Work out EVERY day till December Challenge!

Options

Replies

• thistimevictory
    Options
    11-Nov
    very short workout... 30 sec jumping jacks, 30 sec crunches, 30 sec plank, 30 sec squats, 60 sec alternate lunges, 60 sec side kicks, 30 sec flutter kick squats, 1 min donkey kicks.

I actually had no time today :( but I just did this before going to bed.. its 2.50 a.m. here. so good night :)
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    Haven't been well this week so haven't been on MFP much and have been much less active as have spent a lot more time in bed.

Saturday: Bowled with hubby and another couple for about half an hour

Sunday: Walked with parents and hubby
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Completed another 8.5 km's with the dogs this morning. Will be bowling tonight as well. Also going to attempt some pilates this afternoon, need to work more on my core.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm usually a 5 day workout kinda person but I have been coincidentally working out everyday this month, and was planning on doing so anyway whether its a light cardio/ biking day 1-2 x's per week. My other challenge 60 miles running this month, so far 33.5 :) good luck all!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Depending on the nature of your exercise rest days could be crucial to getting your results. Muscles are not built during workouts, they're built during rest, and certain types of workouts require that your muscles get as much as 72 hours rest before the next workout. I think this could only be an option for people whose workouts primarily revolve around light-moderate cardio.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'm in. Wednesday I only did two 15 min low impact aerobic sessions on my breaks at work. Yesterday I had the day off so I did the pushups, bench dips, and 2 Turbo Fire DVDs (HIIT in the morning and Cardio in the evening).

Friday, 11/9 workout: 30 min aerobics, 15 min calisthenics (600 sqats - 100 per set - no weight).

Saturday, 11/10 - 30 min aerobics (Turbo Fire), pushups and bench dips.

Sunday - nothing :cry: Unfortunately, an allergy attack made working out ill advised yesterday. I'm still a little stuffy but hoping to at least get a light workout in today.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    Depending on the nature of your exercise rest days could be crucial to getting your results. Muscles are not built during workouts, they're built during rest, and certain types of workouts require that your muscles get as much as 72 hours rest before the next workout. I think this could only be an option for people whose workouts primarily revolve around light-moderate cardio.

Eh, construction workers and others that require heavy muscle use on the job do it every day and their muscles don't waste away.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I did a cardio and strength exercise video for 34 minutes and walked for 60 minutes at 3mph today - total 94 mins.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'm in. Wednesday I only did two 15 min low impact aerobic sessions on my breaks at work. Yesterday I had the day off so I did the pushups, bench dips, and 2 Turbo Fire DVDs (HIIT in the morning and Cardio in the evening).

Friday, 11/9 workout: 30 min aerobics, 15 min calisthenics (600 sqats - 100 per set - no weight).

Saturday, 11/10 - 30 min aerobics (Turbo Fire), pushups and bench dips.

Sunday - nothing :cry: Unfortunately, an allergy attack made working out ill advised yesterday. I'm still a little stuffy but hoping to at least get a light workout in today.

Monday - 11/12 - 30 min of low impact aerobics.
  • JLCC27
    Options
    day 2
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Climbed 108 stories on this hill I live by and started my 100 push up challenge 61 minutes total!
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So far so good - well over 10k daily steps on the pedometer since I joined the challenge. Sunday's steps included about 30 minutes of elliptical, yesterday's included some jogging. I've walked over 2 miles so far today and will do more this evening - either walking or elliptical work.
    I'm also trying to be more consistent with strength training - I did some Sunday and hopefully will remember to do some more tonight.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Light day of Pilates, my body is asking for a break from the running (and so are the dogs).
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I missed a day >:(

Back on it though!

Great work everyone!
  • HartJames
    Options
    God this is driving me batty. Are your arms that you worked out yesterday not resting while you are doing legs today! Exactly.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    How ironic that the two people screaming the loudest about how you don't need a rest day and it's so great and wonderful to work out every day failed in the first six days. You guys couldn't even make it one week. That should be evidence enough to support that one rest day a week is a good idea.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i thought you were supposed to take rest days :s i get exhausted and it really effects my workouts if i workout every day
  • HartJames
    Options
    I skipped a day because I had to take a test that required I don't exercise 24/hrs beforehand. And? You clearly don't understand the concept so why are you here? It looks like trolling.....
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm in! I've been doing a 15 minute work out I found on Dr Oz's website. It's a Shaun T beginners workout (the Insanity guy) and I've done it daily for 5 days and I walk 3 miles every day at lunch. I just started this all last week (dieting also) so I like this challenge!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You clearly don't understand the concept so why are you here?
    Killing time.