which is worse, fat or sugar?

Options

Replies

• PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    if sugar was your mom and fat was your dad, which side would you choose in a divorce?

Don`t make me choose! :sad:

Ha ha.............in this case and most every case, I would choose my dad. Fat is way better than sugar for consumption.

Fat allows me to eat less, keeps my blood sugar stable and well tastes much better.

Sugar makes me mentally unstable and plain old crazy, plus keeps you hungry from the roller coaster ride.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    what if it was like the end of the good son with sugar as macauly culkan and fat is elijah wood?

good_son.JPG
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Fat is better for you. The only thing low fat diets are good for is increased sales of anti-depressants and statin drugs.
    Your brain needs fat to function properly. And you need fat to maintain a good cholesterol balance.
    When I lowered carbs and raised fat intake, my blood glucose and A!C came back down to normal and my cholesterol and triglycerides dropped 30% in less than 8 months.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder for all new parents out there that children need fat for brain development. :)
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sugar is the killer. Ask anyone who advocates eating clean. That is the first thing that has to go!
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    What is glucose?

A type of monosaccharide. The others are fructose, ribose, galactose, and xylose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucose

Consider it another way of saying sugar.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Your body also needs sugar for brain function. Your brain cannot run on fat, it MUST have sugar to function.

qft
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    if sugar was your mom and fat was your dad, which side would you choose in a divorce?

I choose joint custody because what about cake?
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sugar always stimulates my appetite...fat seems to curve my appetite...So I try to avoid sugar.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg

So much misinformation in this thread, it's like Gary Taubes and Robert Listig are having an orgy...

Neither is worse. Neither is better. They both have their places in a diet.

And tracking sugar while tracking carbs also is silly. Do you also track every single type of fatty acid you eat? Or every amino? Or every oligosaccharide? Sugar is a carb. If carbs are in check , then sugar is in check.

Keep it simple.

As for the whole "your body doesn't need sugar" silliness, your brain and your muscles run on glucose. Most of what you eat is NOT converted to glucose. It's difficult for the body to create hormones out of fatty acids if it turns them into glucose first... Or to build muscle and create enzymes out of amino acids if it converts those into glucose first... What does that leave? Carbs getting turned into glucose, of course, the way we evolved to function. Humans evolved eating a high carb (50%) diet. While there is the rare exception (Inuits,) high carb holds true across all civilizations, through all time periods.

This whole "carbs are bad" fad is just as silly as the "fat is bad" fad from the 80's and 90's.
    Thank-you
  • nikilis
    Options
    Sugar is the killer. Ask anyone who advocates eating clean. That is the first thing that has to go!

I'm so tired of hearing the words "eating clean" wtf does it really mean?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

If sugar was a killer, then the human race would have died out long ago. Did you know that sugar is glucose?
  • nikilis
    Options

I choose joint custody because what about cake?

eggzactly
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Sugar always stimulates my appetite...fat seems to curve my appetite...So I try to avoid sugar.

Interesting. I like to be sure to get cabrs *with* my fats, along with some protein. It keeps me satiated.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

So, 'clean' eaters do not eat fruit?
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

It means the speaker is anal-retentive when it comes to eating. :laugh:
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    good fats are good for you. In moderation...
    Sugar is best limit more than fats.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    sugar is much worse than fat, except for transfat , thats just as bad , fats from good sources like avocados, nuts, meats, olive oil, coconut oils are really good.
  • nikilis
    Options

It means the speaker is anal-retentive when it comes to eating. :laugh:

I just saw a show on rawists, one drank her pee every morning, one did enemas like every day and the third was a bit of a lunatic.

they all were. like "I can smell cheese and bread and meat in someone skin", if you could smell that well, all you would smell is poop in their bowel. they all think eating cooked food will kill you.

so yah, this clean thing to me sounds like bs to me. maybe I should google it. lol.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am pretty much in agreement with the majority here....sugar is much worse than fat IMO..