Share your NSV (Non-Scale Victory) of the day! 11/5/12

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Got any NSV's to share this morning? :)

My daughter early this morning told me out of the blue, when I reached over to give her a hug, that my arms (bicep) are much smaller! She said my arms have shrunk so much that it doesn't even look like I have "Bat wings", anymore! She even asked me to wiggle & wave them to see if they would flap like they use to! LMBO!

It is Very motivating and inspiring for me since the scale has not moved down at all!

That is the best thing ever!
  • madworld1
    Options
    I made myself workout yesterday and felt really good. Today, I am doing the same. I did really good last week. But, my mind is playing tricks on me this week.

And big NSV--- I have not done any binge eating or night eating is several days.
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have just started adding excercise to my regimen. I joined Curves 10/25/12 and my 1st workout was 10/29/12. I have had 4 sessions and I have already lost 1" around my bust line.

Whoop!! Whoop!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Oh an did I say :bigsmile:
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My original "goal" jeans are hanging off of me. I remember when I couldn't them past my knees...

:)

But I can't afford new clothes at the moment....oh well...baggy jeans it is!
  • eberg83
    eberg83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I planned out my meals for the day ahead of time, including supper tonight when my husband takes me out to eat. I won't have time to work out tonight, so typically that means I will go overboard on calories, but not today, since I already picked the restaurant and meal!
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I now weigh what my Driving License says - I have lied for years LOL

Soon it will be lie the other way
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a sweater that I haven't worn in almost 3 years. I'm really digging all the "new" clothes I am finding in my closet.

:bigsmile:
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I was tying my hair back in a pony tail this morning to go to the gym and had to stop to admire my arms...my muscles are more defined without me having to flex hard! :)
  • krystlpierce
    krystlpierce Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a set of small scrubs for the first time in almost 3 years!
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Ran(jogged) a 10 min mile before work, I know it sounds slow but I actually did it. New goal is 7 min mile.
  • madworld1
    Options
    A professor made me feel like an idiot today because I didn't understand some of the math (I'm in Biochemistry) and now I feel like I won't be able to get any help with this stuff from him and I'm afraid for my grade (today is the first day--not a good start at ALL) and I cried on my way home from the university (prolly due in part to hormones).

But you ****ing know what I did? I came home and ran two miles in 20:39, including an under-one-minute water break at a water fountain in between the two. That's the only time I stopped or slowed down. I have never ran two miles straight in my life and I went on to do 2.5 all the way home. Then I did 25 minutes of circuit training and burned another 200 calories (500 total).

You know what I'm going to do now? Work out the math problems on my own so I don't fall behind and then spend a beautiful night with my girlfriend and my friends. I feel great now, that workout was just what I needed. No holier than thou professor is going to mess with any aspect of my life--not my grades, not my learning, and certainly not my fitness. The only thing that can stop me is me.

I feel empowered.

Awesome to hear! I channel my emotions into a good run also. Nothing like and angry run. Haha. Btw, your hair is sooo pretty. I am seriously jealous.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I planned out my meals for the day ahead of time, including supper tonight when my husband takes me out to eat. I won't have time to work out tonight, so typically that means I will go overboard on calories, but not today, since I already picked the restaurant and meal!
    That is a great one!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have made a committment to myself to NOT EAT ANY CHEESE for one week (i said it in CAPS so that i would listen to myself...lol) - - and I actually feel like I am going to succeed this time!
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    My husband asked me if I wanted sonic today. I said no. I made me a egg sandwich with avocado, tomatoes and lite cheese. It was divine!
  • SaraRT1983
    Options
    I am actually logging EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth today!!! I've been struggling with logging and working out the past few days and I'm tired of feeling so blah again (due to poor eating & no exercise)!! But I feel like I've got a good handle on things today!! So that's my NSV!! :)
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2 inches round my waist in 2 weeks!! I've never measured myself regularly before, but that's an incentive to do so! Shows I'm actually making a difference :)
  • Deb_smiles
    Deb_smiles Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am a swimmer and I bought a suit that was one size too small for me about a month ago. (I do this so I don't have to buy them so often while I am losing.) They are expensive and having them a little snug helps motivate me!

I put my suit on this morning and everything tucked into the suit where it was supposed to! YAY! Normally I have a little bulge here, a little falling out there. But NOT this morning. I am in between a size 12 and 14 now! I started at an 18! HAPPY GIRL!
  • sandra152
    Options
    I fit into my best black trousers thay are a size 14 and had to take 1inch on each side of my size 16 jeans that bought only 2 months ago
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a size 10 pants that are loose in the light and hips. Wow.
  • charmander89
    charmander89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    About 10 months ago I couldn't get an interview anywhere in my small hometown after submitting tons of applications. This week I had two interviews and was offered a job on the spot today. I 100% believe this is as a result of being more confident and looking a million times more presentable :) Can't wait till I'm actually at my goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!