Milk or No Milk?

Options

Replies

• jfa002
    jfa002 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I absolutely loved the score of replies. Some educated me, some made me laugh, and I see that some did not understand what I was getting at by the replies that some have made. I am so thankful for your participation and the knowledge that everyone has contributed to this thread. I am signing off of this thread now. Once again, thank you! :bigsmile:
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Cows milk is the only milk closest to human milk. Soy milk, turns to estrogen in a males body, most men in general, but especially ones trying to lose weight don't want added estrogen in their body. Rice milk only contains one gram of protein per 8 oz compared to cows milk which contains 8, as well as rice milk is higher in carbs (30) than cows milk (11), as well as lower in calcium, rice milk has 20gms compared to 291gms in cows milk. The same can be said for almond milk, lower in fat and calories, also lower in calcium and protein by comperably the same as rice milk. But if you go with skim or 1% cows milk, you reduce the fat and calories while keeping the protein and calcium.

Almond milk does lack protein, but it is actually higher in calcium.

Almond milk actually only has 2 gm of calcium (Unless it's fortified)
  • rubencalderon
    Options
    I find drinking cow milk to be pretty odd. Especially since it is designed to nourish baby cows, who gain hundreds of pounds in the first year of their life!! I think the mere fact that there are so many people who are lactose intolerant/ have trouble with milk is a clear sign that it is not good for us.
    I've incorporated milk into my diet for a couple weeks. 1% low-fat milk. I have not gained a single pound, but I am losing at least half a pound a day. Now this may also be due to my intermittent fasting and 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats split, but milk is not hindering my weight loss whatsoever. It is a good source of carbs and protein, with very low fat. People are lactose intolerant because of the government's banning of lactate, see, nature didn't **** up. There's a yin and yang to everything. Just like sodium without chlorine(salt) is poisonous to us. Lactate was banned because it seemed to mess with the breast milk of women. We would still have it, but there are those dumb *kitten* who ruin everything, just like in a classroom, if someone ****s up, everyone pays.
    tl;dr - Milk is fine.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I find drinking cow milk to be pretty odd. Especially since it is designed to nourish baby cows, who gain hundreds of pounds in the first year of their life!! I think the mere fact that there are so many people who are lactose intolerant/ have trouble with milk is a clear sign that it is not good for us.
    I've incorporated milk into my diet for a couple weeks. 1% low-fat milk. I have not gained a single pound, but I am losing at least half a pound a day. Now this may also be due to my intermittent fasting and 40% carbs, 40% protein, 20% fats split, but milk is not hindering my weight loss whatsoever. It is a good source of carbs and protein, with very low fat. People are lactose intolerant because of the government's banning of lactate, see, nature didn't **** up. There's a yin and yang to everything. Just like sodium without chlorine(salt) is poisonous to us. Lactate was banned because it seemed to mess with the breast milk of women. We would still have it, but there are those dumb *kitten* who ruin everything, just like in a classroom, if someone ****s up, everyone pays.

tl;dr - Milk is fine.

the government's banning of lactate? Are you insane?
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I give up, I'm done with this nonsense.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    So sorry for this!

Milk2.jpg

I would like to have a hive of these bees. Thousands of them ALL FOR ME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Anyway, having milk on your (?Processed) cereal is nothing compared to what The Huns used to do with mare's milk.

And, as I said before, blutetits drink milk and they don't even feed it to their young - furthermore, how many bables never get within projectile-vomiitting distance of a human breast these days?
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I don't love milk but I like cheese, yogurt, and most dairy products. And like others have said, if animals can drink milk, they will. My friend has a kitty that just looooooves his milk!
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Look at nature (concerning herbivores). The young is born and they get their main source of fats and nutrients from theirs mothers milk for them to grow at an alarming rate. Once the young is of age of physiological maturity, the youngling is weened from its mother's milk, then it consumes its nutrients elsewhere with a low fat intake.

Here is the main mistake in your thought process imo.

Why is the "youngling" weened off?

It's not weened off because milk is bad for him. He is just big enough now to get his proteins and fats etc. by himself from another source. And the mother can go on live her own life again and produce more offspring.

If the "youngling" could continue forever to drink it's mother's milk it would do so. Even in nature.

