It's NOT that hard.

Options

Replies

• smilesalot1969
    Options
    gosh superciliousness is such an attractive quality is it not?? :huh:
    i pity the day you ever need help from anyone with something YOU find difficult OP because i think you may find yourself very much alone.
    A lot of people do need help and they don't find it easy, this is WHY sites like this exist...so that they can get it without feeling embarrassed or ashamed.
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Your dedication kind of puts things into perspective for me. Thanks for the post!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    sorry if this sounds *****y...but you must have had quite a bit to lose.... it's a little tougher for those who are almost at their ideal weight.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    joker-clap.gif
  • bragaswag
    Options
    Actually I have a 19yo son who needs me to take care of every aspect of his life & has needed that for years. I leave my son at home while I run now, just cause I have no choice at times. I can't trust him not to steal from me, burn the house down or do something just as stupid.... but hey..... mothers have to do things sometimes. Motherhood is NOT an excuse at all..... do a workout with them, go for a walk with them. Make an excuse NOT to do it & you prove my point.
    Well...If your house does burn down and you lose every single thing you own, atleast you got a good run in!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself: it's hard work.

I think it's all relative. Some things come easier to some people, while they're really difficult for others. Eating healthy, making good food choices, resisting temptation, educating yourself about what works and what doesn't - all of that takes more effort than doing the opposite. I would argue that it's easier to just stick with the old habits that caused weight gain in the first place than it is to correct those habits and learn new ones. Again, how hard it is to change is going to be different for everyone.

Congrats to you that you found a way to make it work and that you had success. That's what really matters!
  • oconnecs
    oconnecs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You know what? Losing weight IS hard for some people, and making them feel like they're failures isn't helping anyone.

I have PCOS, and until I was diagnosed and began treatment, I physically could not lose weight. I could maintain, but not lose. And I worked out 7 days a week, I represented my country in rowing, and tae kwon do, so you can't say I wasn't burning off calories or eating right.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i didnt know mfp was a competition of who was better at this weightloss game.

if you dont like seeing these things remove the people as your friends and dont read the forum posts

Seriously!

You did sound *******y whatever that was you beeped out, if it had something to do with not being nice, or riding into the moonlight on your high horse- yup your post did sound that way.

Glad it has been so easy for you :flowerforyou:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    sorry if this sounds *****y...but you must have had quite a bit to lose.... it's a little tougher for those who are almost at their ideal weight.

tru story. 12 years ago when I had 50 pounds to lose it was easy. If someone wants to lose 5-10 ( like I do now) pounds it is harder IMO.
  • JenniferSpindel
    JenniferSpindel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As almost every one had said, that was a totally ****ty post and not in the spirit of "My Fitness 'Pal'" Who'd want a friend like you?

Although I did notice that you pre-emptively got defensive and listed all of YOUR struggles down as a way of throwing in people's faces that "i've had it soooo hard wahaa whaaawhaaa but I'm still better than you cause I think this is 'easy'"

Wow.

Congrats on your success and all...

But wow.
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this may come out a little *****y, but...... it's not that hard to lose weight & exercise........ if you are committed to doing it. I'm kinda sick of hearing about how hard it is to be motivated, how hard it is to get the scales to move, how hard it is to stay in calories & even how hard it is when you 'sore'.

I told you it would sound *****y... but it's not.

I have a back injury that stopped me from working in a labor job ever again. I get about 2-3 hours sleep a night if I'm lucky because of my injury & walking kills me for days. I have a stuffed up knee from breaking it in 2002. I have a bad hip & shin splints (at the moment).

I've run, Zumba'd & done all kinds of intense workouts for the past 9 months.... every single day. With all my injury problems & even a broken toe thrown in.... I'm still going. Running on my leg kills me... but I'm sucking it up & still going.

I eat under my cals EVERY day. I eat the same thing every day yes... but I do allow treats.... take a look.

I've lost 66lbs ...... 31kg in 9 months..... no cheat days, no days off from working out & sure as hell no reason to NOT do anything.

So why are people finding it so hard to lose weight? Why do people complain because they can't control their own actions or addictions?

It does sound *****y right? But what happened to good old hard work?

I haven't read the replies but I think you sound like a bit*h. In a perfect world it would be very easy to lose weight. In a world where you don't hate yourself, feel as though you aren't worth putting the effort into yourself, where depression doesn't take over, where you live in a bubble yes, it would be very easy. That's not life. People go through things that throw them off. I am a FIRM believer that you have to save self worth to lose weight. You have to put yourself first and at times even make other people feel awkward to reach your goals. It's not easy. You sound rude.

Additionally this post sounds like "look at me, I'm so successful". Post something like this on success stories, talk about what youv'e done, maybe even help others. Don't post on a board for people who NEED motivation that they are basically just lazy. You are rude.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    The act of eating better or exercising may in itself not be hard, but the willpower to do so, the ability to overcome the mind games IS hard. When I started my journey I was full steam ahead, I was sure I had this in the bag becuase I have been at this 1.5 years, but I am now struggling and I am finding it hard, but I am trying to push through.

For me, it will never be easy and something that is just a way of life. I will always use MFP, i will always have to be aware of what is going on and push myself. If it was that easy, I wouldn't have been 245lbs!

Good luck to everyone.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the time to read through all the responses (as it is, I allow myself to get too distracted already - multi-tasking, uh huh...) - so my thoughts may already be in here somewhere...

but for many, overeating or bingeing or some of the other behaviors associated with being overweight can be part of an addiction.
    And while lack of self-control may have contributed to the issue, just wanting it bad enough will NOT necessarily correct the issue.
    The physical and psychological demons must be conquered - not always so easy...
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    That why she said
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the posts. I'll admit that right now. So someone may have said this.

Life is not just about losing weight to be happy. I was thin for a lot of my life and I was not happy. I lost weight much as you are with hard work and dediction and it was NOT healthy and I was miserable. I am happy now. I am not overweight but I would like to lose a little weight to fit into my smaller clothes. That being said, no one will continue on a plan that makes them miserable. If it works for you that's great. If you are happy that's great too. I don't get that you are. Generally people who lash out at others like you have are not happy. We judge others as we judge ourselves. I am sad for you that you feel so much pain that you feel like you have to put others down to feel like you've accomplished something. Great work on losing the weight.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for almost a year and some weeks it's easy and others it isn't. I'm sure most of us on here have been on failed diets in the past, I don't know why but sometimes it just clicks (but that can take a while for some people).

What I have noticed is that worrying about yourself and not what everyone else is doing does seems to be really difficult for some...
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

GREAT quote...
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    OP, maybe I'm not the first to point this out (didn't read the 8 pages of posts before this), but did you realize that the first and last sentences of your posts are direct contradictions to one another?

Now, I tend to agree with the essential point of your post which is to say "If you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen". But to say it's easy is to undermine the accomplishments of so many people on this forum, including your own.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am wondering why you saw the need to write as you did - unless you are a troll and now sit back to enjoy watching the fur fly - it takes all sorts, I suppose.

It isn't that hard to mislay weight for a while, it IS hard to stop it finding its way home again.

Your original premise imposes a lack of moral fibre (that you apparently do not share) as the primary cause of dietary frustration and failure.
    As a serial dieter who knows how easy it is to lose weight since I've done hundreds - if not thousands - of times, I clearly lack such moral fibre and I hardly know, now, why I bother to get up in the morning.

I have found this time that with the added dimension of MFP it is much easier to maintain the programme but what I am now finding hard is getting the time to fit going to work with all the logging on and going to the gym.
This discussion has been closed.