What the EFF are the lyrics?!

Options

Replies

• knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    my 8 year old son gets the words for Taio Cruz's DYNAMITE mixed up...

original words..."I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying AYO, gotta let go..."

my son's words..." I throw my hands up in the air sometimes, saying AYO, I like mayo..."

now i can't stop laughing. his friend sings it that way too.
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    Aerosmith "Dude Looks Like a Lady" / "Do the lucky lady" - guilty as charged.. Lol
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Theres a line in a *****cat Dolls song I always thought said "I wanna have boobies"

Found out recently the lyrics actually say "I wanna have groupies"

Wait... they don't say boobies?!!? I honestly thought that was the lyric too! I was just singing that today :laugh:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I used to think that that ZZ Top song about a sleeping bag went, "slippin, slappin sleepin bag." Lol.
  • Rizabees
    Options
    I thought it said that too.
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Funny you should mention this today. My 5 yr old daughter (almost 6) just learned "One eyed one horned flying purple people eater" and she insists it's "One eyed, one horned flying purpa leapa deeter".:laugh: No matter how many times I say it for her, she tells me I'm wrong.

When I was a kid, Grease was all the rage and my older sister and her friends used to laugh at me because I thought "You're the one that I want" said "you're the women of art". Yes, I was obviously an idiot. :blushing:
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When Ricky martin's "Vida Loca" was all the rage, I used to think the first verse said: "She's into superstitions. Black cats and voo-doo dolls. I feel a premonition. That girl's gonna suck my balls". It's actually "That girl's gonna make me fall". I still like my version better.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Aerosmith "Dude Looks Like a Lady" / "Do the lucky lady" - guilty as charged.. Lol
    I thought it was "Do this funky lady..."
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    blinded by the light.....wrapped up like a douche.........lolol

Exactly! What are the words that go there anyway?! LOL

Revved up like a deuce! (as in the car)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Benny and the Jets (of course) - "She's got electric boobs, her mom has too, you know I read it in a magaziiiiine"

It's "She's got electric BOOTS, a MOHAIR SUIT" etc., etc.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Dang!!!!
    now, why'd you have to go and burst my bubble?
    it's NOT
    Reverend Blue Jeans?
    :tongue: :laugh: :wink: :blushing:
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Not a song, but an old limerick --- "Jimmy crapped corn, and I don't care".

Why should I care if Jimmy crapped corn. Maybe he shouldn't eat corn.

As someone who "crap's corn" and no longer eats it, I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. My husband thought I was hyperventilating!
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    Funny you should mention this today. My 5 yr old daughter (almost 6) just learned "One eyed one horned flying purple people eater" and she insists it's "One eyed, one horned flying purpa leapa deeter".:laugh: No matter how many times I say it for her, she tells me I'm wrong.

When I was a kid, Grease was all the rage and my older sister and her friends used to laugh at me because I thought "You're the one that I want" said "you're the women of art". Yes, I was obviously an idiot. :blushing:

when i was little i sang "one eyed, one horn, flying purple peter eater" as my mom turned blue from laughter she told me it's wrong but never told me why, i believe i was somewhere around 20 years old before we were talking about it and i ever made the conection.

also one VERY small one that i just caught about 5 minutes ago watching a lyric video was pearl jams-Black... i thought it was i know someday you'll be the star in someone elses sky..... i guess it's "the sun" not the star :noway:

ETA: typo fix
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    There's a pop rock song flavor of the week I always thought it says tombstone nintendo (like the frozen pizza brand) really it says he's too stoned nintendo. Ha.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

also one VERY small one that i just caught about 5 minutes ago watching a lyric video was pearl jams-Black... i thought it was i know someday you'll be the star in someone elses sky..... i guess it's "the sun" not the star :noway:

Hmm I just listened to the album version and a live version and I hear star. Of course, Eddie does admit to changing lyrics so it's possible there are versions that say both.
    (black is my all time number one favorite song)
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options

Hmm I just listened to the album version and a live version and I hear star. Of course, Eddie does admit to changing lyrics so it's possible there are versions that say both.

well in that case i'd say the person making the video was wrong and i'm still right hahaha
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

well in that case i'd say the person making the video was wrong and i'm still right hahaha

I found the video. Haha they aren't wrong, it sounds like sun. My live version clearly says star. When I listened again, the album version is not clear. Lol.
    I guess everyone is right.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "Round and Round" by Ratt. There is a line in that song that goes "Tightened our belts, abused ourselves". From 1984 until 2010 I thought the line was "Taco Bell" and some thing that sounded kind of like "pizza".

"Mr. Roboto". My daughter heard the song on TV and thought that the line was "I am the Martian Man". It is actually "I am the Modern Man".
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    SO MANY! Where do I begin?...

Why do Fools Fall in Love - I thought the lyrics were "and Lovers await the Birthday cake" (instead of the Break of Day)

Adele's Set Fire to the Rain - I thought the words were, "and I said BURN to the rain" (instead of I set Fire to the rain)

Another Adele - Rolling in the Deep - I KNEW it wasn't right but it sounded just like "Never had bad meat" (instead of Never had met me) and I still have to bust out singing about meat - too fun!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I heard: you got the pizzas, I got the cheese

what it said: you got the peaches, I got the cream

actually I don't understand anything def leppard sings in any of their songs