Milk or No Milk?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    This is because we are at the top of the food chain. Opposable thumbs, critical thinking skills, etc. are what separate us from the other species on this planet.

ETA: And to the guys ready to milk humans, there was another thread on this where I commented that I believe the main reason there *isn't* human milk on the shelves is production costs would be too high.

I bet you would have lots of volunteer labor though.

indubitably
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I find drinking cow milk to be pretty odd. Especially since it is designed to nourish baby cows, who gain hundreds of pounds in the first year of their life!! I think the mere fact that there are so many people who are lactose intolerant/ have trouble with milk is a clear sign that it is not good for us.
    Just because some people have an allergy or intolerance for it doesn't mean it's bad for everyone. By that logic we'd all better stop eating peanut butter, eggs, and anything else that some people might be allergic to. :tongue:

Milk, yogurt, cheese, ice cream, butter, cream - I love dairy and it loves me right back, and will continue to consume and enjoy it. :bigsmile;
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to drink milk, don't.

Why do you need to convince everyone else not to?
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    So I would like to hear a response from you and see what you have to think about this. But PLEASE mull it over, take deep thought into it. I am really interested in what you think.

Okay here is my theory. Milk.

Look at nature (concerning herbivores). The young is born and they get their main source of fats and nutrients from theirs mothers milk for them to grow at an alarming rate. Once the young is of age of physiological maturity, the youngling is weened from its mother's milk, then it consumes its nutrients elsewhere with a low fat intake.

Now look at human beings. When we are born we consume our mother's milk to get the gains that we need in mass and nutrition. Then we are weened from our mother's milk and then.....WE ARE TO DRINK ANOTHER SPECIES MILK!!!

Now tell me, do you find that to be an odd concept? Where in all of nature is a young weened from one source of milk and put onto another? As far as I know, the animals that were weened now drink water for their need of fluids. I personally believe that we as human beings do not need milk once we reach a certain physiological maturity. We can get all those nutrients that we need from plant based foods and the kicker is that most of those foods are low in fat or have no fat at all! Try alternatives to animal milk: rice, soy, almond milks. They are high in nutrients and doesn't give you lactose problems as far as I know. I have not drank animal's milk regularly in a long time. However, I do eat animal products such as cheese, yogurt, or stuff that contains milk. I try my best to not make it into a habit, but you know while growing up I have had it beaten into my head that "Milk, it does a body good" which is true to a certain point. I will not make lame excuses as to why I continue to eat stuff that contains milk other than it's hard for old habits to die.

And that's okay if it does your body good; however, I'm looking at the purpose of what milk is intended for: younglings. If someone wants to continue to consume milk, then that is okay. For me, logic says that if animals are weened from their mothers milk, then I should be as well. It is so strange if we see an eight year old still breast feeding from their mother or even drinking their mother's breast milk; yet, we don't find it odd for that eight year old to drink another mother's milk of a different species. Still, we would find it VERY strange if that child drank breast milk from another human mother even if it was bottled.

Do you see my reason?

So why don't we continue to drink breast milk from our mothers since it is made specifically for us? Other animals stick to their own species of milk. Why aren't the store shelves filled up with human breast milk? It might be easier on our system. Know this, I am not advocating adults consuming breast milk.

If you fell something needs to be added, then please do so. If you disagree, please pick my brain and give me some really great counter-arguements. Thanks. Have fun. :wink:

No milk but is is an easy way to get proteins in your body.

I don't disagree with what you wrote.
  • daryabella
    Options
    I'm not trying to get into this thread but I've always thought about that as well.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    What else would you put in your cereal?!

I do unsweetend almond milk.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to get into this thread but I've always thought about that as well.

You've done a horrible job of not getting into this thread.
  • sjohnny
    Options

If it's unnatural for humans to drink the milk of other mammals how even more unnatural is it to drink the milk of nuts? Find me another animal that drinks milk from almonds.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I can see the logic in cow milk being for cows. Since I don't like milk that much i don't drink alot of it however try and take cheese away and you will lose a hand~just sayin
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Almond milk is only for baby almonds to grow them up to a HUGANTIC weight really fast.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If it's unnatural for humans to drink the milk of other mammals how even more unnatural is it to drink the milk of nuts? Find me another animal that drinks milk from almonds.

Milk from nuts ... Another good way to get some extra protein. ;-)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It's simple survival. Cows can turn grass into milk. Which means if you are hungry and you have a cow you can feed yourself by simply letting the cow graze. Milk has an excellent nutrient balance and the body does eventually adapt to the food you eat. In fact milk is one of the best post workout drinks you can have.

No worries if you don't want a scoop of ice cream or some yogurt that means more for me. :)

Cows don't "turn grass into milk"... humans take a cow, get her knocked up, then steal her baby away so we can drink the milk that was intended for it.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • sjohnny
    Options

Milk from nuts ... Another good way to get some extra protein. ;-)

Giggity
  • DaisyMomOf4
    Options
    Bring your own stool... Baahaahaahaa..... Classic....
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    This is because we are at the top of the food chain. Opposable thumbs, critical thinking skills, etc. are what separate us from the other species on this planet.

ETA: And to the guys ready to milk humans, there was another thread on this where I commented that I believe the main reason there *isn't* human milk on the shelves is production costs would be too high.

Because we CAN. :) Personally I don't like milk much but I'm not against it. I'm a huge fan of dairy products though. It's all on personal preference. I've tried goats milk and don't like it too much. The thought of another humans milk makes me want to barf, but maybe I'm emotionally damaged because my mother didn't breast feed me. LOL back in 1960's they thought mothers milk was less superior, we humans tend to muck things up back and forth when we over think too much, LOL. In any case I'm not going to worry about it. I eat what I like and I've given up all my extensive good food bad food lists and feel a tremendous sense of freedom since I chained myself to all the various diet fads yo-yo'ing all over the place for far too long. I'm quite happy having the freedom to eat what ever I feel like eating.
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    I find drinking cow milk to be pretty odd. Especially since it is designed to nourish baby cows, who gain hundreds of pounds in the first year of their life!! I think the mere fact that there are so many people who are lactose intolerant/ have trouble with milk is a clear sign that it is not good for us.

hope you don't eat apples because I'M allergic to them and have major trouble with them therefore it must be a clear sign that they're not good for ALL humans......
  • sjohnny
    Options
    It's simple survival. Cows can turn grass into milk. Which means if you are hungry and you have a cow you can feed yourself by simply letting the cow graze. Milk has an excellent nutrient balance and the body does eventually adapt to the food you eat. In fact milk is one of the best post workout drinks you can have.

No worries if you don't want a scoop of ice cream or some yogurt that means more for me. :)

Cows don't "turn grass into milk"... humans take a cow, get her knocked up, then steal her baby away so we can drink the milk that was intended for it.

Yes, cows do turn grass into milk. After humans get her knocked up , then steal her baby away so we can drink the milk that was intended for it. What's even better is when we then eat the baby. And wash it down with a nice cold glass of milk.
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options

Yes, cows do turn grass into milk. After humans get her knocked up , then steal her baby away so we can drink the milk that was intended for it. What's even better is when we then eat the baby. And wash it down with a nice cold glass of milk.

I just LOL'ed big time.......... AT WORK!!!! that'll teach me to read forums when i should be working!!!
  • sjohnny
    Options

I just LOL'ed big time.......... AT WORK!!!! that'll teach me to read forums when i should be working!!!

That's why I keep my office door shut and Iron Maiden playing really loud in my office.