Worst Part About Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    For me it's being COLD and certain chairs hurt my bum to sit in them.
  • jkeeling39
    Options
    Snotty comments--That's my number one for sure!

Everything else has has been minor (being cold and buying new clothes). Clothes are expensive! Lucky for me I've been able to fit into kids clothes and they are cheaper (if I can find them and they aren't too kiddy or childish) but finding dress clothes that fit is another story.

I didn't realize how much this one bothered me until I read your post. I've had a lot of people make comments to me like "Well it must be nice to afford a gym membership" or "Must be nice to have time to workout." Yes I pay good money for my membership and I sacrifice many things to make the time to workout but I do firmly believe that if you want to get healthy you will find a way.

On the flip side some people have said comments like these and it's actually opened up a line of dialogue with them where I can talk about healthier choices that I am making and hopefully influence them to make some better ones. I really try hard not to be preachy to anyone so I will not start talking specifically about what they can do unless they ask about it. Some people have actually started using MFP because starting with these comments.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    having to buy new jeans when you drop a size, then buying new jeans and they get big. also, when my wedding ring gets big, don't want to lose it!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bras - I detest bra shopping and am living in sports bras until I reach my goal weight (hopefully w/in the next month)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Cold almost all the time (unless it's like 90 degrees), chairs hurt my bottom (never used to have that problem).

But all the benefits outweigh those two inconveniences more than I can say!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    for me right now it's bra's I am still nursing and I bought a few bra's when I started nursing, which are pretty big on me now I don't plan on BF for too too much longer so I don't want to buy new ones ( as this is my last child too) and they are expensive! Good will or friends don't really carry my size as I am heavy chested so that part suck.. wearing ginormous bra's looks awkward lol
  • jmklenzo
    Options
    New cloths is a problem. I have gone up and down the scale so many times, and each time I go down - I get rid of the "fat" cloths swearing I will never fit into them again. Then when I do fit into them, I toss out the skinny cloths because I get so mad at myself.

Well, here I go again, down the scale - I have lost just enough weight that I should by new slacks, but instead I bought a belt. I wear ware the belt until my cloths are totally discusting on me, then I will go and buy a couple - of slacks and tops, but I am not going to to crazy like I use to.

This time, I am doing it smart and planning on getting cloths in another 20 lbs or so. Plus, I am changing my eating habits and really going to do the weight loss the correct way.
  • jmklenzo
    Options
    congrats on the 53 lb loss!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    New bras.
    New clothes.
    Even new shoes.

*sigh* And I'm too poor for all that so instead I'm just wearing clothes that are too big. *shrug*
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Feeling cold & then shopping for your new body shape- i still don't know what suits me!!

I find everything looks good :)
    Just be brave and try everything on

And I second the cold. I used to wear 7 layers in an Australian winter when i was larger.
    Now i'm in the UK ....... (I've had 3 duvets (and electric blanket) for the last 3 months, no idea what i will do when it actually gets cold )
  • bowties_r_cool
    bowties_r_cool Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everything else has has been minor (being cold and buying new clothes). Clothes are expensive! Lucky for me I've been able to fit into kids clothes and they are cheaper (if I can find them and they aren't too kiddy or childish) but finding dress clothes that fit is another story.

I invested in a few kids skirts and pants b/c they have that elastic band in them! Life saver! Even when I lose weight I can still wear them for a while.

Always freezing cold is my second complaint. I just cannot keep my own body heat at all.
  • Zylahe
    Options
    bras - I detest bra shopping and am living in sports bras until I reach my goal weight (hopefully w/in the next month)

Mee too, though for some reason i always buy sports bras at my biggest.
    theyre 34/ 32 G and i currrently should b wearing 32D

I am wondering if i lose more fat on the ribcage, will I be able to find bras that fit??
    (but thats a whole other post)
  • cjosenga
    cjosenga Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Being cold ALL THE TIME!
    Being teased by my peers that I am a health nut and never go out anymore. They can't believe I spend money on running in 5k's and the gas to get to the events.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of people have to deal with excess skin when they lose a lot of weight but I was wondering what else people have run into and what they've done to get around it.

I actually just ordered a new wedding ring for myself. I just got married in May and my ring just doesn't stay on anymore, especially when my hands are wet. It's tungsten carbide so resizing is not an option. Granted I'm still happy for the increase in activity and loss of body fat.

What else have you run into?

Yup, new clothes. I really only have just enough to get by. I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe. A lot of attention every where I go, sometimes I don't feel like having it. Negative people, but it's all about them, negative comments are not about me but about the other persons insecurity at my success. Also the fact that when you get fit and stay fit you are swimming against the stream of society right now and it's sometimes sort of a constant battle. But overall it's a fun battle and something to be proud of.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

This. I don't mind spending money for new clothes at my goal weight....but all those inbetween sizes!? It sucks. I don't want to buy a size below my fat jeans, I want to buy jeans at my goal weight... it gets expensive. BUT good will is nice, when you know you won't be in the same size too long.

New bras, I hate changing sizes. I don't even like losing cup sizes, LOL.

Loose skin.
  • cwag_afw
    cwag_afw Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

This!! And.. my boobs shrank! :(
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am always cold now and for some reason i expected my life to change dating wise.
  • niamhclem21
    niamhclem21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feeling cold & then shopping for your new body shape- i still don't know what suits me!!

I find everything looks good :)
    Just be brave and try everything on

And I second the cold. I used to wear 7 layers in an Australian winter when i was larger.
    Now i'm in the UK ....... (I've had 3 duvets (and electric blanket) for the last 3 months, no idea what i will do when it actually gets cold )

:laugh: :: I loved this, I hope you're not in Scotland cause they classified this as an indian summer up here!
    xx
  • Zylahe
    Options
    niam,
    no I'm down in East Anglia, Lucky for me its at least pretty dry. I hate the rain more than the cold. I can always put another layer on, but I hate having wet feet.
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    I have a skinny top half and bigger bum and thighs, when I saw my new slimmer summer photos I looked a bit like a turkey up top. My legs looked good but I suddenly thought, perhaps losing the last few pounds might not make me happier. Weird thought. My husband says I look no matter what, just go with it. Ah, love him.