5'8-5'11 women before/after pics?

Options

Replies

• TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you tall girls eating?

I'm 5'9 and eating about 1700 calories on average, more if I exercise. :bigsmile:
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am giving you the right figure! If looking at my food diary for example today it says goal 1,500 food +1654 exercise -155 net 1499? This is a non exercise day so obviously not burning lots of calories .My weight has been consistent for 2 years so definitely not in the yo yo category!
  • JoanieGirl2492
    JoanieGirl2492 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to add photos but I'm 5'9" with a med/large frame. I am busty thanks to my hormonal imbalance.

SW - 250 (230 when I started MFP 5/12)
    CW - 158
    GW - Between 140-150

I eat 1200 calories a day and I just started working out once I hit 160 (about 2 weeks ago). I go 5 days a week.

You can see my pics on my profile though. I have some before/current ones.

Good luck!

:)
  • Narc_soda
    Narc_soda Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    5'8"
    start weight: 350lbs
    Cureent weight: 151.7lbs
    Goal weight: 140-150lbs

200pounddifference_zpsccb9802a.jpg

Awesome work! BUMP!
  • chollylops
    chollylops Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am giving you the right figure! If looking at my food diary for example today it says goal 1,500 food +1654 exercise -155 net 1499? This is a non exercise day so obviously not burning lots of calories .My weight has been consistent for 2 years so definitely not in the yo yo category!

My logging is not 100% - for instance I don't add drinks and measure milk etc so I know I am actually consuming more calories than i log daily I just try and use the 1500 as a guide at the moment while trying to get some weight loss moving , I don't exercise every day (3 days a week) but obviously on those days my calories are going to be less than my lazy days but over the course of a week it all averages out. My average loss has been 2lbs a week which meant the weight has come off slowly and steadily and thank goodness on the whole stayed off so not sure what your experiences are but I for one would never even consider eating a very low calorie diet - that's not life. My life is eating what I enjoy in moderation ( watch those portion sizes) and trying the majority of the time to be good, throw in some exercise to try and keep me healthy. This formula worked for me before and seems to be working again this year, as I get closer to my goal I know I will be able to add some more treats back in and hopefully continue to maintain a healthy weight for many years to come. We are all not the same and what works for one May not work for another, all these figures that are thrown at us are a GUIDE - we can't measure with precise accuracy what we are eating/ burning etc the important thing is to live your life as healthy as possible , eat well, exercise regularly and keep the alcohol down!

I have been trying to aim for around 1500 at the moment - just looked and my net varies quite a bit ( exercise days?) around the 800/900 looks average

Or netting? Good question. I'm 5'8.5" and would love to know what other (success story) tall girls eat/net too.

I'm sorry, but you should look into eating more. Netting 800 or 900 isn't healthy and will lead to yo-yo dieting, as your body deconstructs your muscles to utilize the protein and leaves you with less lean mass, which leads to lower metabolism, gaining fat and less effective dieting the next time.

Don't get me wrong--I dieted that way for years because I literally thought it was the only way to lose weight. It made me skinny-fat and made keeping fat off impossible.

I was actually just curious how many calories people are eating who are not on very low calorie diets (vlcd), because I've BTDT and now that I'm not doing VLCD any longer, I'm curious what the range is for others my height. My calorie goal is currently set to 1670 as a daily minimum (my BMR is ~1550 and I won't eat below that), but I generally eat up around 2100 on exercise days with eating back my exercise calories, and average around ~1960ish.

Others?
  • pntbttrsmomma
    pntbttrsmomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love these- very motivating!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

My logging is not 100% - for instance I don't add drinks and measure milk etc so I know I am actually consuming more calories than i log daily I just try and use the 1500 as a guide at the moment while trying to get some weight loss moving , I don't exercise every day (3 days a week) but obviously on those days my calories are going to be less than my lazy days but over the course of a week it all averages out. My average loss has been 2lbs a week which meant the weight has come off slowly and steadily and thank goodness on the whole stayed off so not sure what your experiences are but I for one would never even consider eating a very low calorie diet - that's not life. My life is eating what I enjoy in moderation ( watch those portion sizes) and trying the majority of the time to be good, throw in some exercise to try and keep me healthy. This formula worked for me before and seems to be working again this year, as I get closer to my goal I know I will be able to add some more treats back in and hopefully continue to maintain a healthy weight for many years to come. We are all not the same and what works for one May not work for another, all these figures that are thrown at us are a GUIDE - we can't measure with precise accuracy what we are eating/ burning etc the important thing is to live your life as healthy as possible , eat well, exercise regularly and keep the alcohol down!

