Work out EVERY day till December Challenge!

Options
I need to get back into working out, do you? I'm challenging myself to work out every damn day till December to get myself into gear. You can start any time but the best time would be RIGHT NOW :) Come check in every day to say what you did for exercise.

Anyone else want in?

Replies

• HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    So far today I've run 30 min. on the treadmill.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I like to take rest days, sometimes too many rest days though ;) so I will aim to do some kind of exercise 6 days a week until December.

Today I walked for 41 minutes with my parents at an average speed of 2.8 mph.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I've worked out most days for nearly 9 years. Most days I am active multiple times a day, and I only really have a full day off of everything maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

I am a dance instructor so I might have very intense cardio all the way down to practically nothing (if I'm coaching a couple and just standing there or demonstrating). I also teach spin (intense cardio), and do cycling (varies from easy cardio recovery ride to intense using cadence or hill climbs), powerlifting (intense strength training), and paddleboarding (light intensity in a lagoon up to very intense in the ocean with big swells).

Today:

1. powerlifting (stronglifts 5 x 5) - about an hour including warm up and stretching - intense strength training (over 100 lbs)
    2. taught individual salsa dance lesson (45 minutes) - intense cardio

Later this afternoon / evening:

3. teach individual general ballroom lesson (waltz, foxtrot, cha-cha--45 minutes) - very light cardio
    4. teach group beginner and intermediate salsa lessons (2 hours total) - moderate cardio

Tomorrow I will just have a 45 minute dance session with my partner (probably moderate cardio) and a 45 minute spin class.

It really varies for me every day, and I think that is the key to keeping at something every day without overdoing -- alternate your intensities.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I'm in! I ran stairs at the park and walked to work and back for a total of 80 minutes today.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Guess won't make the cut. I'm a 5 day per week type. I need the weekends to recover.
    I don't count yard work or coaching soccer/basketball on weekends as exercise anyway.
  • HartJames
    Options
    Exercise every day doesn't have to mean killing yourself at the gym for 1+ hours. It. can mean that you take a walk, run the stairs at work or do 100 sit-ups on your "rest day" ya know? I used to do so much better when I worked out daily a few years ago..
  • HartJames
    Options
    Knock-know.....anyone else?
  • cmecme
    cmecme Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

I was (and need to start again) doing daily mini challenge during the week.

I would love to count my tailgate 16 ounce curls on the weekends but think that's pushing it : ) - So weekends I will need to step it up a bit before footballs starts -- RTR
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    No way, man. Rest days are good for me!
  • fabrah80
    fabrah80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh woooow, i like this challenge
    Everyday till december????
    okkaaaay people, lets do this.
    That will be tought though.
  • fabrah80
    Options
    if i could just loose 13 lbs..mmmmm
  • fabrah80
    Options
    ok, that helps, sooo just squats and seats ups count?
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm in.....finally have gotten to the point that my day does not feel right without at least a quick run in the morning, but this feeling is new so I think that I need to keep pushing to make sure that it sticks :wink:

I plan at least a 20 mins run everyday with body weight exercises.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Oops
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Walked for 40 minutes with my parents and husband at an average speed of 3.0 mph.
  • brenperez18
    brenperez18 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Today I danced for about 20 minutes ☺
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! Even if I take a rest day, I will STILL do SOME type of physical activity! It doesn't mean doing an hour long kick-my-a** workout, just move around for at least 30 minutes. Lets DO this!
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    jogging 30 min :heart:
  • shannysgirl
    Options
    okay, I'm in.

Today I ran 2 miles