Replies

• starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats! That's great!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Congrats! (See, I say that because if it's true, which I believe it is if you have a high starting weight as you stated, then you deserve recognition and if it's not true, congratulating you doesn't hurt me anyways.)

To everyone saying that they workout more and eat less and "only" lose a couple of pounds, I wonder: are you starting out at 364 pounds, with 164 pounds to lose? Working out a few times per week (even just walking at a pretty moderate pace for an hour burns 720-750 calories at his weight) and eating 1500-2500 calories per day is probably a dramatic difference from what the OP was doing to gain all of that weight. And to the "pics or it didn't happen" people, do you really think 39 pounds out of 164 to lose is going to show you the dramatic results you're looking for as proof? OP, I don't mean to offend you while I defend you, of course, and i'm sorry if I have. I mean no disrespect. Believe me when I say my mom would smack me upside the head if she found me to be disrespectful.

Why comment your doubts and engage in a debate with someone (a real human being with feelings and goals) who could be sincere? There are other places to be skeptical internet people. Coming to the success forum to wave your doubt flag in the face of someone who achieved a personal victory is in poor taste. Take your need to debate everything you read elsewhere.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love it!! The further you are from your goal weight, the easier it is to lose the weight quickly!! Congrats!!!!
  • geniamoody
    Options
    Great Job! Stay positive and keep doing what you're doing! Negativity is probably what probably contributed to your weight gain. I drown out the negative voices on the treadmill. For every person that doesn't say something positive about my weight loss, I imagine I'm STOMPING on them while running. Not only do I run faster and longer, but it helps me maintain my weight. Be proud of what you have accomplished. You're doing great!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Wow...This post is like a year old, lol. thebowhunter's more recent success post is here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089688-my-transformation-w-pics-168-lbs-gone

OffTheRails....I don't know how much you have to lose, but I think it would be damn near impossible to lose weight like this unless you are morbidly obese or extremely close. =/ thebowhunter lost 182lbs total (at least that's what his ticker says), if you ONLY have 39 lbs to lose...it's not going to come off that quickly.
  • bhislop777
    Options
    everybody always says check with your physician I call honky duty on that doctors don't know everything and they are so quick to prescribe drugs you know your body and if you feel healthy doing what you're doing keep doing it do what works for you and if you feel good feel healthy checking with your physician is not the answer to your overall health you're the only person I can control that not your doctor a lot of people these days are finding out that natural medicine is more beneficial than going to the doctor. a lot of people are so quick to run to the doctor for every little thing and that is not the answer
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I believe it. I started 10/14 I eat about 1800 clean calories a day and the occasional treat. I work out 6 days a week for an hour doing 30 minutes cardio then 30 min on weights. I started at 319.2 and as of today I am 285.2. That is 34lbs in roughly 5.5 weeks. People loose at different rates and everyone's body takes it differently.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I think that's awesome... wtg...
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    If you have a lot of weight to lose, that would work just fine. For those of you who think this is a lie, it's because you guys are a lot slimmer than this person. Great job to you, and I'm proud of you. I have been limiting my calories since September 30th and I've only lost 9 pounds. However, I haven't been able to exercise as vigorously as I'd like to, due to school and my baby. But it's coming off. ;)

Good job again! Keep up the good work! keep in mind that as you become slimmer, you're going to need to do more vigorous workouts and strength training. :)
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work. Keep us posted to your success because it might inspire others! Also, if you haven't done it yet, take a "before" picture. You'll be really happy with comparison shots and again, it could inspire others.
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    ignore the rude people!!!! awesome loss!!!
  • LTalley1980
    Options
    I truly believe this person can lose that much weight. June 21,2013 I weighed 275 pounds and now June 3, 2014 I weigh 169 pounds. That is a total of 106 pounds gone in less than a year. I have worked hard to get here and still have 39 more pounds to lose. But I know I can do it! I also do it healthy under the care of a dietitian. No pills, no crazy fad diets!! Just natural calorie counting and exercise. So anything is possible if you want it bad enough. :) Also a lot of people tend to be jealous when someone is so successful. I've had that problem with some of the people I thought were my friends. It's sad to say, but is the truth. Good luck to you and keep up the good work!! :)
  • lagoler
    lagoler Posts: 3
    Options
    Well I am someone who lost about 40 pounds in 10 weeks on a 1600 calorie diet and working out 4-5 days a week. So I believe you. Also, the bigger you are, the more weight you will lose. Don't get mad at this persons success, just work harder and maybe you too will have amazing results. Besos...
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I like the slow decrease in cals. :)

Um....I don't buy it.

For a man. I have no doubts its true. I lost 40 lbs in 22 weeks not quite as impressive but it was mostly just tracking food with Weight Watchers and little exercise till the end.
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, good on you!
  • One_Last_Time
    Options
    Um....I don't buy it.

If they were really heavy to start it's totally possible.
  • mcspiffy88
    mcspiffy88 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Loosing 11 pounds 1st week ? Uhm no ty no one would buy that. Thats a DAILY deficit of 5000 calories. Unless you are a race horse on steroids that is just simply not possible to loose that much in a week.

Obvious troll is obvious.
  • GonnaLoseIt50Plus
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I think that you should go back 2000 calories a day. :) 1500 seems a bit low. You'll still see weight loss, I'm sure. It might not be 8 pounds a week, but you won't have many more 8 pound losses anyways if you're doing it healthy, slow, and safe.

Im eating great and healthy and lots of variety and not suffering or hungry. Im taking no pills or gimicks. Just eating less and working out more.

If you found a healthy method that is working for you then by all means continue with it. Dont let the negativity or the haters keep you down. Your doing a great job!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Amazing results
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. You are doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!