Question for guys…when a woman complains..

Options
12346»

Replies

• vidald
    vidald Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily complain about my looks.... but my bf compliments my appearance consistently, and it just feels awkward. After years of negativity towards myself due to weight, or years of negativity from a few others I encounter just because of the way I chose to dress at that point.... I feel as though I'm a) undeserving of compliments, and/or b) that anyone who says something nice to me is lying.

I completely agree with you! I used to be thin in my eyes, but my ex treated me like a trophy. I didn't like how that felt so I gained weight and let myself go (yes I should have just left) I felt horrible about the way I looked and then he would just make fun of me because of the weight.

Now I am with someone new and I still have those insecurities with him that he will think I am fat and make fun of me. Sometimes I just to him for motivation even though he loves how I look!
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

Now I am with someone new and I still have those insecurities with him that he will think I am fat and make fun of me.

Sorry to sound harsh, but this is your problem that only you can fix. Its not his job to make you love yourself.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    For the longest time I never believed that anyone actually asked the classic "Do these jeans make me look fat?" question.

I've never asked if I look good in something; if someone says something it's nice, but I know how to look in a mirror and see if I need to put something else on,
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've had this situation with my OH, however my complaining was an insecure cry for help so all those guys saying "I find it annoying" yadda yadda yadda maybe if your OH is "complaining" pay attention and offer help :)
    \

How can your partner help you with your looks? I dont get it..Thats your thing and you need to take care of it.

Support thats how
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes your bum does look big in that...
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should complain to your partner about it either.

One thing my last boyfriend really liked about me, is that I never said 'do I look ok?' 'do I look fat in this?' etc. He liked I owned it.
  • casey882
    casey882 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    if there is a prob then fine but as long as you dont go on and on about it as a man ur damed if you do and damed if you dont if my wife complains about some thing about her self if i agree im wrong for critasizing and if i dont agree with her then im wrong for not being surportive so what do i do ????? for me if i say i really like what she is wearing she knows i really like it but if i say nothing or say its ok then she knows i dont really lol