OMG I crumbled and had a MacDonalds

Options

Replies

• auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are, indeed, human.

It ain't no thang! ;) Indulging is healthy-- depriving yourself of your favorite treats is a sure fire way to burn out and go off the wagon. If you enjoyed it, then who cares? Go for an extra walk and don't eat like that often. No big.

Me, I prefer to indulge at Olive Garden or on some brownies-- yours is tame by comparison. ;)
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    My friends and I are going to macdonalds tommorow lunch and I already know what to order - the unbreaded chicken salad with no dressing! Next time it happens plan what you are going to eat so you can still have a nice time with the girls but stick to your healthy lifestyle!

Good luck!
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23989o4nO1r5y4syo1_400_zps43d93b2c.gif
    Even Ronald McDonald doesn't eat McDonald's...classic drug pusher mentality "Don't get high on your own supply"
    Never seen Ronald McDonald eating Macca's.
    Log it, Move on and I mean away from McNasty Restaurants.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I just sat down to pizza. I'm not fussed. One pizza didn't get me fat and it won't stop me getting skinny :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    :) Me too! two mcdoubles AND a LARGE french fries. Yup...then I did a 656 calorie work out. :D Better luck tomorrow right?

My burger was disgustingly salty too btw - how was yours?
  • burbunya
    burbunya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lucky you ~ I went to McDonalds with my daughter this past weekend and after not having it in forever, it tasted gross to me. =(
    I can sooo relate to that!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I had MCD's today. I'm not sorry. Yum. Kept within my goal too.

This is what a healthy attitude about food looks like.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Why regret it? It sounds like you enjoyed it. Just enjoy it and move on. McDonalds every once in a while isn't going to hurt you. It's the regret that actually hurts us.

this!
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Log and move on.

I can't eat that stuff anymore, sits on my stomach, its rather disgusting to think about anymore.

I make my own burgers. Omnom.
  • Richy1892
    Options
    Go to MacDonalds, just not everyday. Try to plan your days as much as you can, however if a situation like this comes up, go for a healthier option. Fillet O Fish, and McChicken Sandwiches are better than the burgers, and balance the calories if you can.

Don't give up, it's just a treat :)
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Do you have a McCafe where you are? Sometimes I'll just have a coffee when my family are having some stuff there. It gives me something to do and it doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much. I know our McDonalds has some salads and wrap type things, I guess the best thing would be to check out their website and see nutritionally - which items would be the best ones for you to choose if the opportunity arises again.

I think a big part of the thing to resist is not actually the food, but the act of buying something and sitting down with friends to eat. So if you plan ahead, you can just choose the lower calorie/more nutritious options and not feel bad about it later. Like most people have said though, DO try not to feel too guilty. One day isn't going to hurt you too badly, just compensate elsewhere for it (maybe smaller snack or a light dinner) and then go back to normal tomorrow :)

Edit - P.S - everyone is right about it being gross after you haven't had it for a while too! My partner and I used to love Hungry Jacks (Burger King) but gave it up along with all other fast food. We caved one day and got a combo meal - and it was fairly tasteless! THEN - for the next day whenever we farted, it smelled like Hungry Jacks, lol.
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    IIFYM then shut up and enjoy
    If it doesn't - then log, enjoy and move on :laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    IIFYM then shut up and enjoy
    If it doesn't - then log, enjoy and move on :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have found that living a little from time to time means I am less likely to have a massive blow out when I reach my target weight... think about it ... why deny yourself treats especially when enjoying time with your friends... and then blow all that good work at the end.

Better to make more healthy choices 80-90% of the time and then enjoy yourself a little on a more regular basis.

Sure it might slow down the weight loss - I go to maintenance at a weekend and tend to drop maybe a half pound at a time but you know - it's still going DOWN, inches are coming OFF and I get to eat nice stuff regularly.

And your friends are important too - don't deny time enjoying food and drink with them... just log, move on and do it right the majority of the time!
  • humidex8
    humidex8 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love mcdonalds breakfasts, have them maybe once or twice a fortnight? I can't resist. Plus it's not that bad for you (I have a egg muffin cos I'm vege) but like other people have said, unless you see it as a failure and binge bc you think you already failed, or unless you eat it like everyday, I'd say don't worry!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I had a Big Mac yesterday.

Guilt free and delicious :)

(...mkay so maybe I took out all the buns....still a big mac!!!)
    I beg to differ, what's the point of a burger without a bun?

OP, don't worry about it. Once will not kill you or your diet.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    OP, I hope you have recovered from this trauma that occurred last November.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I can't believe your dumb lack of discipline, how can you go to Mcdonalds and not have it supersized. Total failure.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdHkVHqPSimSvnXSQfYc8MajKtz6mcRkJpPA8MF_3ROjXbnbyyIw
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Don't give up - get right back on track!! I have binged and it takes 2-3 days to feel better and get back to weight before binge (water weight etc) but... I get right back on program. Saw this and it helps:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?