Worst Part About Losing Weight

Options
I know a lot of people have to deal with excess skin when they lose a lot of weight but I was wondering what else people have run into and what they've done to get around it.

I actually just ordered a new wedding ring for myself. I just got married in May and my ring just doesn't stay on anymore, especially when my hands are wet. It's tungsten carbide so resizing is not an option. Granted I'm still happy for the increase in activity and loss of body fat.

What else have you run into?

Replies

• know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    Buying new clothes for work could get expensive.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    There are some great deals at Goodwill and Salvation Army. I used to think the clothes there would be yucky, but I went in and there is a lot of cute designer names.

**Added**
    I noticed that my feet shrunk. I need new shoes. Heels, boots, running, etc.. Shoes are not something you can buy at the second hand store!
  • Calantorntain
    Calantorntain Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    - Feeling cold. Less blubber to keep me warm.

- Have to lower calorie intake even more. There's less body to maintain so you have to eat less, and there's less body to move around so exercising burns fewer calories
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me is bra shopping. I hate it! The dang things are so expensive, and I don't fit in the "cheap" ones yet. My last bra purchase was $88 for one. This makes me sick, especially since I'll probably only be able to wear the thing for a few months before it is too big. Sigh.

Thankfully my exercise bras still fit, but barely. They are on the tightest setting right now, so I'll have to invest in new ones soon. Sigh.

Quite frankly, if I'm going to spend $88 on an item of clothing it had better be for a swanky dress, or some yummy yarn to knit myself a sweater... not a bra that only my hubby will see. ;-)
  • stoneysoreal
    stoneysoreal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Same here ladies I was in a 16 now a 12.. and plan on losing 30 more...I don't want to go shopping then have to go again once I get to where I wanna be...I have a lot of family and cousins that I just get handy downs from...really comes in handy..
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feeling cold & then shopping for your new body shape- i still don't know what suits me!!
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My ladies get smaller. They don't disappear, but it's still sad to see them shrink. I'm a D now but when I get to my GW I'll probably be a small C. :sad:
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    - Feeling cold. Less blubber to keep me warm.

- Have to lower calorie intake even more. There's less body to maintain so you have to eat less, and there's less body to move around so exercising burns fewer calories

Yep, me too. Especially feeling the cold more....
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

I second this 100%! I am at the point now where none of my pants fit and I am getting sick of having to wear a belt to hold them up. I look and feel sloppy but do not have the budget to get a new wardrobe. I went and bought 2 new pairs of jeans at Old Navy that fit well and I will wear them every day. I finally had to break down and buy new bras and underwear too, which is a lot of $$ for somrthing that no one even sees but you (and your SO).
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me is bra shopping. I hate it! The dang things are so expensive, and I don't fit in the "cheap" ones yet. My last bra purchase was $88 for one. This makes me sick, especially since I'll probably only be able to wear the thing for a few months before it is too big. Sigh.

Thankfully my exercise bras still fit, but barely. They are on the tightest setting right now, so I'll have to invest in new ones soon. Sigh.

Quite frankly, if I'm going to spend $88 on an item of clothing it had better be for a swanky dress, or some yummy yarn to knit myself a sweater... not a bra that only my hubby will see. ;-)

^^^THIS^^^
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The getting used to the new image in the mirror. After losing so much weight, I look like 'normal' to the outside world, but when I look in the mirror I am looking at a stranger. The fat is gone, but in the head still that fat dude from 2 years ago I guess :-)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

definitely this. I've dropped 5 pants sizes since January...it gets expensive buying new pants all the time

and I'm always freezing now. Before I was like a heater lol
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    boob shrinkage. 'nough said :grumble:
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Not losing weight, just stalled for long periods of time:grumble:
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It's always (lost 100+ pounds a number of times) the loose skin. There's no looking better as an incentive. So much so that I go from dressing to hide my fattitude to dressing to hide my floppitude. Can't wear shorts above the knee even.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    There is always something to complain about, isn't there?
  • LisaR517
    Options
    I went from a size 12 to a 2. SO MUCH has been affected: ring size (at the jeweler's right now, actually), underwear and bras, clothing (ALL those sizes!), winter coat, eyesight!, even my bowling ball finger holes. It's been quite an expensive, although worthwhile, ordeal!
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Feeling so disproportionate! My legs and hips are right small but my waist is being stubborn, so pants that fit my waist are incredibly baggy on my legs and butt. Can't wait to even out a bit, haha!
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I used to feel this way, too, but found an absolutely splendid lingerie shop in Billings, Montana that has well-trained fitters and gorgeous underwear - even in the 42G's that used to be my life! After hitting the 48 pound loss mark, I was "forced" to make a trip for what turned out to be a couple of 36G's and matching underpants - and it was great fun! I haven't been a 36 band in 14 years! As far as the rest - find a good thrift store and go to town - 5 pair of pants and 6 shirts - $100 and I'm good to go for another 25 pounds! So far the worst part of losing weight for me is still the fear of gaining it all back...