Is it considered cheating?

Replies

• But wait.. why were you going through her phone??
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't necessarily see it as cheating. I believe she made a poor decision after a night of drinking. Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't do it maliciously.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Have you tried making out with your buddy to see if it makes her feel uncomfortable?

:laugh:
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Yes that is cheating....if she didn't think it was a big deal she would have told you. Obviously, she knew it was something she shouldn't have done and that's why she kept it a secret.
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    I think it's cheating...sex does not matter
  • comogirl
    comogirl Posts: 154 Member
    I agree that if you werent ok with it then it shouldnt have happened, but if you two hadnt discussed it then how was she to know you felt that way. Just saying she may not have realized it would bother you and if she had known she might not have done it.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't necessarily see it as cheating. I believe she made a poor decision after a night of drinking. Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't do it maliciously.
    I think it's a slippery slope.

So he's there with her and her friend and he thinks "man that's nice" and if it makes him uncomfortable, talks to her about it later.

Where she messed up is hiding it, doing it away from him, and making the weirdo find it on her phone.
    WHO SEARCHES PHONES?
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    If you're not in an open relationship and she was with another person of either gender then yes, it's cheating!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    3 some is the only way to fix this.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Yeah I dont go through girls phones anymore, if i am looking for it, i find it haha.

But then again thats a good thing.

Or not...
  • kjjm08
    kjjm08 Posts: 217 Member
    In my book, it's cheating. If you had a friend that was a girl, got drunk and made out with her - she would have been hurt and you would have cheated in her mind.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member

Would that excuse fly if you told your girlfriend you made out with a girl on a drunken outing, but it was only a mistake?
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member

So if she made out with a guy it would be ok...?
  • YoungDoc2B

Would that excuse fly if you told your girlfriend you made out with a girl on a drunken outing, but it was only a mistake?

I don't drink. Nice try, though
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member

Drunk or not it's still cheating....Being drunk is no excuse....
  • YoungDoc2B

So if she made out with a guy it would be ok...?

Nope. I never said it was ok for her to make out with a girl, either. It's not. I'm simply saying that people sometimes may have a momentary lapse of judgment; things happen. A kiss is totally forgivable, especially when there's no feelings involved.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,079 Member
    if your SO wouldn't approve than don't do it it is cheating.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    If she was trying to hide it from you, then I would say yes for sure.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member

I'm with you.

But if the OP doesn't accept her excuses (I think she was only having fun, not thinking or feeling serious) he is well within his right to dump her.

I think it's a little harsh and even immature on his part though.

This 'friend' of hers is clearly no danger to the relationship - as long as your girl is hetero.

Most people experiment, if you can't/ won't give her the freedom then you should break up as it shows that you're not compatible.
  • YoungDoc2B

I'm with you.

But if the OP doesn't accept her excuses (I think she was only having fun, not thinking or feeling serious) he is well within his right to dump her.

I think it's a little harsh and even immature on his part though.

This 'friend' of hers is clearly no danger to the relationship - as long as your girl is hetero.

Most people experiment, if you can't/ won't give her the freedom then you should break up as it shows that you're not compatible.

That's what I'm saying, her friend is of NO threat to the relationship. OP's girlfriend is clearly hetero, else she would not be in a relationship with the OP. Being on a college campus, I see this type of thing all the time... Girls making out with their "girlfriends" and such, just having a good time. I think you'd have to be really insecure within yourself to break up over something so petty.