Wrong Names??

123457»

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    My name is Michael. I think it's easy enough to pronounce, but the other day, on the soccer pitch, someone pronounced it assh0le.
  • I don't know if I talk like a man or what, but on the phone people tend to call me Johnny instead of Jenny. *shrug*
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    my name is Gretchen and if someone has met me but can't remember my name, sometimes they call me Heidi (which I don't mind) or - GERTRUDE (which makes me vomit in my mouth a little ...). :sick:
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    My married name is also exotic (Kwatra) and if I type it in Word, one of the options in Spell Check is Kmart.
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    I am "Lukas" with a K, and not a C. Without fail my name is spelled wrong whenever I speak to anyone or have to check myself in somewhere.
  • Beckycm1971
    Beckycm1971 Posts: 40 Member
    My daughters name is Kaytlynn. She is constantly called Kathleen. I don't get it, where to they come up with the "TH" part?

I have two last names, separated by a space. People do all kinds of things with it, add the hyphen, cut off one name or the other, or split one or the other name in half. I am constantly on the phone or at an office going through the whole routine of possibilities for where they might find it.

Oh and since the first of my last name is Carney, people always hear Connie, so they think I'm giving them my first and last name when I'm just giving them my last name. Or they will be looking up Connie instead of Rebecca if needing my first and last.
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    My name is Erin and I get the same thing! I thought it was just maybe me mumbling or saying my name too quickly. I've corrected so many people....My name is Erin, not Anne!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    I use to work with a guy named Fernando, but when he first transferred to my office I couldn't remember his name. I called him Frank, knowing I was wrong, but he didn't mind and it became his office nickname.

Also, I have a friend named April, but she gets Ava an offal lot.
  • jujulamb
    jujulamb Posts: 195
    My name is Shantel and it is more often spelled wrong by other peopl than anything..Chauntell Shawntelle Chantal Chantell
    I often get called Shanelle
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    My name is Janet, bbut you can call me Ms. Jackson if you're nasty.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    My names Genevieve, it even has an accent which i think puts people off. It's a french name and even to spell it phonetically doesn't help people pronounce it correctly.
    Starbucks employees also hate it as they just can't figure out the spelling, its either Jenevieve, Jenvieve, Jeneve. or my favourite, Jennifer.
    Then I kick myself why i didn't give them my nick name which is shorter but apparently just as hard to pronounce? Ginny, not Jenny or Genny. It's Gin-ie. Not too difficult haha

I named my daughter Genevieve (no accent, though). This year she started French immersion, so the teacher has no problem with her name! We usually use the Jen-uh-veev pronunciation, but some times the more French Zhawn-vee-evv if I feel like it.

She goes by Gen a lot, especially with friends who can't spell.
  • My name is Christina. I have been called Christine (the most common, and I hate this one!), Kristen, Christian, Kristy, Krista, etc...

My oldest son's name is AJ, and I love when people ask me to spell it for them! LOL!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    My name is Elle... just like the letter, magazine and character in Legally Blonde. I was at a Starbucks in D.C. and despite saying my name three times AND saying 'like the letter' my latte had 'Owl' written on the cup. Owl.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I never, ever, ever mess up on people's names.

Ever.

Unless your name is Tanya (pronounced TAN-ya, not TAWN-ya). Then I might mess up.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,307 Member
    I have to spell my name Every. Time.

It's not even a hard name. Snowflake. See. How hard is that?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    I have to spell my name Every. Time.

It's not even a hard name. Snowflake. See. How hard is that?

It's the Special surname that confuses me.
  • whitneyps7
    whitneyps7 Posts: 409 Member
    mynames whitney but people on the phone usually think i say wiggy???? idk who the hell would name their kid that but thank god my name really isnt wiggy!!!