• skopp18
    Options
    SUGAR is much WORSE than Fat

This.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Sugar is much worse.

Your body needs fat for brain function, cell renewal, and satiety. As long as the majority of fats that you're eating are the healthy ones :).

Your body doesn't need sugar for anything. Most of what you eat is converted into glucose, and sugar is already glucose, hence why it makes your blood sugar spike; your body doesn't need much energy to digest it.

Also, if you're prone to binges, healthy fats tends to help ward off the urge :)

Are you sure your body doesn't need sugar for anything?

Not unless you're doing a marathon or something and need immediate energy! Carbs are sugar, just a more complex form. You don't need the literal, simple sugar for every day life is all i'm saying :)

So you'd be perfectly fine with a blood glucose level of 0?

Way to take my words and twist them into meaning something else. And I thought I was the journalist here.
    Your body converts a huge percentage of what you eat into glucose. So your body CONVERTS IT INTO SUGAR ITSELF. You don't need to eat literal sugar. It's adorable that you're trolling and trying to start fights though.

"Your body doesn't need sugar for anything"

So who is twisting words, what does that mean exactly, either your body does or does not need sugar.

^^^ truth...where as fat is needed for hormone function dietary carbohydrates are not necessary... so the answer is fat is more important to eat, but both sugar and fat are good for you.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sugar is much worse.

Your body needs fat for brain function, cell renewal, and satiety. As long as the majority of fats that you're eating are the healthy ones :).

Your body doesn't need sugar for anything. Most of what you eat is converted into glucose, and sugar is already glucose, hence why it makes your blood sugar spike; your body doesn't need much energy to digest it.

Also, if you're prone to binges, healthy fats tends to help ward off the urge :)

Not unless you're doing a marathon or something and need immediate energy! Carbs are sugar, just a more complex form. You don't need the literal, simple sugar for every day life is all i'm saying :)

Way to take my words and twist them into meaning something else. And I thought I was the journalist here.
    Your body converts a huge percentage of what you eat into glucose. So your body CONVERTS IT INTO SUGAR ITSELF. You don't need to eat literal sugar. It's adorable that you're trolling and trying to start fights though.

So who is twisting words, what does that mean exactly, either your body does or does not need sugar.

Wow.

You know, there are a lot of ways to disagree with someone and you seem to consistently do it an antagonistic and condescending way.

Congratulations
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I can easily go over on my sugar just by eating 2 fruits in a day but fruit is supposed to be good for you right? It's so confusing!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    One cannot answer this question correctly without context.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. What it does to your body physiologically is much worse than fat. Both should be eaten in moderation, but sugar will spike you insulin. When your insulin spikes your body goes into fat storing mode and usually around your middle. Fat does not affect insulin like sugar does. It can add to your stores if eaten in large doses because your body can only process a certain amount of it at one time. So I would choose the protein shake over the yogurt. Start looking for other sugar alternatives. I use stevia and love it!
    good luck
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Completely agree. What it does to your body physiologically is much worse than fat. Both should be eaten in moderation, but sugar will spike you insulin. When your insulin spikes your body goes into fat storing mode and usually around your middle. Fat does not affect insulin like sugar does. It can add to your stores if eaten in large doses because your body can only process a certain amount of it at one time. So I would choose the protein shake over the yogurt. Start looking for other sugar alternatives. I use stevia and love it!
    good luck

How do you store fat if you are in a calorie deficit?
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    good luck

If the calorie deficit is low enough your body will go into starvation mode. In this mode it will begin to store intake foods as fat anticipating the potential long term starvation. Also, when consuming high sugar foods (be the sugars in simple carbs or in raw sugar forms) it will spike insulin. At this point the body goes into a hormonal response by releasing hormones to lower the insulin. These hormones are the ones responsible for storing your food in fat stores. Basically even though there is a deficit you can still be creating fat stores. There are two types of fat and each is used differently when the body is burning fat as fuel. Without getting too scientific, this is the best I can do...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hilarious thread
    :laugh:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Sugar is much worse.

Wow.

You know, there are a lot of ways to disagree with someone and you seem to consistently do it an antagonistic and condescending way.

Congratulations

what just happened?

the human body must use sugar for something right? or is it like corn?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    good luck

If the calorie deficit is low enough your body will go into starvation mode. In this mode it will begin to store intake foods as fat anticipating the potential long term starvation. Also, when consuming high sugar foods (be the sugars in simple carbs or in raw sugar forms) it will spike insulin. At this point the body goes into a hormonal response by releasing hormones to lower the insulin. These hormones are the ones responsible for storing your food in fat stores. Basically even though there is a deficit you can still be creating fat stores. There are two types of fat and each is used differently when the body is burning fat as fuel. Without getting too scientific, this is the best I can do...

At what level of deficit do you start storing sugar as fat?

I ask because it is just not true.

What are the two types of fat that you refer to?
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    "I just knew as soon as I walked in, that it was going to be a fiasco"

here comes the starvation mode debate after the WTF does sugar do again argument... stay tuned for more.
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Moderate amounts of fat are actually good and necessary. Fats are one of the signals that the body looks for, so you feel like you have eaten enough. Sugar either gets used or stored and does nothing for appetite satisfaction. There is a really informative book called 'The Perfect 10 Diet' by Michael Aziz. I don't agree with everything he has to say. There is a lot that does make sense though. Get your sugar in the morning and moderate amounts of fat with each meal. Just my two cents worth.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    They are both delicious.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    good luck

That protein shake will spike your insulinz as well, so if the point is to avoid insulin spikes, a protein shake is a horrible alternative
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    good luck

That protein shake will spike your insulinz as well, so if the point is to avoid insulin spikes, a protein shake is a horrible alternative

Listen up meaniepants, stop being correct.

(and he is correct by the way).
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Diing Dong Round TWO
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    you are supposed to get you're greek yoghurt and then you add the protein powder to it.
  • Me88881234
    Options
    Your body also needs sugar for brain function. Your brain cannot run on fat, it MUST have sugar to function.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Sugar is much worse.

This. Sugar < anything. Lol.