Milk or No Milk?

Options

Replies

• Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk (except the occasional chocolate milk and very occasional latte). 1. It contains puss. Can't avoid this. 2. Unless you get organic unpasturized milk you're getting hormones and antibiotics and chemicals. 3. Milk contains so much sugar that despite it being natural sugar it is dangerous to diabetics.

I prefer almond milk. Tastes better, and is easier to find free of chemicals and crap.

You do know what a chemical is, right?
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Red Billed Oxpecker (picture), seagulls, feral cats and sheathbills have been observed drinking another animal's milk.

source: http://www.academia.edu/890943/Feral_cats_steal_milk_from_northern_elephant_seals

img46041wt.jpg
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk (except the occasional chocolate milk and very occasional latte). 1. It contains puss. Can't avoid this. 2. Unless you get organic unpasturized milk you're getting hormones and antibiotics and chemicals. 3. Milk contains so much sugar that despite it being natural sugar it is dangerous to diabetics.

I prefer almond milk. Tastes better, and is easier to find free of chemicals and crap.

chemical [ˈkɛmɪkəl]
    n
    1. Bad stuff made by people to make other people fat or unhealthy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Now tell me, do you find that to be an odd concept? Where in all of nature is a young weened from one source of milk and put onto another? As far as I know, the animals that were weened now drink water for their need of fluids. I personally believe that we as human beings do not need milk once we reach a certain physiological maturity. We can get all those nutrients that we need from plant based foods and the kicker is that most of those foods are low in fat or have no fat at all! Try alternatives to animal milk: rice, soy, almond milks. They are high in nutrients and doesn't give you lactose problems as far as I know.

Just out of curiosity, why do you find it an odd concept that humans drink the milk of another animal when other animals do not, but not that humans cook "milk" out of soy beans and almonds to drink? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other soecies does that either, do they?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Red Billed Oxpecker (picture), seagulls, feral cats and sheathbills have been observed drinking another animal's milk.

source: http://www.academia.edu/890943/Feral_cats_steal_milk_from_northern_elephant_seals

img46041wt.jpg

And do we really want our children growing up to be oxpeckers?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Now tell me, do you find that to be an odd concept? Where in all of nature is a young weened from one source of milk and put onto another? As far as I know, the animals that were weened now drink water for their need of fluids. I personally believe that we as human beings do not need milk once we reach a certain physiological maturity. We can get all those nutrients that we need from plant based foods and the kicker is that most of those foods are low in fat or have no fat at all! Try alternatives to animal milk: rice, soy, almond milks. They are high in nutrients and doesn't give you lactose problems as far as I know.

Just out of curiosity, why do you find it an odd concept that humans drink the milk of another animal when other animals do not, but not that humans cook "milk" out of soy beans and almonds to drink? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no other soecies does that either, do they?

Oxpeckers might. You never know what those fckers will do.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Blue tits used to depend on doorstep deliveries (with foil. peck-through bottle tops) - doesn't seem to have done them any harm. Supermarket plastic bottles straight from the car boot to the fridge are depriving young adult blue tits of their traditional rights.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Oxpeckers might. You never know what those fckers will do.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • shellyhef1
    Options
    You do realize men are capable of producing breastmilk? It is all hormone related. You just need your prolactin levels thrown off just a touch, and you will be in business! You won't even have to buy a strangers milk!! Did I just make your day!!!???
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same age as you and also always drank milk, but even when I was almost 340 lbs my bloodwork wasn't bad, which drove my doctor nuts, because he wanted to give me a reason to lose weight. I ended up still finding a reason though.
    Currently 205 lbs, blood pressure (last check) 110 / 68, pulse rate 62. So I am inclined to agree with you.

Quality of life can certainly be a huge incentive!
    Agreed.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    You do realize men are capable of producing breastmilk? It is all hormone related. You just need your prolactin levels thrown off just a touch, and you will be in business! You won't even have to buy a strangers milk!! Did I just make your day!!!???

