First baby...how old were you?

Options

Replies

• toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    Age now: 32
    Age when first child was born: 18

And before anyone judges - I maintained a GPA of 3.86 in HS and continued on to UofM where I graduated with top honors (and had added a second child to our family at 21). ;)
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Age Now: 33
    Age when first hild was born: 16

The father was 16 as well, we have been happily married for 12 years and have 3 other children. We are both college educated.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
  • mmrp79
    mmrp79 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Athens, Ga
    Now: 33
    When 1st child born: 16

I was 16 and his dad was 16, we were jr. in high school. Both graduated from high school on time and college!! He is my only child!! And what is very eye opening is that he is 16 now and no way he is ready for a kid……I will just give thanks to my parents now for all their help!!!!
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Originally from California, currenly live in Arizona, will be 45 next week

Married at age 18, first child at age 23
    Second child at age 27
    Third and last child at age 28
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Age now: 43
    Age when first child was born: 20

I have five children
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK,and I'm almost 48 yrs old.

Had my first baby at 27, which I think was quite a good age.

Had my 2nd (and last) baby at just turned 33 (the age gap WAS intentional, as I didn't think I could cope with 2 small kids close together)

33 was also OK, but I am starting to feel a bit old now compared to some of my younger child's friends' parents! :laugh:

But I do think there's a tendancy for people to have their kids a little older nowadays :smile:
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options

First child: 16

My family was very supportive of my decision to have her and I'm sooooo blessed to have her. I still graduated high school with the advanced diploma,went on to get my Bachelor's in Psychology and Master's in Social Work. We beat the statistics!! My daughter is on a full academic scholarship and will be graduating college in December of 2013 in Mass communications. She's smart as a whip!! She appreciates all of the sacrafices I have made to make sure she has what she needs and had a wonderful childhood. She said this is the reason she doesn't plan on having children until she is 30..LOL! I am now remarried and my kids are now 22, 16 and 7!! My oldest daughter's father never had anymore children and has never been married. He has devoted all his life to spoiling our daughter...LOL!! He is a Chef now in Las Vegas.
  • Meganalva
    Meganalva Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Age now: 25

First child: 18
    Second child: 21
    Third child: 23

Divorced now
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was 27 when I had my first. I live in rural NC. It's funny, because within the immediate area, I'm pretty old for first child. But I work in the city and as far as coworkers go, I'm about average, maybe even a little on the young side.
  • codybud1021
    Options
    your silly!:wink:
  • chonky83
    chonky83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and had my first 2 (twins!) 9 months ago. About average for my friends, but a little on the old side geographically (west Texas).
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I grew up in California, but moved to Oklahoma when I was 19. Had my only child when I was 26. I don't remember exactly when, but sometime in my teens I decided I would have a baby when I was 26 and I did. It seemed like the perfect age, not too young or old, and it was perfect for me. =)
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Age now: 35
    Age when first child was born: 26
    Age when 2nd child was born: 28
    Angelbaby @: 30
    Age when 3rd child was born: 32
  • RHHMom
    RHHMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Maried at 21. I had my kid at 29. We decided to pay off all loans (student, car/truck, and a certain % of mortgage) because I wanted to be able to be a SAHM. Baby fever was pretty bad through those waiting years, but it worked out ok.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I was 23 when my daughter was born
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Chicago IL
    I am 44
    First son -> age 24
    Second son -> age 26
  • Tenajberry
    Tenajberry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was 29 for my first, 31 (almost 32) for my second (and *last*) child.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I was 21 when I had my daughter my husband was 23. She was planned. It actually took us 2yrs to get pregnant. We married when I was 19 and met when I was 15. Still together and happier than ever :)
    I'm 25 now.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I was 20 when I had my first, 23 when I had my second, 24 when I had my third, and 27 when I had my fourth. Baby factory is CLOSED!