Movies that scarred you for life! (Most Disturbing Film)

Options

Replies

• kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I was thinking wow... I either have no soul or everyone on this planet is a total sissy.

This! Horror is probably my favorite genre, and it takes a lot to get to me.

That said, a few that I think are worth seeing are Martyrs, Frontier(s), and Inside.

Other than that - try me. :D

all three of those are french movies.. and wonderful.. the guy that directed martyrs also did the new movie.. the tall man.. also very good.. but slow till the end..
  • kimcalica
    Options
    love deathnote! btw
  • LilMissImperfect
    Options
    THE NEVERENDING STORY. Still gets me.
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    love deathnote! btw

Me too :P I love Pascal Laugier, the moment I saw Martyrs I had no choice but too watch all his other movies, recently saw Tall Man and loved that one too.
  • Rolly187
    Rolly187 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    all the saw movies, bad boy bubby (Australian film) and snowtown (another weird aussie film)
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Love Serenade
  • kimcalica
    Options
    deliverance..it was filmed like 8 miles from where i currently live :indifferent:

i still need to watch this one. i guess i'm saving it for the right time.. lol
  • kimcalica
    Options
    all the saw movies, bad boy bubby (Australian film) and snowtown (another weird aussie film)

i've been waiting for someone to bring this one up... this is one of my favorite.. (bad boy bubby) the first 20 mins are really hard to sit through but beyond that, it is a really great film... it's like a psychopathic forrest gump!!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Nightmare on Elm Street (original)
    I saw this when I was 16 in the theater (we had really big screens back then)
    When I got home, I woke up my Mom, had to sleep in her bed with her arm wrapped tight around me,
    I was soooo scared, I couldnt sleep for months! :embarassed:

And yes I even have to leave the room now if it comes on tv... terrified me so.:devil:
  • kinmad4it
    kinmad4it Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You need to watch Old Boy before Spike Lee ruins the film entirely by doing his remake.

As for Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, that's almost better than Old Boy

Talking of leaving a lasting impression, anyone who's seen Misery will remember "The hammer scene" No matter how many times I watch it, I still wince and cross my legs when that scene pops up.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Large Marge from Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

*shudders*

this scared the PISS out of me when i was a kid!

Clowns and lady truck drivers still make me nervous. I love this movie but it also traumatized me when I was a kid.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    To this day I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the movie. I was just a kid and I remember it was on tv one night while we were having dinner. All I CAN remember is these people rising up out of graves through the dirt...the make up was just enough to freak you out. For YEARS I had nightmares about that movie. I have done searches many times but not having much memory of it, I haven't had any luck. It may even have been a foreign film. But that movie terrified me.

And, no......its not "Plan 9 From Outer Space"....there were more dead people in the movie I saw. :)
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    PREMONITION, when the husbands head rolls out of the coffin, i got up and walked out of the cinema after that :embarassed:

i just found it so disturbing!

and i saw about 30 seconds of JACOBS LADDER, no idea what the film is about, but the guy was seeing demons at a party, i nearly freaked out :sad:
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Deliverance and Descent(Rosario Dawson)
  • kimcalica
    Options
    You need to watch Old Boy before Spike Lee ruins the film entirely by doing his remake.

As for Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, that's almost better than Old Boy

Talking of leaving a lasting impression, anyone who's seen Misery will remember "The hammer scene" No matter how many times I watch it, I still wince and cross my legs when that scene pops up.

i just watched Oldboy for the first time last week! that and Battle Royale which i LOVED LOVED LOVED!! looking forward to seeing what Mr. "Snakes on a MotherF**Kin Plane!!" can do in the role.. lol
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Puppet Master
  • kimcalica
    Options
    PREMONITION, when the husbands head rolls out of the coffin, i got up and walked out of the cinema after that :embarassed:

i just found it so disturbing!

and i saw about 30 seconds of JACOBS LADDER, no idea what the film is about, but the guy was seeing demons at a party, i nearly freaked out :sad:

jacob's ladder has been on my must see list for a long time now.. i tend to avoid too many movies that have war stuff in them.. but i know it's only probably a small part... I know i'll probably love it!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Puppet Master

GOOD OL' FULL MOON ENTERTAINMENT FILMS!! all those dolls and puppets!!! God were they BAD!!! lol but i love 'em!!
  • kimcalica
    Options
    Oh! And Session 9. I love it way more than I should.

I liked this one but, not loved.. It didn't' really stay with me.. and i think i watched it more than once..
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I remember watching two as a child that i still don't watch now;

Krull and The Dark Crystal

I hate them they make my skin crawl