made the cauliflower crust pizza today..

Options

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the picture. I have always been extremely skeptical of this cauliflower crust nonsense, but that.... looks shockingly delicious. o_O
  • 6packb450
    Options
    I have tried this many times before, you really can't tell the difference. One word of warning... NO LEFTOVERS. Cauliflower does get more bitter the older it gets, so just eat it all!!!!
  • simplyrere
    Options
    Wow!! that's looks good. Can you share the recipe? Thanks
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    bump. yumm
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • simplyrere
    Options
    I found the recipe thanks!!
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used Western Family Mexican Blend Cheese only because that is what my grandson loves. I found a calorie count in MFP for Cauliflower Pizza Crust but I added up my own ingredients and came up with a different amount. I got ( per slice (1/8) 49.625 cal, 1.25 carb, 3.37 fat, 3.75 protien. I used also Generic spice oregano, and great value minced garlic... This if for crust only, OH and I used the whites of Real Eggs.

I put roughly 1.5 cups of cheese for topping (didn't measure because it was for a skinny kid and a few dole pinnaple chunks for his mom. But you can add your own and add that amount to the crust to figure the stats.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Did you put a lot of cheese to mask the Caulfiower taste and make it taste more like pizza? I normally eat pizza w/o cheese and lots of veggies but I feel like you would need cheese on this kind of thing? Did you find that to be true, I guess pizza w/o cheese and crust really wouldn't be pizza tho lol

haha, it'd be imitation pizza. No crust, no cheese. Just veggies, pizza sauce (another veggie) . It'd be vegetarian friendly. =)
    Actually, I've never tried homemade pizza without cheese. Or pizza in general without cheese. Can you ask restaurants to hold the cheese?? I want to try that sometime.

My mom HATES cheese, she knows if there is even on shred in a dish. She orders pizza without cheese all the time! And, it is actually pretty decent :)
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump - looks delicious!!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I am going to try this weekend!
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my kryptonite, so if this allows me to get my pizza on without killing any progress...heck ya!
  • maggie2731
    Options
    bump for later
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, I haven't checked on this post until today...I thought everyone already knew the recipe and I was the only one who didn't...here is the excact recipe

http://dailydishrecipes.com/cauliflower-pizza-crust-recipe/

I steamed a head of cauliflower for my steamer it was about 10 minutes and the cauliflower was firm but I could fork it slightly but it was not soft. I then measured out what I needed and then just kept the rest for snacks. I doubled the recipe and sprayed the baking sheet with Pam really good. It had a hint of cauliflower but not much. I could hold it in my hand without it breaking up. I asked my grandson today did he want me to make another cauliflower pizza, he stopped dead in his tracks and said "what did you say" realizing what I had said I answered him "Do you want me to make another pizza" He says "you said something else" scrambling for something to say I responded to him " I said, do you want another cotton flour pizza" he starts walking again and say "Oh, yeah I do"
    Sheesh I almost blew it....

Thank you!
  • kimr41
    kimr41 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    A lot of people like this so guess maybe I'm going to have to try
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, while copying this recipe for a friend I realized I had doubled the cauliflower but kept the rest the same, that is what gave me the larger size, the states I gave you do not reflect the extra cup of cauliflower.
  • Michelle060413
    Options
    BUMP
  • belly_buster
    belly_buster Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • heygina
    Options
    I made this one time, and my picky hubs and boy both thought it was pretty good, but also my son thought it was "weird". Haven't made it again due to it being so labor intensive.

The pizza stone helps to have it be not soggy.