Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Also (call me silly) but Child's Play.

I watched that movie for the first time when I was 5. It's had a lasting impact on me, I've been slightly afraid of dolls ever since.

That Christmas, my grandma gave me a doll that was supposed to look like me. It immediately got buried in the back of my mom's closet (no way was I going to put it in mine lol)...Pretty sure it's still there, too.

childs play was a classic! i hope they don't screw up the new one they are making like they did with nightmare on elm street.. lucky they got brad doruff to do the voice again.. he did all the chucky films.. at least that's good!

Holy Dolls Alive!! they are remaking a new one? imma try to watch it n hopefully i wont cry and call my momma. lol

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY. I had NO idea they were making another one. Is it a continuation of the story (so after "Seed of Chucky" or is it a remake?!?! There's no doubt I'll be seeing it. Sure, it creeps me the F out, but that's the goal!

i have no idea! it's date is 2014 and it's "in production" so there is no description on imdb.. there might be more info if you search deeper.
  • zephyran
    zephyran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    oops... on my hubby's account lol
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a pretty open mind when it came to things. I don't believe this anymore. I thought this was an interesting topic, and I checked a few of the movies on imdb that have been thrown around as being very extreme... I think I'm scarred for life, just by reading the reviews and synopsis...

At least I know where my line is drawn lol...okay now I'm off to go watch something to make me laugh... okay yeah right someone hold me!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    The Passion of the Christ. So graphic, so brutal, to think that He did that for me! I don't think I can ever watch it again.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    "The Ring" freaked me right out, and still does!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    The Exorcist. I grew up Catholic and am a Catholic school "survivor" and a teacher once told us that it was possible to become possessed just by watching that movie. It's freaked me out ever since!

i dont know bout that, but i do know my godsisters family in egypt had a neighbor who had the exorcism, ended up killing herself in the bathroom
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ravenous... It's an odd movie, especially when you are eight.
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Agreed on "Event Horizon" ...very disturbing

"Black Hawk Down" ...this movie really bothered me

For those who remember the X Files - episode "Home" about a clan of inbreds...most disturbing tv show ever.

HOLY Crap that X files episode still haunts me. I still have visions of them pulling the mom out from under the bed! AGH.

These are the movies that mentally scarred me.

Saw
    Deliverance
    Exorcist
    Poltergiest (sp?)
    IT
    House of a 1000 corpses (Rob Zombie movie)
    Mist (hated the ending)
    Pan's Labrynth (screwed me up for days and days- did not see that one coming)
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    Y'all are going to laugh at me... Home Alone 2.

As a kid I was afraid of skeletons. Reasonable enough. There's a scene in the movie where one of the bad guys gets electrocuted and they show his skeleton as he screams and twitches. I was... three years old? Scared the **** out of me and to this day I can't watch that scene or anyone getting electrocuted in a movie or on TV (and I sure as hell won't even risk it in real life!) I am THAT afraid of electrocution now.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    I thought I had a pretty open mind when it came to things. I don't believe this anymore. I thought this was an interesting topic, and I checked a few of the movies on imdb that have been thrown around as being very extreme... I think I'm scarred for life, just by reading the reviews and synopsis...

At least I know where my line is drawn lol...okay now I'm off to go watch something to make me laugh... okay yeah right someone hold me!

yes these movies aren't for everyone.. good to know your limitations though!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    The Exorcist. I grew up Catholic and am a Catholic school "survivor" and a teacher once told us that it was possible to become possessed just by watching that movie. It's freaked me out ever since!

i dont know bout that, but i do know my godsisters family in egypt had a neighbor who had the exorcism, ended up killing herself in the bathroom

in many cases in the past, those who were thought to need exorcisms were only mentally ill.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The Exorcist. I watched this movie for the first time at a slumber party, after having just used a Quija Board for the first time. I grew up the daughter of an atheist in the buckle of the bible belt and I was the only girl that who did not routinely attend church, and I hadn't been baptized or saved.. After watching the movie my friends all became convinced that I had to on the top of Satan's hit list. FYI: Kiddie pool baptism conducted by a group of very concerned 8 year old girls are not sanctioned by the Catholic church, but it did make my parish priest go 'awwww'.

Love this!

Mine would be a toss up between the Exorcist and Poltergiest. Still haven't really gotten over either!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Cannibal holocaust ( spelling might be wrong cough probably)
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    the first Hostel. i decided halfway through that one that i would never see another movie like that ever again. i have kept that promise to myself.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    When I was little, I watched "Darkness Falls" by myself...yeah...ruined the dark for me. Oops, lol
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    poltergeist. i had that tree outside my window and it was tapping and a thunderstorm when i saw the movie when i was 7. my brother had that damn clown and it ended up in the closet for 15 years. he was 9. also, i saw nightmare on elm street when i was 7. johnny depp awesome, that scene where he got sucked into the bed and the girl on the ceiling, that was disturbing.
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    The Exorcist , The Devil's Rejects, the Possession . I have seen those types of movies, but they scare the HE** out of me. I have nightmares for months. And anything with Zombies in it.
  • LunaLoses
    LunaLoses Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    poltergeist
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE. By far the most disturbing movie I have EVER seen. For those who have never heard and want something super f*cked up to watch, this is your movie
  • kimcalica
    Options
    When I was little, I watched "Darkness Falls" by myself...yeah...ruined the dark for me. Oops, lol

that's the tooth fairy one right?