Question for guys…when a woman complains..

Options

Replies

• lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    ok i see your posts almost everyday here and they are very interesting..nothing against that!..but its becoming very disconcerting hearing you talk everyday without a head.I dont know why but Its bothering me a lot lol..just saying :explode:

Lets face it, guys don't look at our faces when we're talking anyway but thanks for our next forum post material. :)

i think this reflects more about what type of guys your attracting...
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I think it’s a big turn off and useless to complain to your male partner about your looks, being overweight, bad hair, etc etc…But still I know a lot of women that do it. I think this is one of those conversations that are saved for your girl friends (if you really have to complain about it). I think one should not complain but work hard and be proud of whatever the results are..but we all have those days when we don’t feel so pretty ( some more than the others).

Yea yea yea... our partners are supposed to be our best friends..but still I think there are some things you dont talk about, and complaining about your body is one of them.

What do you think?

I communicate my insecurities without it being a complaint. I can't imagine having to hid any of my feelings with my husband, just the thought makes me feel horrible. But at the same time I minimize things I don't have any control over, it doesn't have to be mentioned over and over, dwelled upon or made a big deal of.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Women with issues are the best!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    ok i see your posts almost everyday here and they are very interesting..nothing against that!..but its becoming very disconcerting hearing you talk everyday without a head.I dont know why but Its bothering me a lot lol..just saying :explode:

Lets face it, guys don't look at our faces when we're talking anyway but thanks for our next forum post material. :)

She was joking
  • Danardeener
    Options

She was joking

Yes, lighten up!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I do not have a problem with it unless its a complaint that can be fixed and you just continue to complain about it with out finding the solution. Its a big turn on to see a female take control and handle her business and not have to relay on a mans opinion. But when she constantly complains about her weight or other things but has done nothing then its such an turn off.

Wear your Big Girl Panties and get S**t done
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

She was joking

Yes, lighten up!

You were joking? :indifferent: That's actually somewhat disappointing. The resulting comments on that subject would have been good reading.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?

Every guy I've ever dated has complained to ME about HIS appearance. If he can do it so can I.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't complain a lot, but when I do it's usually in the middle of either putting on a bathing suit or trying to find clothing that fits right and looks good. I didn't have any weight problem at all most of my life, so being overweight to me is like not being myself at all and sometimes I end up in tears. And after two years of not being able to lose an ounce (and gaining like crazy) because of a poor choice in birth control, it was getting VERY overwhelming and frustrating to me.

The boyfriend lives here. My girlfriends don't. So when I'm having a breakdown, he's the one who's going to hear it.

But, good news is that the BC is done and the weight is practically falling off now, so that should come to an end.
  • Danardeener
    Options

She was joking

Yes, lighten up!

You were joking? :indifferent: That's actually somewhat disappointing. The resulting comments on that subject would have been good reading.

I'm sorry to disappoint...let me see If I can manage to offend someone else!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    94.5% of guys reading this thread are also simultaneously thinking about sex, sammiches, sex, football, sex, and sex.

:tongue:

about the complaining thing... i'd say that a guy by age 25 already knows its part of his job as bf/husband to reassure his gf/wife about her looks. so complaining doesn't register that much and isn't a problem. however, complaining during sex, while he's watching football, or while he's eating a sammich... that's a problem.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

She was joking

Yes, lighten up!

I'm sorry to disappoint...let me see If I can manage to offend someone else!

<< WARNING - Ulterior motive at work >>

Show some more skin. that is bound to upset someone, :laugh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Depends, if you're talking about being proactive and what you are doing to change this or that and it's a casual conversation that you're having together and it's an occassional conversation. . . then I disagree with you and think this is acceptable.

If it's constant self deprecation or a fishing expedition and you do it ALL THE DAMN TIME then I don't think that's an acceptible conversation to have with anyone except your trainer, nutritionist, and therapist.
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've had this situation with my OH, however my complaining was an insecure cry for help so all those guys saying "I find it annoying" yadda yadda yadda maybe if your OH is "complaining" pay attention and offer help :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    When a woman, or man, starts complaining, I tune 'em out.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    Are you kidding?

Every guy I've ever dated has complained to ME about HIS appearance. If he can do it so can I.

Oh I can not stand men that complain..if the complaint is followed by a plan on how he is gonna fix it, yea not that bad..But just plain complaining, I have never and would never be with a man that does it...
  • fcp1234
    Options
    I've had this situation with my OH, however my complaining was an insecure cry for help so all those guys saying "I find it annoying" yadda yadda yadda maybe if your OH is "complaining" pay attention and offer help :)
    \

How can your partner help you with your looks? I dont get it..Thats your thing and you need to take care of it.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding?

Oh I can not stand men that complain..if the complaint is followed by a plan on how he is gonna fix it, yea not that bad..But just plain complaining, I have never and would never be with a man that does it...

Actually, this is probably why I'm single. They irritated me with the whining and whinging. Not just about their looks but about everything. :P
  • fcp1234
    Options
    Are you kidding?

Actually, this is probably why I'm single. They irritated me with the whining and whinging. Not just about their looks but about everything. :P

I know that men complain about stuff like traffic..but looks..come on, I could not stand that at all. Thats gay.

I mean I know guys ( even my husband sometimes) that will joke about something they dont like about them, but thats different than complain.
  • LloydSev
    LloydSev Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If a woman complains about her appearance, it's only annoying if she isn't doing anything to correct it. A person who complains without action to correct is just a whiner, and who wants to be around that all the time? If a person is actively doing something to correct the issue, that's entirely different and is someone who takes action when they see something wrong.