Worst Part About Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't know that I have a worst part...yes having dropped dress sizes meant more clothes to purchase but I would shop at Ross where I could atleast get more for my money. Shopping for clothes in a smaller size doesn't sound like the worst thing.

On a side note, if you need to get rid of old clothes that's now too big consider doing a yard sale. Whatever doesn't sell you can always drop off at Goodwill. Easy way to make some cash.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Everything else has has been minor (being cold and buying new clothes). Clothes are expensive! Lucky for me I've been able to fit into kids clothes and they are cheaper (if I can find them and they aren't too kiddy or childish) but finding dress clothes that fit is another story.

I invested in a few kids skirts and pants b/c they have that elastic band in them! Life saver! Even when I lose weight I can still wear them for a while.

Always freezing cold is my second complaint. I just cannot keep my own body heat at all.

That's what I love about kids jeans, the hidden elastic with buttons to adjust the waist band! I wish I could find black dress pants with an elastic waist band that are boot cut (A.Byers used to make some) that would be great.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you can buy shoes at the thrift store. Recently I found a pair that look brand new and I only paid $5.00 for them.

My complaint is that as weight loss progresses, I always go through a stage where I look more dimply and ripply than usual. I definitely don't burn fat evenly.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    New clothes. I know a lot of people get excited about that, but I like the clothes I have and don't really have the money to buy new sets of clothes. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll be more than happy to go shopping, but along the way it's not much fun.

I second this 100%! I am at the point now where none of my pants fit and I am getting sick of having to wear a belt to hold them up. I look and feel sloppy but do not have the budget to get a new wardrobe. I went and bought 2 new pairs of jeans at Old Navy that fit well and I will wear them every day. I finally had to break down and buy new bras and underwear too, which is a lot of $$ for somrthing that no one even sees but you (and your SO).
    No money for new clothes. My sisters can give me shirts (and they did so I saved a lot of money there) but they can't give me their old paants. One is a size 8 (I'm a size 14) and the other is 5 feet tall and I am 5feet 5 inches tall. My ladies got smaller too. They were small to begin with...Loose skin in my innner thighs are the WORST part though. I would never go under the knife for that, I am too scared and I don't have the money anyways.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Worst thing for me is bra shopping. I hate it! The dang things are so expensive, and I don't fit in the "cheap" ones yet. My last bra purchase was $88 for one. This makes me sick, especially since I'll probably only be able to wear the thing for a few months before it is too big. Sigh.

Thankfully my exercise bras still fit, but barely. They are on the tightest setting right now, so I'll have to invest in new ones soon. Sigh.

Quite frankly, if I'm going to spend $88 on an item of clothing it had better be for a swanky dress, or some yummy yarn to knit myself a sweater... not a bra that only my hubby will see. ;-)

Did you ever think of wearing a sports bra. I know i am from that old little T committie if you know what i mean, but even though I am no dolly parton, I would think that a sports bra would work until you reach your goal or close to it.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Everybody says the clothes shopping but I'd be soooo excited for nice underwear shopping when I lose weight!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I recently gained weight because of stress and I have NO CLOTHES to wear on my fat butt. I am blassed to have designer wear in my closet, including some luxury designers but I can't wear it because I'm too fat! And nooooooo way I'm going shopping for my fat myself.
    I've lost about 10 pounds before getting to the MFP and so far my biggest complaint about the weightloss is my boobies getting smaller. I'm afraid after I loos weight and get back to my normal me, I'd have saggy boobies, God forbid :(

I'm using Collistar bust night cream to keep the skin well but it's my biggest concern so far. To help my body skin I use a lot of body cream every time after shower to hepl tighten my skin.

I need to lose weight and I'm focused on the goal! Happy I found the MFP! You guys help a lot!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I have spend SO MUCH on new clothes and still have 59 lbs to go! ALL my fall clothes from last year had to go, sad because I'm a grad student will not a ton of money and also because I buy nice clothes. I was able to buy the same leather jacket in a medium, instead of a x-large, which was awesome. It was $60, but so worth it.
    Haven't had to buy any new shoes, but again, by the time spring/summer rolls around again, I will have to buy all new clothes again.
    Oh well, if my body will be sexy, i need to wear sexy clothes...ha
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound weird but I can kind of feel my stretchmarks and sometimes they ache a bit. And are red which is odd because I am really dark.
  • SashaP1969
    SashaP1969 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Really, your fee shrink? I have a size 12 foot which makes buying shoes so hard. Is there hope for me?!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I also am always freezing!! When I was thin (in my teens and early 20s) I was always cold too so I know it's the loss of all my fluffy insulation. I'm in eastern Canada and don't think I'll survive the winter! LOL

I also concur with the clothing issue. Now when I have an event, I have to shop before hand. I'm stocked up on yoga pants and sweatshirts (I work from home so that's my work uniform LOL). But every few months an "event" comes up and when I haul out what I purchased for the last one it's frumpy! I was a 22 when i started a year ago and am now a 10... so that's a lot of sizes! Luckily my hubby has me on an unlimited clothing budget until I reach goal (only unlimited because he knows I'm very frugal).

The thing I hate the absolute most is that really akward moment when I run into someone I haven't seen in a while. They always always say "you've lost A LOT of weight" i say yes then they say "like A LOT". It's like they think they are telling me something I didn't know. I never know how to respond. I usually go with a "thanks" and try to change the subject... generally they still want to discuss my weight though. So akward!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I hate that my knees still hurt.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    the worst by far is all the jealous bishes who try to sabotage me.

Truth.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    my boobs look like tube socks / cow udders
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    2 years ago i decided to invest in good bras. spent a small fortune on them. now half do not fit - too big. i'm dreading the thought of having to buy new ones. right now i'm between sizes (10 and an 8) my old clothes are too big but i don't want to buy new clothes until i can comfortably fit into the 8s. so i'm stuck with baggy pants. i've been donating my big clothes and while that means i have to replace them it does make me feel better that i'm giving them to less fortunate people.

please don't say your feet shrink either because i already wear a size 5, if my feet get any smaller i'll be shopping in the children's section for shoes and they never have anything with 3" heels
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    There are some great deals at Goodwill and Salvation Army. I used to think the clothes there would be yucky, but I went in and there is a lot of cute designer names.

**Added**
    I noticed that my feet shrunk. I need new shoes. Heels, boots, running, etc.. Shoes are not something you can buy at the second hand store!

So excited to hear that smaller feet is a possibility! I was a 10 for years and years and then became an 11 when I started gaining. Plus, it'll be an excuse for new shoes. :)
  • thr33martins
    thr33martins Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Uhh... nothing. All I want in this world is to be fit and healthy and look good naked.

This isn't all I want in this world, but it is way up there. I can't think of a downside to losing weight... :)
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound horribly vain...
    I hate seeing pictures of myself and realizing I am not as thin yet as I feel.
    Like at the finish line of a 5k... I can see I still very much have thunder thighs! :sad:
    but I feel like a size 6
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    me too DinaMW2013!
  • KCalhoun85
    Options
    My ladies get smaller. They don't disappear, but it's still sad to see them shrink. I'm a D now but when I get to my GW I'll probably be a small C. :sad:

I understand that one! I want to keep my girls but lose my butt lol. Unfortunately it seems that weight loss will always decrease them. :(