I don't see how you say that your calories are lower when you exercise, unless you aren't eating back exercise calories. For me, it's the opposite, because I log and eat back exercise. I didn't always. Part of last year, I used TDEE-20% and log exercise as 1cal, but my exercise became too irregular, so I switched back to eating back exercise calories (and because I really like to eat--learned that about myself, lol). At the moment, my macros and hitting a daily calorie minimum is really important, because I'm trying to meet performance goals (running and weights) and to retain as much muscle as possible. Naturally, by retaining muscle, my weight loss is much, much slower than it has ever been in my entire life, because I always dieted intensely and lost loads of weight (but what I didn't know, and noone told me was that a good portion of it was muscle and not fat). I know what you mean about it being a GUIDE. Maybe another reason it's been slow for me is that I also don't weigh/measure precisely. I know it's a big no-no not to use a food scale (esp since I'm not attempting such a deep cut, to cover the sloppiness), but (1) I don't own a scale and never got around to buying one, lol, and (2) I don't want to weigh foods my whole life, so I'm trying to practice knowing what I can and cannot get away with, plus with all the detailed vlcd I did in the past, I know what's what better than your avg 1st time dieter (and deep down, I always know when I'm fudging and when the scale goes up and confirms it, I get myself back under control again eventually).

Yeah, I guess we are all different, so maybe it wasn't such a good question about calorie intake, but I see so much on this site of what people eat who are male bodybuilders or who are 5'2" or something, and I was just wondering what women who are tall like me intake. The reason I asked for "net" is because I wouldn't expect my intake to look like that of someone aggressively training for a marathon or a professional dancer, etc, so you have to take exercise calories out of the equation to make the comparison. But even so, activity levels differ.

Anyway, big CONGRATS on your success!
  • MrsRidgle
    Options
    This is great. Will return with photos also.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    **BUMP**
  • RachelBec
    RachelBec Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Am following this thread as I'm on the front end of my journey and am 5'11.5" Love the photo inspirations! Have yet to take any "before" pics myself. Doing that and taking some measurements are on my to-do list!
  • kristafriday
    Options
    I'm interested in this thread!
  • itsalrightma
    itsalrightma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    (Eek, my first post on MFP!) Anyway, just wanted to say that you ladies look SO INCREDIBLE and you all have given me so much motivation! I'm 5'10-5'11ish and have struggled with my weight my entire life, and it's so nice to see all of you tall, strong, beautiful ladies reaching your weight loss goals. Definitely inspires me to do the same!

I can't wait to finally have my own before and after pictures down the road. Congrats again to all of you! & feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • RissyJ25
    Options
    bump to read later
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

I'm 5'9 and eating about 1700 calories on average, more if I exercise. :bigsmile:

I'm 6' 183 lbs to get to 160 lbs.
    I have a fitbit and am trying to lose 1 lb a week.
    The MFP goal is 1860 before any exercise. Usually I can eat 2000-2100 cals if not more on an average day (I have a fairly active job)
  • FrankieFrench1
    FrankieFrench1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Im 5'10 At my Heavist in May 2010 @ 186lbs fz3tae.jpg. Dieted down to 145lbs September 2012 2m85ag7.jpg then get ill and lost a ton of weight summer 2013 110lbs iyzpxl.jpg sadly this is isn't my lowest weight and I'm now siting at 106lbs and working on gaining at the moment.
  • jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I'll be lurking for motivation!
  • Ennielyn
    Ennielyn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look absolutely stunning! Nicely done!!!
    Hey I'll bite with this!

SW: about 300 (let's just say I avoided a scale like a plague lol)
    CW: 173

I have a "large frame" very wide hips (I doubt I'd ever be smaller than an 8, and im barely a 10 now) and shoulders.

I'm hoping to be down another 13 pounds... but dang it's hard at this point! :sad: Would also like my chest back... lol.

beforegroup-1.jpg

Forgot to mention I'm 5'11"
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I'm 6' 183 lbs to get to 160 lbs.
    I have a fitbit and am trying to lose 1 lb a week.
    The MFP goal is 1860 before any exercise. Usually I can eat 2000-2100 cals if not more on an average day (I have a fairly active job)

I am 5'11 starting weight was 186 (as of Jan.1 2014) I workout six days a week and consume at least a gallon of water every day. I eat about 1,250 calories and no more. To lose weight you need to burn at least 500 calories a day. This was direction from my trainer and I have already lost 10 pounds in a month.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!