Work out EVERY day till December Challenge!

Options

Replies

• claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked for 20 minutes at 3mph. Today I did 42 minutes of Jillian Michaels circuits off youtube in my office during lunch! This was an idea I got from MFP.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    To anyone picking this challenge apart and throwing negativity around- I'm not sure why you're here unless it's your goal to start *kitten*? You don't get it then move on.

Anyhoozle, I had been working out 4-5 days a week, typically take Sun./Mon. off as I work 24hrs. during those 2 days. I have been super busy with a new house, stressful IVF and my 3 jobs so it's all too easy to tell myself I'm too tired/sore/sick and that I'll get to it another day. EVERY day elimates that excuse for me. One way or another I'm fitting a workout in. If that means running the stairs at work and crunches on the floor then so be it.

Today did a killer total body boot camp class. Hope everyone on board got theirs in!
    Every single day? Your body needs rest and time to recover at some point.

No it doesn't. For millions of years humans have been active every single day. Our bodies do not require sedentary days to be healthy.
    Since when does "rest day" mean sedentary? My rest day is Sunday, I am hardly sedentary while I'm cooking, cleaning the bathrooms, doing laundry, scrubbing and vacuuming the floors, and doing the dishes. I guess for people who log cooking and cleaning as cardio there's no such thing as a rest day, but to me "rest day" means I don't do a workout.
    I'm not going argue semanics of "rest". If you want to call scrubbing, vacuuming, etc. "rest" I don't care.
    Well I'm sure not going to call it a workout; it's a normal part of life that almost everyone does. If you didn't want to argue "semanics" then maybe you shouldn't have equated resting with being sedentary. If sedentary is what you think of as a rest day, I see no reason to pledge to "work out" every day since that's what you've all been doing this entire time, unless you've previously spent entire days just sitting.

Regardless, people who make an effort to exercise above and beyond what is normal activity in every day life benefit from a rest day both mentally and physically.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    To anyone picking this challenge apart and throwing negativity around- I'm not sure why you're here unless it's your goal to start *kitten*? You don't get it then move on.

I would like to apologize for being part of hijacking your thread.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    It's all good

Peace, love & exercise!
  • shannysgirl
    Options
    I went to Crossfit today and the workout was "Helen"

3 rounds as fast as you can of:

400 m run
    21 kettle bell swings (I used 15lbs)
    12 pull-ups (I am super weak so I use the highest resistance band for assistance)

There was also an "after party" workout immediately after which was as many rounds as possible in 5 min. of:

5 sit-ups
    10 elbows to knees in plank position
    15 Russian twists with weight (I used a 10 lb dumbell)

Tomorrow I am going to recover by doing something light like walking or yoga because I'm supposed to run a 5k on Sunday. I will have to see how sore I am tomorrow to see if that's gonna happen! lol
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Completed 10km of intervals this morning.
  • thistimevictory
    Options
    10-Nov
    JMBR workout 1 for 30 min

Today I only worked out for 30 minutes and couldn't even fit in my sun salutations but I am happy that something is getting done :)
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did 1 hour yesterday. Had an exam this morning so was busy revising instead of doing my workout, then went for food and cinema in the afternoon. Promise I'll be back on track tomorrow. Happy thoughts everyone!
  • BeckyM03
    BeckyM03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have exercised everyday for 2 months but sometimes i just need some motivation.. I woudl love to join you all and keep it up :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but I'm in. Wednesday I only did two 15 min low impact aerobic sessions on my breaks at work. Yesterday I had the day off so I did the pushups, bench dips, and 2 Turbo Fire DVDs (HIIT in the morning and Cardio in the evening).

Friday, 11/9 workout: 30 min aerobics, 15 min calisthenics (600 sqats - 100 per set - no weight).

Saturday, 11/10 - 30 min aerobics (Turbo Fire), pushups and bench dips.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    10km run with the pups this morning.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have just read this post & would like too join you all.
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in! Great idea for a challenge -- I have 3 lbs to go to hit my goal weight; hopefully this will help me get there.
    My personal definition of working out every day is getting in at least 10K steps on my fitbit. Some days those 10K of steps are more intense than others.
    I'm about halfway there today -- I went for a 2 mile brisk walk earlier. I'm planning to get some time in on the elliptical machine this afternoon.
  • lrd00002
    Options
    I'm up for this!! x
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don’t work out on Sundays, but do walk even then. So I am in, and hopefully would be able to stick to this.
  • terrialeep
    terrialeep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think your challenge is exactly what I need. I hope someone thinks of something like it for December.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I just got my Slim in 6 dvds in the mail! It is a cardio and resistance program from Beachbody. Yesterday I did the first dvd for 34 minutes. This morning I did the second dvd for 55 minutes.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in! Starting today, Nov. 11th.
    I ride horses, so I'm hoping on my "rest days" I can still ride.
    Especially because the horse I ride IS a workout. I've never ridden him without sweating afterwards or breathing hard. He's got a LOT of power!

Today I plan on going for a run outside- this'll probably be the last day I can do it.
    Every other day, I want to ride, run on the treadmill (I'm a whoose when it comes to running outside in the cold), or do Jillian's ripped in 30.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

If anyone wants some extra support, feel free to friend me :)
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi, hope everyone is getting on well!

I trained for the first time on a Friday ever!! so im on track for sure.

today I did some old bodyrock tv challenge then a bit of weights afterwards. trying to build up my strength so I can get on to heavy weights again.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Walked outside for 1 hour today then came home and made a Christmas cake!