Milk or No Milk?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I rarely dip calamari in marinara. I don't want to hide the flavor.

And I've had good calamari in American restaurants - just not very often.

A restaurant we go to often during lent has calamari sauteeded in olive oil with cherry peppers, banana peppers, onions and some crushed red pepper. It is SUPER YUMMY AWESOME and since my wife won't go near the tentacles, I get them all unless we go out with my brother and sister-in-law in which case I hae to fight him for the tentacles.
    Just like one of those japanese anime flicks with the tentacle demons?
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I also got a big laugh out your putting forth this idea like you came up with it all by yourself. Someone brings this up several times a week on this forum and it's been out there for years and years. So congrats on coming up with a "new" idea all on your own.

Years and years? More like decades and decades!
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I just think its simple if it your macros then go for it
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I find drinking cow milk to be pretty odd. Especially since it is designed to nourish baby cows, who gain hundreds of pounds in the first year of their life!! I think the mere fact that there are so many people who are lactose intolerant/ have trouble with milk is a clear sign that it is not good for us.

So by that thought, peanuts/shellfish/strawberries/eggs are not good for us either because so many people have issues with it.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I may never be weaned. I still like my milk and cheese. My current project is to raise milk goats.

I did a few years ago. Made lots of cheese. It was fun and delicious. Goat milk straight from the goat tastes nothing like goat milk from the store.

I made fudge and white russians with goat milk too.

Ummmmm....more ideas!

This thread has been fun, but I need to get to work and finish out my goat barn. The sooner I have goats, the sooner I get to make cheese! (and fudge and white Russians)
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I rarely dip calamari in marinara. I don't want to hide the flavor.

And I've had good calamari in American restaurants - just not very often.

A restaurant we go to often during lent has calamari sauteeded in olive oil with cherry peppers, banana peppers, onions and some crushed red pepper. It is SUPER YUMMY AWESOME and since my wife won't go near the tentacles, I get them all unless we go out with my brother and sister-in-law in which case I hae to fight him for the tentacles.
    Hmmm? "Day of The Tentacle", huh?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I may never be weaned. I still like my milk and cheese. My current project is to raise milk goats.

I did a few years ago. Made lots of cheese. It was fun and delicious. Goat milk straight from the goat tastes nothing like goat milk from the store.

I made fudge and white russians with goat milk too.

Ummmmm....more ideas!

This thread has been fun, but I need to get to work and finish out my goat barn. The sooner I have goats, the sooner I get to make cheese! (and fudge and white Russians)
    Gosh" So THAT is why the Bolsheviks won, huh?

So, anyway, just how do you milk an almond?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    At this very moment, I am enjoying one of the most important reasons to not give up dairy: EGGNOG!!!!