It's NOT that hard.

Options

Replies

• amandamb22
    amandamb22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know there are pages of replies......

There is nothing negative to say to you about the success you've found in your life, through hard work. Good for you, great job. But to put this post in a motivation and support thread? - yah you're right, it is w*itchy. You obviously have the gumption that many people here strive for, fight for, may never ever find... so good for you. But it's nothing more then a lack of understanding and lack of some respect to say it's "not that hard", when you just don't know what it is like. And how could you, you seem to have it in check. Again congrats on the success but watch the choice of wording in a motivation thread.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I dont think the OP was being mean or *****y

if you think she was, remember that it is YOUR interpretation and you just might be wrong in your conclusion
    (just like I might be wrong with mine)

this place can become a mob against anything
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    If you go back and read the OP, she never used the word 'EASY' . She simply said that it wasn't 'THAT HARD'. There is a big difference in that thinking. No, it isn't always easy, but there is always a way to get somewhere if you look for solutions to obstacles rather than excuses to give up.
    As soon as I saw the title, I knew the crucifixion would begin quickly.

Ask anyone who has succeeded in losing weight and they will say, it wasn't always easy, but it wasn't really all that hard once they made up their minds to do it.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    The OP actually motivated me to step up my game.

I don't think it was *****y either.

Some people need to spend less time whining about how unfair or hard it is and more time on their programmes. Suck it up or stay fat.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Ask anyone who has succeeded in losing weight and they will say, it wasn't always easy, but it wasn't really all that hard once they made up their minds to do it.

I lost 40lbs and it was incredibly difficult. And even more difficult to maintain a healthy weight.

Thanks for speaking for all of us though, it's appreciated
  • evelynbester
    Options
    :cry: Well, i was saying the same thing, this cant be that... just watch what i am eating, cut back on my portions and drink a delicious shake.... well i am on week two of journey/challenge & just what i got on the scale yesterday which was my 1 week anniversary and i gained 2 freaking pounds..... Now i am not saying it that hard but i not giving up. Just a little disappointed in myself.
  • skruger22
    skruger22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    4vfzvn.gif

AHAHAH!!! oh man, this cracked me up!! :)
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If I eat something that I know I should not have, then I actually scold myself & make myself feel rotten for doing it..... hence the reason I have not slipped up.

You should see me learn touch typing.... I miss a key... I slap myself on the face...... now imagine what I would be like if I ate that pizza...even a slice?

Wow - does this actually sound healthy to you?

There are so many things in your post(s) that are crazy/misinformed/naive that it boggles the mind.

This ^. And your food intake is atrocious, which is fine, we are all entitled to eat what we wish, but how dare you press your opinion of anyone elses' struggles by comparing it to your lacking calorie intake, your self-abusive behavior, your careless maltreatment of your body's healing needs and excessive pill consumption?

You have no right to judge - and don't even begin to say that I am judging you, because the moment that you judge the wonderful friends I have on here that are struggling every day to get healthier and to be better, it's open season.

You need help, you need to humble yourself .. and congratulations on your success, because with this attitude, you won't have any friends at the finish line.

Good luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • myofibril
    Options
    So, just so I know, when is the witch burning due to take place for the crime of having an opinion most people don't like?

This will be the 3,245 witch burning that I have witnessed in my time on MFP.

The weird thing is that warlocks always seem to get off relatively mildly with the odd scalding here and there. Blinkin' patriarchy...
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    The OP actually motivated me to step up my game.

I don't think it was *****y either.

Some people need to spend less time whining about how unfair or hard it is and more time on their programmes. Suck it up or stay fat.
    It's the fact that she targeted other people as being lazy that wasn't really motivating to me. I feel like she was saying, "you suck because if I can to it with my issues then what excuse do you have?" What does my weight loss have to do with hers? Nothing! If she was aiming at being motivational she had the choice to leave her opinion of other people out of her post. SHE was whining. She wasn't talking about herself so it didn't sound like whining, but she was complaining about other people. Same thing in my book.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    So, just so I know, when is the witch burning due to take place for the crime of having an opinion most people don't like?

I have a barn on a farm, but it's full of zombies now. Gotta clear it out first. Somebody should bring the pitchforks. Damn zombies ran off with mine last week.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    Options

I have a barn on a farm, but it's full of zombies now. Gotta clear it out first. Somebody should bring the pitchforks. Damn zombies ran off with mine last week.
    Those zombies are always making problems.
  • stephmo86
    Options
    wow, that was *****y.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Oh, how nice for you. :)
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options

ROFLOL
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Yeah, actually it IS THAT HARD. Trust me, I've lost 28 lbs and it not been easy at all. It's a constant struggle and although it does get easier over time, there are still days when it just doesn't seem worth it to drink seltzer instead of another beer, say no to seconds of something tasty, substitute a side salad for fries, etc. Food is delicious!
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    What I have to say may sound a little *****y, and it's not meant to. I applaud you for pushing through the pain and staying on plan to lose weight. But, what kept you from losing the weight before you gained 66 lbs? Losing weight was just as 'easy' then as it is now, if not easier. I know one thing. Everyone has their own journey. Getting fit is work. Eating right takes discipline. If a MFP friend is complaining about how hard it is to avoid brownies at work I sympathize. Especially since I know she will be there for me when I'm complaining about climbing stairs after leg day (ohmythighs). That's what MFP friends do.

What stopped me? Denial. Total denial. I saw me in the mirror & thought I looked great. It took a photo to change that. How I got there? Laziness. Totally being lazy & not eating right. Enter the photo & that changed that very day. I usually give up on things within a week or two if I'm lucky. This (apart from motherhood & being a wife) is the longest I've stuck to anything. 9 months ago I would have made an excuse to not walk anywhere or justify that pizza to myself. Now? Now I have no tolerance for either. If I don't do a workout by midday then I'm going crazy. If I eat something that I know I should not have, then I actually scold myself & make myself feel rotten for doing it..... hence the reason I have not slipped up.

You should see me learn touch typing.... I miss a key... I slap myself on the face...... now imagine what I would be like if I ate that pizza...even a slice?
    As someone with a background in psychology there is something legitimately wrong with that you said. Slapping yourself in the face for missing a key? Doing worse if you have pizza? OP, that is a horribly horribly unhealthy attitude.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Those zombies are always making problems.

They keep dropping body parts all over the hay on the ground too. Who's going to clean that mess up? So inconsiderate!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Do you want a gold star?

This

And yes it does sound ****ty.
    thisx2
  • myofibril
    Options
    It's the fact that she targeted other people as being lazy that wasn't really motivating to me. I feel like she was saying, "you suck because if I can to it with my issues then what excuse do you have?" What does my weight loss have to do with hers? Nothing! If she was aiming at being motivational she had the choice to leave her opinion of other people out of her post. SHE was whining. She wasn't talking about herself so it didn't sound like whining, but she was complaining about other people. Same thing in my book.

Fair dues.

Different people react differently to different stimulii (I'm seeing how many time I can get the word different into my reply. Which is different.)

Maybe some people are actually just lazy and need to step up their game though? It's not a crime to express that sentiment. The response to the OP is not proportionate to the potential offensiveness of her comments. It looks suspiciously like an opportunity to give someone a cyber beating because of the protection given by a mob.
This discussion has been closed.