It's NOT that hard.

Options

Replies

• Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Get a life people. Befriend those you like and ignore the rest.....simples!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It won't make me popular, but I stand with the OP on this. I didn't think she was being mean, or telling people to work out injured, or saying that anybody that was struggling is some sort of loser. What I heard was "Life is hard, suck it up and let's go." There are legit questions on this site, but there are so other questions where the real answer is "Stop talking and start doing". She's not acting like she's above everyone else. We can all sit here and coddle each other but sometimes a kick in the *kitten* is what help feels like.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is simple but hard, and it really depends on how much stress you have going on.

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

Well said, as usual :flowerforyou:
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    well op im very glad losing weight comes easy to you because starting good forum posts does not
  • Polparrot
    Polparrot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well said that man!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    well op im very glad losing weight comes easy to you because starting good forum posts does not

:flowerforyou:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Hahahaha
  • jenericstewart
    jenericstewart Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How about different metabolisms?

I've never lost weight like everyone else. Been dieting since I was 8. Years and years of dieting takes its toll. With my experiences, I'd never undermine someone's complaints of dieting difficulties. I do believe that the less you've dieted, the easier you'll lose weight.

Not only that, the kicker is...keeping it off. :o)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    While the message is good, the delivery...not so much.
  • hollyjane77
    Options
    high 5 to "kmuree" & "helloburger"
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You slap yourself in the face when you accidentally miss a key while typing?? Am I the only one who thinks that statement is a little 'off'??? :noway:
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's not hard once it finally clicked for you that it was time to do something and you were finally gonna do it for the right reasons. I tried all my life to lose weight and it was HARD! I felt hungry, fat, ugly, discouraged, had too much to lose..... but right now, I'm going on 8 weeks of MFP, work out 6 days a week ( cardio, lifting, swimming) and it's not hard. Because I'm not on a diet. I'm reprograming myself to have a healthy, active lifetsyle.

Don't judge people, for some it IS hard.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Sometimes life and reality (and pain) get in the way of good intentions. Remove that...piece of cake. That's why none of us are overweight. Oh and keeping it off is a cinch, too.
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU, I NEEDED THAT! :flowerforyou:
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm committed to this... I'm not backing down. BUT.... it can be difficult for some people. Everyone is different. It gets hard for me on some days. I push through... but, it's still hard. Depression... schedule changes... sickness... Stuff happens. But, it is a process.

And... I don't have "cheat days" either. I have some days that are worse than others... but, it's a process to me... not just a diet. I'm not about to eat the same thing everyday... because I love experimenting with food too much. And... right now, I can't exercise except for upper body strength (and some walking) because of my knee. It's been messed up the last couple of weeks... and I refuse to make it worse and end up having to have surgery. I can't afford to miss work for surgery.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Losing weight in the USA is a challenge but can be done. It requires a lifestyle change and a lot of hard work.

No offense but I think you should reach your goal and maintain it for a long time before getting on your soap box on how hard it is to lose weight.

And why exactly is it harder in USA than elsewhere Herb? Is there soemthing in your watter taht we don't have elsewhere?

We are inundated with poor food options on every block of every commercial street. Generally speaking, it is not that way in most countries. We have fast food franchises from the same brand within 1000 feet of each other, it is ridiculous. Our advertisements in print and on TV are one food ad after another. This is one reason that obesity has gotten to monstrous proportions in the USA and why this country is growing fatter, faster than any other in the world. It is not simply an abundance of food, but a continuing decline in physical activity from one generation to the next.
    [/quote

You also have a significant more amount of health food chains and gyms than most other countries. TV commercials and fast food chains don't make people put on weight. Listening to the commercials and eating the food does. Being fat is a problem in a lot of first world countries. It's not like you are going to lose weight if you move to England or Australia just because you are in another country. No matter where you live you have to make choices. The USA doesn't make people fat, people make people fat and so does lack of responsibility.
  • live2love2012
    Options

Ha! Fantastic :laugh: :laugh:
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Actually I have a 19yo son who needs me to take care of every aspect of his life & has needed that for years. I leave my son at home while I run now, just cause I have no choice at times. I can't trust him not to steal from me, burn the house down or do something just as stupid.... but hey..... mothers have to do things sometimes. Motherhood is NOT an excuse at all..... do a workout with them, go for a walk with them. Make an excuse NOT to do it & you prove my point.

Actually, as a mother... I do not HAVE to leave my children at home unattended with the chance of them burning the house down. GOOD for you that you feel going for a run is more important, but I disagree. I'll stay at home and take care of my children and lose the weight a little slower.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Something harder than losing weight -- BEING A NICE PERSON

HIGH 5
This discussion has been closed.