No. Not one bit. I have no desire to harvest milk from myself nor from any male.
  • shellyhef1
    Options

No. Not one bit. I have no desire to harvest milk from myself nor from any male.

Sorry, I was wanting for the genius OP to learn that he could harvest HIS own breast milk!! Sounds like he needs something to do in his spare time!
  • sjohnny
    Options

Sorry, I was wanting for the genius OP to learn that he could harvest HIS own breast milk!! Sounds like he needs something to do in his spare time!

He should have at it then! I'll pass.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

chemical [ˈkɛmɪkəl]
    n
    1. Bad stuff made by people to make other people fat or unhealthy.

haha
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Good point, bcattoes. :D

Why would I need to try an alternative to animal milk? My body produces lactase as an adult, I'm glad that mutation landed in my genome. Off to remove the empty Haagen Dazs container from my cat's head.
  • So I would like to hear a response from you and see what you have to think about this. But PLEASE mull it over, take deep thought into it. I am really interested in what you think.

Okay here is my theory. Milk.

Look at nature (concerning herbivores). The young is born and they get their main source of fats and nutrients from theirs mothers milk for them to grow at an alarming rate. Once the young is of age of physiological maturity, the youngling is weened from its mother's milk, then it consumes its nutrients elsewhere with a low fat intake.

Now look at human beings. When we are born we consume our mother's milk to get the gains that we need in mass and nutrition. Then we are weened from our mother's milk and then.....WE ARE TO DRINK ANOTHER SPECIES MILK!!!

Now tell me, do you find that to be an odd concept? Where in all of nature is a young weened from one source of milk and put onto another? As far as I know, the animals that were weened now drink water for their need of fluids. I personally believe that we as human beings do not need milk once we reach a certain physiological maturity. We can get all those nutrients that we need from plant based foods and the kicker is that most of those foods are low in fat or have no fat at all! Try alternatives to animal milk: rice, soy, almond milks. They are high in nutrients and doesn't give you lactose problems as far as I know. I have not drank animal's milk regularly in a long time. However, I do eat animal products such as cheese, yogurt, or stuff that contains milk. I try my best to not make it into a habit, but you know while growing up I have had it beaten into my head that "Milk, it does a body good" which is true to a certain point. I will not make lame excuses as to why I continue to eat stuff that contains milk other than it's hard for old habits to die.

And that's okay if it does your body good; however, I'm looking at the purpose of what milk is intended for: younglings. If someone wants to continue to consume milk, then that is okay. For me, logic says that if animals are weened from their mothers milk, then I should be as well. It is so strange if we see an eight year old still breast feeding from their mother or even drinking their mother's breast milk; yet, we don't find it odd for that eight year old to drink another mother's milk of a different species. Still, we would find it VERY strange if that child drank breast milk from another human mother even if it was bottled.

Do you see my reason?

So why don't we continue to drink breast milk from our mothers since it is made specifically for us? Other animals stick to their own species of milk. Why aren't the store shelves filled up with human breast milk? It might be easier on our system. Know this, I am not advocating adults consuming breast milk.

If you fell something needs to be added, then please do so. If you disagree, please pick my brain and give me some really great counter-arguements. Thanks. Have fun. :wink:

GeorgeBush_zpsb331eedb.gif
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking milk plus at the Korova milk bar while I make up my rassoodocks what to do with the evening.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I drink Almond Milk (; Way better for you anyways =D
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    No milk - No icecream. Do you wanna live in a world with no icecream ? Imagine a world where kids are licking dry sticks, old people try to break ice cubes with their gums, and diners serve milkshakes made of cocoa powder and sugar. Do you really want to live in such a world ?
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    No other animal on earth has thumbs...

On the idea of selling human breast milk at the stores. When they start doing that I would like a job at the dairy as a milker. I'll bring my own milking stool.

That's one of those benefits to having thumbs. Lactating women are fully able to milk themselves.