes
    11/2 2.2 miles 46 minutes
  • llpleslie
    Options
    I walk 2 miles, 45 minutes five days a week then break on the weekends
  • daveinlancs
    daveinlancs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Count me in, most days I walk between 3 and 7 miles.
  • alsanders80
    alsanders80 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!! Gonna do some walking around our property this morning. :)
  • Shirley61
    Options
    No exercise today, went mattress shopping and laid around
    on all the beds, that was fun!!
    No decision yet, but close.
    Tomorrow another day.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Today 11/3 I started Couch to 5K for 25 minutes (5min walking warm-up, 1min jog/1.5 min walk for 20 minutes). I guess this was about 1.75 milest.

I also walked to dogs around the block this morning while "wearing" the carrier, about .43 miles or so. I am also about to take the dogs out again on the same route.

So that would be around 2.6 miles today.
  • KJ14
    KJ14 Posts: 287
    Options
    I'm in. I would like to walk a total of 125 miles in November.

Nov 1 -
    Nov 2 -
    Nov 3 - 3.5 miles (Off to a slow start.)
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I fell seriously short of my 100-mile goal last month (just over 50 miles) so I'm going to be more realistic this month. I'm targetting 75 miles for November. Here are my results, thus far:
    Nov 1 - No walk
    Nov 2 - 2 miles
    Nov 3 - 5 miles. Total for month: 7 miles. 58 miles remaining. :flowerforyou:
  • foxys_mum
    foxys_mum Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will join as I need to get motivated to get some weight off.... Have been watching the scales go in the wrong direction last 2 months! I will aim to o 100 miles this month, with the help of my 2 dogs!

No idea what I did 1st & 2nd but did 6 miles yesterday, 4 with dogs and 2 walking in and out of town.

94 to go......
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    11/1- 35
    11/2- 90
    11/3- 0
    11/4- 30

UzPOm5.png