It's NOT that hard.

Options
Sorry if this may come out a little *****y, but...... it's not that hard to lose weight & exercise........ if you are committed to doing it. I'm kinda sick of hearing about how hard it is to be motivated, how hard it is to get the scales to move, how hard it is to stay in calories & even how hard it is when you 'sore'.

I told you it would sound *****y... but it's not.

I have a back injury that stopped me from working in a labor job ever again. I get about 2-3 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky because of my injury & walking kills me for days. I have a stuffed up knee from breaking it in 2002. I have a bad hip & shin splints (at the moment).

I've run, Zumba'd & done all kinds of intense workouts for the past 9 months.... every single day. With all my injury problems & even a broken toe thrown in.... I'm still going. Running on my leg kills me... but I'm sucking it up & still going.

I eat under my cals EVERY day. I eat the same thing every day yes... but I do allow treats.... take a look.

I've lost 66lbs ...... 31kg in 9 months..... no cheat days, no days off from working out & sure as hell no reason to NOT do anything.

So why are people finding it so hard to lose weight? Why do people complain because they can't control their own actions or addictions?

It does sound *****y right? But what happened to good old hard work?

Replies

• indigo_rose
    Options
    Out of curiosity.. Do u remember how much u lost in the first 8 weeks?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I think it was close to about 8kg, I was losing 1kg a week at one point.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    4vfzvn.gif
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I have been at a pound a week. I know kg is 2.2 pounds correct?
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Yep I agree, the only way to lose weight is to really commit. I don't see a problem with having surplus days on occasion...but not a regular thing. I cannot agree with you more! Don't expect changes if you don't really change.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I have been at a pound a week. I know kg is 2.2 pounds correct?

yep :)
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    that's where I am at now. I lost 4 before I started.. Just had a squiz at ur pics! Feck me woman u look awse!! So u did 1000 cal a day? Hard work never killed anyone.. The way I see it.. If u want it.. Do something about it!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it really IS hard. We are all different. Different life circumstances. Different things work for different people.

The thing is...what do you do when it gets hard? Keep on pushing? Give up? Try something different?

Personally, the times in my journey when I've found it extra hard, I realized it's because what I was doing just wasn't working especially well for me. Rather than giving up, I just went about it a different way. Eventually, I found my groove, and it became easier. But some people seem to think that there's only one way to go about it, and it's "do or fail". I think that makes it much harder than it needs to be.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Brain surgery is easy to some people; doesn't mean it's not hard.

I've always been a champion of people needing to want it badly enough, because you have to forsake so much for serious weight loss. You've got to want to succeed more than you want any chocolate bar, any tube of Pringles, any night on the sofa when it's lashing down outside, any Chinese takeaway, any bottle of wine, any period-governed slab of Dairy Milk, any steaming gooey cheesy lasagna when you go out for a friend's birthday meal. You've got to say no to so many things, and for many (including myself) that's after years of saying OH GOD YES GET IN MY MOUTH to everything.

You've got to exercise when you hurt, when you're tired, when you're upset, when it's the last thing you want to do.

Well done you for succeeding. Well done anyone for making the decision to improve their life through changes to their health. But yes, it is indeed very p*ssy to say it's easy.

If it's so easy, why do so many people fail?
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i didnt know mfp was a competition of who was better at this weightloss game.

if you dont like seeing these things remove the people as your friends and dont read the forum posts
  • runlikeananna
    runlikeananna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes it is hard.

i've lost 24 kilos in twelve months and people have been asking me what I have been doing and when I tell them the first thing they say is "Is it easy?"

No it's hard. Nothing worth doing is easy. I do have cheat days and eat the wrong things but if I do I get back on track.

BUT giving up is HARDER. Staying fat and unhealthy is harder.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Do you want a gold star?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    that's where I am at now. I lost 4 before I started.. Just had a squiz at ur pics! Feck me woman u look awse!! So u did 1000 cal a day? Hard work never killed anyone.. The way I see it.. If u want it.. Do something about it!

I did 1200 to begin with, then about 1300 & now I think I'm at 1500 roughly. I still don't eat all my cals & don't even try if I'm not hungry.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Do you want a gold star?

Why? Have you got one? Rare find.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Do you want a gold star?

This

And yes it does sound ****ty.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    So hang on, you are encouraging people to work out injured? Or work out until they are injured?

Congratulations on your success, but seriously there are times that it is hard, sometimes the 'hard' is knowing when to rest an injury or even better, find a way to workout that doesn't impact on your existing injuries.

What are you going to to when it does get hard? Because if you continue with your VLCD WITH injuries, it WILL get hard. And it won't be easy to move through.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't seek validation from strangers by bullying others, which is more than your third-grade attitude can say.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I can see where you're coming from, but for some people it really is hard.

Some people really do struggle, others don't struggle as much.

I have scolosis and still do high intensity cardio... I do things I shouldn't do when I'm sore (that doesn't mean it's okay, it means I'm stubborn). I get stuck a lot, but I'm too stubborn to give up. I change what I'm doing. I take a short break to freshen up.

But for others it isn't as easy. It doesn't mean that they don't want it badly, or that they're doing things wrong. It just means that they struggle. Telling them that weight loss is easy will not help. It simply is not easy for everyone. Everyone is different.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    So hang on, you are encouraging people to work out injured? Or work out until they are injured?

Congratulations on your success, but seriously there are times that it is hard, sometimes the 'hard' is knowing when to rest an injury or even better, find a way to workout that doesn't impact on your existing injuries.

What are you going to to when it does get hard?

Where did I say for others to work out while injured? I did point out that I do & don't let it put me off. I've read ppl on here say they are tired & can't be bothered..... THAT bothers me. That is no excuse.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I don't seek validation from strangers by bullying others, which is more than your third-grade attitude can say.

Nor do I..... so why have you come into my topic if NOT to do that? Really I didn't seek you out did I? I didn't attack any single person at all. Just stated MY opinion & for that it's bullying? I'm far from that. Can you say the same?
This discussion has been closed.