Now look at human beings. When we are born we consume our mother's milk to get the gains that we need in mass and nutrition. Then we are weened from our mother's milk and then.....WE ARE TO DRINK ANOTHER SPECIES MILK!!

But it tastes great!

I drank milk right straight from a goat's tits. Tasted super yummy.

I think this might be a problem for people that have lost their connection with nature because they grew up in a western civilization with no contact to a animals. People that know meat only nicely wrapped in supermarket fridges. People that are disgusted once they see a whole fried calamari. (With tentacles lol) You can continues this list ...
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I think this might be a problem for people that have lost their connection with nature because they grew up in a western civilization with no contact to a animals. People that know meat only nicely wrapped in supermarket fridges. People that are disgusted once they see a whole fried calamari. (With tentacles lol) You can continues this list ...

I believe that this right here is a the source of a lot of problems these days. People have no concept of the real source of their food.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am not only disgusted by the sight of squid, the taste nauseates me. On the whole, I prefer not to eat anything that has more limbs than I have.

- and as for calamari, battered rubber bands would have more flavour and identical texture
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    No other animal on earth has thumbs or buckets with which to harvest the milk of other animals. Other animals will drink milk if it's provided to them. Cats and dogs have been known to drink milk at my house.

We are the only species that cooks meat before we eat it - maybe we should stop doing that. Lions don't cook meat. Rocky drank raw eggs, does that sound better to you than a couple of them over easy?

We are the only species that plant, raise and harvest the plants we eat - shall we go back to foraging for all of our food?

The list goes on.

I also got a big laugh out your putting forth this idea like you came up with it all by yourself. Someone brings this up several times a week on this forum and it's been out there for years and years. So congrats on coming up with a "new" idea all on your own.

ETA: On the idea of selling human breast milk at the stores. When they start doing that I would like a job at the dairy as a milker. I'll bring my own milking stool.
    hahahahahahah

Clearly wins this thread.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Look at nature (concerning herbivores). The young is born and they get their main source of fats and nutrients from theirs mothers milk for them to grow at an alarming rate. Once the young is of age of physiological maturity, the youngling is weened from its mother's milk, then it consumes its nutrients elsewhere with a low fat intake.

It's not weened off because milk is bad for him. He is just big enough now to get his proteins and fats etc. by himself from another source. And the mother can go on live her own life again and produce more offspring.

If the "youngling" could continue forever to drink it's mother's milk it would do so. Even in nature.

Now look at human beings. When we are born we consume our mother's milk to get the gains that we need in mass and nutrition. Then we are weened from our mother's milk and then.....WE ARE TO DRINK ANOTHER SPECIES MILK!!

But it tastes great!

I love the fact that most people freak out over tentacles. MORE CALAMARI FOR ME!!!!!
  • justal313
    Options
    I am not only disgusted by the sight of squid, the taste nauseates me. On the whole, I prefer not to eat anything that has more limbs than I have.

- and as for calamari, battered rubber bands would have more flavour and identical texture

It is entriely possible to cook flavorful, tender calamari. It is nigh impossible to get it brought to your table in an american restaurant.
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    and as for calamari, battered rubber bands would have more flavour and identical texture

You clearly never ate good calamari.
  • Kaydana123
    Kaydana123 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

But it tastes great!

I love the fact that most people freak out over tentacles. MORE CALAMARI FOR ME!!!!!

I'm amazed by just how many people won't even contemplate trying them. They're the best bit!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    and as for calamari, battered rubber bands would have more flavour and identical texture

You clearly never ate good calamari.

I don't mind calamari. Dip it in some marinara sauce and you're good to go. It does kinda look like fried foreskin though. You should try freeze dried squid. That stuff will clear out a building like pepper spray.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    I rarely dip calamari in marinara. I don't want to hide the flavor.

And I've had good calamari in American restaurants - just not very often.
  • justal313
    Options
    I rarely dip calamari in marinara. I don't want to hide the flavor.

And I've had good calamari in American restaurants - just not very often.

A restaurant we go to often during lent has calamari sauteeded in olive oil with cherry peppers, banana peppers, onions and some crushed red pepper. It is SUPER YUMMY AWESOME and since my wife won't go near the tentacles, I get them all unless we go out with my brother and sister-in-law in which case I hae to fight him for the tentacles.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    That sounds like some tentacles worth fighting for.