So at what weight do women actually respond to a guy?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I love you, friend. You're not trying to talk to the right women.

Honestly, I seemed to get more attention when I was over 300 lbs, but it's possible that I have been so focused on myself lately that I haven't noticed. But as a single mom with a teenager, odds are that I'm just not getting out enough.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Its ALL about how you carry yourself. I'll admit I like someone who is easy on the eyes, but for me that means a really, really great smile, or sometimes, really beautiful eyes. I'll admit I've never dated a guy above 210 lbs or so (at 6'7") but no one heavier than that has ever approached me?

I'm all about humour, confidence, and personality. :-)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I just don't talk to anyone in bars, regardless of weight, height, gender, or anything else. I'm pretty mean about it too.
  • swarovski75
    swarovski75 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just don't talk to anyone in bars, regardless of weight, height, gender, or anything else. I'm pretty mean about it too.

Hmm, yeah, and that. ^^ Where are you meeting girls? Because I have been told that when I'm in bars, the *kitten* off vibe I send out is pretty unmistakeable. I don't like being approached by anyone in bars, whether they're pretty to look at or not.
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You're walking up to the wrong girls.

My advice is to make them laugh! "If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything" -Marilyn Monroe
    Seriously though, I'll be honest and say my boyfriend isn't model material but he makes me laugh even when I'm crying and I wouldn't trade him for the world.

Being a millionaire athlete worked well with her also btw ;)

Lol, good point. Just citing the source.
  • freckles_cmj
    freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
    Options

^^^ this
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Agreed too!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Hmm, yeah, and that. ^^ Where are you meeting girls? Because I have been told that when I'm in bars, the *kitten* off vibe I send out is pretty unmistakeable. I don't like being approached by anyone in bars, whether they're pretty to look at or not.

Yup. In general, I'm pretty friendly and talkative (like at my rock gym), but at bars I'm always with my friends (whom I don't get to see often) and I assume any man who approaches me in a bar is just trying to sleep with me. 99.9% of the time this is the case.

In one instance, I was mildly friendly to a guy in a bar, who then proceeded to get nasty and ask me weird questions, and I told him to go away, pretty forcefully, and he continued to harass me. Experiences like this lead me to either ignore men who approach me in the bar scene, or tell them to eff off.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    My bf is 6'1" and about 250 pounds, so he has a bit of a belly. I still find him attractive, he approached me though. It was his confidence that caught my attention. :)
  • teresa_c
    Options
    this is an interesting thread. here's my two cents. the bar/club scene...in that environment it's all about looks looks looks...women (and men) spend a bunch of time getting themselves looking good and then it's like a flock of birds displaying their plumage vying for attention...attracting it...rejecting it...confidence might work in this situation (I guess it does for birds apparently) but really the whole thing is so superficial that it's a miracle anyone gets anywhere meaningful doing it...

that being said, if you happen to find yourself in a bar that's not a meat market/mating ritual personified...try approaching a girl in a relaxed way and comment on something you noticed about her, like what's she's drinking or ask her if she's ever been there before or whatever. Frankly, I was raised to be respectful and answer if someone is talking to me...but if a guy is obviously hitting on me in a gross way or being all cocky weird, I'm going to be looking for a way out. But if someone is making friendly conversation with me, hell, I'm game. Well, I WAS game, I'm an old married woman now...
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I've always noticed a guy's personality, face, and smile over weight. It's pretty hard to tell how much some guys weigh anyhow. I totally agree with you approaching the wrong girls as well. That's just rude, immature behavior on their part.
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    for me....it got a WHOLE lot easier around 225
  • CindyJ004
    Options
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer. I dated men of all shapes and sizes, but I do have my preferences, and one of them is self confidence. I was always big in giving huge hints that I was interested with eye contact, and more eye contact, and them more eye contact.
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    My ex was about 240. I don't care at all.

You should try to meet a lady somewhere else.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    If the women you are talking to won't give you the time of day and are rude and walk away, then count your blessings because they aren't women you want to be friends with. Find better women.
  • LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options

THIS!! Its the inside that counts, anyone that cant see past the exterior is not worth your time. Let it happen when it happens hun :)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Before getting married I dated many guys of varying size and height. One of the most memorable was a Mexican man that was 6 feet tall and about 340 lbs. He had the best personality, made me laugh all the time, we had tons in common and he looked like an Aztec God! I didn't care how much he weighed because we clicked.

Oh, and I was 5'7" and 115lbs. I bet we looked like a crazy odd couple.

You need to talk to the right women.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest crushes was on an overweight guy.

Like others suggest, you might be be choosing the wrong women. Pick the girls who aren't the ones getting all the attention and you might have better luck.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don't workout to appeal to others. The only person I care about is the man in the mirror.