OMG I crumbled and had a MacDonalds

Options
12346»

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Go to MacDonalds, just not everyday. Try to plan your days as much as you can, however if a situation like this comes up, go for a healthier option. Fillet O Fish, and McChicken Sandwiches are better than the burgers, and balance the calories if you can.

Don't give up, it's just a treat :)

The filet of fish is actually quite unhealthy, you are better off with chicken nuggets, or a grilled chicken wrap, or salad.
    Check out nutrition before you go and find something that fits into your plan.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/full_menu_explorer.html

knowledge is power
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food often. Work it off or plan around it. You'll be fine.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    who cares? move on. I was forced to eat at McDonalds the other day. Nothing else around where I was working and had no time to be picky. Got a grilled chicken and ate just the chicken, no bun, and stuffed my face full of fries. but it's not a big deal because it was one day, one time, still fit into my macros, and has absolutely no bearing on my health as a whole, since I eat crazy well the majority of the time.

you'll live. :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OP had McDonald's in November. We're still talking about it. I love MFP.
  • ilenelynne
    ilenelynne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't know why everone is calling this a mistake. This is our lives and we have to enjoy the way we eat and live. Why would an enjoyment of a high calorie meal be a mistake. We eat low calorie most of the time and an indulgence is part of our journey. When I allow myself to a high calorie meal - it becomes a bit of a celebration for me and then I get right back to lower calorie meals.
    You earned that meal!
  • CoachReddy
    Options

who the hell would BUMP this??
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    My friends and I are going to macdonalds tommorow lunch and I already know what to order - the unbreaded chicken salad with no dressing! Next time it happens plan what you are going to eat so you can still have a nice time with the girls but stick to your healthy lifestyle!

Good luck!

Sweet! Welcome to Revival Thursdays on MFPs. This gon be fun.

Go to McD's and have unseasoned salad with no dressing? Why not get a McDouble instead. It's on the $1 menu, has only 350 cals, and has 23 grams of protein. I go several times per week and get two McDoubles and a drink for less than $4. Easily fits in my daily cals while I surf MFP on their free wifi

edited to add: Since it's been almost 6 months, can someone stop by the OP's house and make sure she didn't die from the McDonald's?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Double Quarter Pounder with cheese and I are planning a tryst very, very soon.

Don't tell my husband. He doesn't like me to cheat.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Maybe they figured out the search feature? If so, good for them, I guess. :tongue:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Maybe they figured out the search feature? If so, good for them, I guess. :tongue:

haha good for them until they... like... responded. :tongue:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't REGRET eating something, unless it gives you food poising.
  • jeniferklingerman
    Options
    I usually order the kids meal cheeseburger for around 320 calories. Comes with a very very small fries and apple slices. I always laugh when the worker asks " for a boy or a girl?" And I also get a toy out of it!:laugh:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You ate there?!
    Seriously, why is this noteworthy? You can eat anywhere and anything you want in moderation.