Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump to read later
  • geuraes
    Options
    Most disturbing film i've seen is a Japanese film called Suicide Club. Really messed up, but i still enjoyed it!
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The Ring scared me.
  • DesireeBoils
    Options
    The Paranormal Activity movies, those scare me half to death! Especially since my husband work's night's after I watched them all I had to have my daughter sleep in bed with me for a week!!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Psycho!!!! I saw this whn I was young and still can't take a shower in a rustic cabin/hotel setting without shaking in terror!

This is a great film that should be paid proper respect. Although not scary by today's standards.. Scared and Scarred it's fair share of people in it's time, a look into a disturbed young man's mind and the things he is capable of, was a relatively new thing and is one of the most frightening things ever. and it kicked off one of my favorite genres of all time. the psychological horror movie.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    The Paranormal Activity movies, those scare me half to death! Especially since my husband work's night's after I watched them all I had to have my daughter sleep in bed with me for a week!!

After seeing what the kids did in the third one, that's brave :laugh:
  • kimcalica
    Options
    I remember watching two as a child that i still don't watch now;

Krull and The Dark Crystal

I hate them they make my skin crawl

i take it you're not a puppet person.. lol
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Skegsies are just horrible
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Titanic - the floating dead bodies. I was really young. I had dreams that I was in a lifeboat and the dead bodies welled up from under where the Titanic sank, swarmed my lifeboat, ripping at my life jacket and pulled me down to the deep where my body was crushed by the pressure but I was awake for all of it.

That and Human Centipede.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Films dont scare or haunt me, even as a child i knew the difference....

Life, and the evil that men do is scary....
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Arachnophobia......I still can't close my eyes in the shower.

this by far!!!! i make my hubby kill everyone that i cant reach, and i can't use the bathroom if i see them on the toilet!!!!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Gigli
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    Saw the first one, after that I could not watch the others to messed up for me.
  • kimcalica
    Options
    the ring was one of many movies that was remade from a japanese film.. in this case it was a movie called "ringu" the japanese are known for their chilling ghost tales.. we've adopted their ideas and concepts.. if you liked the ring, or the grudge, or one missed call, or dark water or gosh some people i bet you can help me out on this one.. what are some other american movies that were ripped off.. i mean remade from japanese movies?
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The Hellraiser movies creep me right out..Pinhead is craaazy scary
  • _shortstack
    _shortstack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't an older movie, but "Vacancy" really disturbed me the first time I seen it. I won't stay in any hotels now because of it!
  • FadedFreckles
    FadedFreckles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Films dont scare or haunt me, even as a child i knew the difference....

Life, and the evil that men do is scary....

You sound like you could do with watching a comedy and lightening up mate. :wink:
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    "It" - I was WAY too young to watch that movie. Now I have a panic attack when I see a clown.
    "The Exorcist"- Enough said!!! I was about 18-19 when i saw that.. and it mind f**Ked me. Her going backward down the stairs, sticking a cross in her va-jay jay... *SMH*
    "Paranormal Activity"- The 1st one. The rest of them... who cares. But for some reason, that 1st one just messed me up.
  • kimcalica
    Options

Skegsies are just horrible

lol.. that's my word for really jacked up looking people.. (people that look like they are on drugs and stuff) ex. "that guy;s sporting the skegsie look"
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    A Nightmare on Elm Street. I dreamed about Freddie chasing me for years after I saw that movie :-(