TAT'S

Options

Replies

• NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am probably a bit older than most of you. I have seen what tats look like when you start sagging and the skin stretching. It is not pretty. As long as you understand that or if you don't plan on getting old,then go for it. I have to say that I never met a 70 something that says....Hey wanna see my tat? Damn I wish I had more. Just my observations....YMMV.

HpdXP.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok you found 3, I am not impressed. If you want a real response go to your local senior center. There you will find dozens of us OFs that believe as I do. 10 to 15 years from now the great medical trend will be laser tat removal.

meh you'll all be gone in the next 10 to 20 years. ost of the senior centers will look like me more and more :):)
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    This is one of mine.

2012-07-04_125132-1.jpg

I have plans for more.

I'd get that fixed. There's no depth and the shadowing is weak on it. Over all it looks kind of weak. That's just my input on it.

i doubt he wanted your opinion

Lol, I'm a girl!! But thanks, you know what they say about opinions!
    And I'm assuming that dude was trying to be sarcastic or funny.
    i actually meant she LOL sorry damn auto correct
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    I like them. I have two. My first was a thin, black tribal armband. Second is a quote on my ribs.
    I work at a bank and visable tattoos are against the dress code, but mine are fairly easy to hide.

by 2014 that is going to be illegal :) I cant wait.

Why would it be illegal? Tattoos are a choice. When you get one, you should put careful consideration into where you're putting them. I didn't tattoo my wrists thinking that it would never stop me from getting a job or that I wouldn't have to cover them up. It's all a part of the responsibility of having a tattoo. Employers shouldn't make judgments off your tattoos on what kind of person you are, but if it's dress code to cover them or to not have them visible, that's up to the people that sign your paycheck. Not the government.

because people like me are trying to pass a law that says places of employment CANNOT discriminate against personmal appearances like tattoos and peircings or any body modifications.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a few but this one is my fave. One butterfly for each of my kids. Its not done yet. Getting another butterfly for the newest baby and some more tribal. :) Tattoos are HOT!

16hncsp.jpg
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    I have a few but this one is my fave. One butterfly for each of my kids. Its not done yet. Getting another butterfly for the newest baby and some more tribal. :) Tattoos are HOT!

16hncsp.jpg

gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options

16hncsp.jpg

gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
    I AGREE!! LOVE IT :)
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have 20 very visible tattoos and I do not regret them nor will I ever regret them!! Your life, your body, your choice! It's sad how people discriminate against people with ink but their loss for not getting to know us as people before they judge. But I'm used to it, especially with a 2 year old daughter. The looks and comments i get are ridiculous but others peoples opinions don't bother me. I didn't get my tattoos for anyone but myself. And all those people who argue about how they will look when we're older.....who really cares?!?!? If you don't like them, stfu and keep it moving!! :)
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    I have 20 very visible tattoos and I do not regret them nor will I ever regret them!! Your life, your body, your choice! It's sad how people discriminate against people with ink but their loss for not getting to know us as people before they judge. But I'm used to it, especially with a 2 year old daughter. The looks and comments i get are ridiculous but others peoples opinions don't bother me. I didn't get my tattoos for anyone but myself. And all those people who argue about how they will look when we're older.....who really cares?!?!? If you don't like them, stfu and keep it moving!! :)

very well said!!!
  • ekkand
    ekkand Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I personally love tattoos. (I have 4. Two on my wrists, one on my ribs and one on my shoulder) People who try to tell you not to get tattoos are dumb. It's your body... DO AS YOU WISH!
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    I have lyrics from an Xavier Rudd song on my ribs.. I love tattoos.. id get more but I feel restricted coz I have darker skin and a lot of the stuff I want is colored.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have a very personal tattoo on my leg that is spiritual as well as honoring the military members of my family. You are still young, take it slow and make sure what ever you put on you is something you will be glad to have 10, 20, 30, 40 and more years from now. Removal is expensive. And DONT do your face. Not good for any career unless you want to be a tattoo artist.
    :wink:
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting one down the middle of my upper to mid back so as to distract my long scar from scoliosis surgery. Can scars be tattooed?
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have too many to count anymore. Mine are all original free hand and definitely have meaning. My son is the only name I have, although my husband and I have matching dragons. I work a professional job so mine can all be covered and do stay covered at work. I can't wear sleeveless due to my arm bands but short sleeves. My husband wears long sleeves all year long at work. I love people who have them and people who don't. too each their own
  • FarmGirl69
    Options
    I have one on my lower back...yes, I know it's considered a 'tramp stamp' but it was placed there so that not everyone could see it...it's only there for me. The tat has significant meaning to me as it's the nickname my Dad gave me when I was a kid and it has a deep red heart and some scroll work around it...I have considered another one, but have no clue of what at this point. To each his own tho....but I agree with everyone...make sure it's something that means something to you...it just makes it that much more special...and I also like mine because there is no one else that has a tat like mine :flowerforyou:
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have like 8, so duh yes please.
  • jeceke
    jeceke Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't have any, but I'll say that I find tattoos on a man's muscular arms, very sexy.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I havnt got one, nearly did when I was a teenager and then bottled it. Now im a RN and I have seen a number with nasty infections so do be careful, have had a few in at the hospital with reactions too so go somewhere clean and with a good reputation. There is a tatooist near where I live been in court for doing a big penis on a guys back, apparently the guy was a jerk, so the tatooist did a huge knob the guy didnt know untill he got home and showed it to his wife. The tatooist has to pay 8000 in laser removal. Anyway dont hate me just passing on my experience lol get one if you want live and let live, and dont piss off the tatooist :)
  • Littlegurl
    Littlegurl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I havnt got one, nearly did when I was a teenager and then bottled it. Now im a RN and I have seen a number with nasty infections so do be careful, have had a few in at the hospital with reactions too so go somewhere clean and with a good reputation. There is a tatooist near where I live been in court for doing a big penis on a guys back, apparently the guy was a jerk, so the tatooist did a huge knob the guy didnt know untill he got home and showed it to his wife. The tatooist has to pay 8000 in laser removal. Anyway dont hate me just passing on my experience lol get one if you want live and let live, and dont piss off the tatooist :)

Note to self, if I decide to do if, be VERY nice to the tat artist!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I am probably a bit older than most of you. I have seen what tats look like when you start sagging and the skin stretching. It is not pretty. As long as you understand that or if you don't plan on getting old,then go for it. I have to say that I never met a 70 something that says....Hey wanna see my tat? Damn I wish I had more. Just my observations....YMMV.

HpdXP.jpg

Those who would ignore the mistakes of the past are destined to repeat them.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok you found 3, I am not impressed. If you want a real response go to your local senior center. There you will find dozens of us OFs that believe as I do. 10 to 15 years from now the great medical trend will be laser tat removal.

meh you'll all be gone in the next 10 to 20 years. ost of the senior centers will look like me more and more :):)
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting one down the middle of my upper to mid back so as to distract my long scar from scoliosis surgery. Can scars be tattooed?

I am not an expert - i haven't had any tats over scars - but i've heard two things
    1) scar tissue could hurt more (tho i don't know i if i agree - i know with piercings it can, but i don't understand why it would with tats)
    2) it may not take the ink as well (however, again here i know know if i agree, my husband has been scarred via tattooing & when he gets such areas tatted over they seem to take ink just fine...)..

guess i wasn't very helpful LOL