Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    cannot sleep with the closet doors open
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I smell my upper lip. Well, actually, it's how I plug my nose when I'm going underwater. It makes the *ugliest* face. But hey cool, whatever, not many people can do this rare and strangely creepy looking thing I do. *shrugs*

I just did it as I was reading this lmao
    Yes, but can you effectively PLUG your NOSE with your lip?!? heh That's the rare part. haha

totally did it while reading as well... lol...

I totally do that, when swimming, for nose plugging purposes. i had no idea that it was unusual though. :drinker:
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I always eat dinner and breakfast in bed..

I must sleep with the door closed; otherwise I get nervous someone will try and hurt me in the middle of the night.
  • kclynn7
    Options
    I have to have the volume on the tv/radio/stereo/....etc on an EVEN number.

ME TOO! :)
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When heating food in the microwave I like to turn it on for weird times like 57 sec instead of a minute or 33 seconds, 28 seconds.

I also have to have my kids plates stacked in rainbow order when I put them away.

I can pop my sternum as well as every joint in my body.

I'm sure that there are a million more weird things that I do too.

"I can pop my sternum as well as every joint in my body."

This

It creeps everyone out because its super loud and apparently its a "wet" crack I'm told? Whatever. Also, my neck, collar bone, shoulder (right side) crack all the time, and my knees too--and my ankles, all without assistance--I may have a problem. I do alot of the other things mentioned.
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I click my right heel against my left as I step off the curb to cross a street.
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    MUST have some kind of blanketry or sheet on no matter how hot it is....
    Only brush my hair when its totally dry.
    Crochet to the beat of music.
    Bite fake nails
    i dont own one thing in a designer brand. Other than bath and body lol...
    crazy cat lady
    grammar nazi that can diagram sentences but does not properly capitalize in text EVER hardly.
    WILL NOT rerspond to texts or emails written 'lyke dis bc its stoopid, u no?'
    Used to be a 250 lb soul eating succubus. (Nothing a nice big taste of my own medicine couldnt fix though)
    I VAPE

And i live in my own little fantasy world that differs completely from the societal scale of priority, importance, and value. :drinker:

And, above all, i found a SO who is completely cut to fit my jaggedry. THATS weird lol...

:drinker:
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    i sniff my deodorant and perfume first before i put it on...every...single.. time. lol.
    dont know why, its just automatic for me, lol.

Always, always sniff a marker before I write with it lol

I sniff my deodorant after I put it on. Especially if it smells good. Soft n Dri's Whisper scent smells amazing. I made all my friends smell my pits once at a party and they all agreed! :bigsmile:
    I love the smell of my dishwasher tabs, and I'll stand next to the dishwasher while it's on in order to inhale the steam. I also love the smell of OxyClean. I went through a phase a few years ago where I was so obsessed with the smells of them that I eventually really wanted to taste them, and I couldn't get it out of my head until I did, so cracked open a dishwasher tab and tasted the powder portion, tasted my OxyClean both dry and mixed with water, and tasted hand sanitizer. I also once tried bleach on a dare and really like it. It's super salty. Bleach is one of my favorite scents and if they made bleach scented candles and air fresheners, I would fill my house with them. Chlorine bleach that is. Probably because the pool I worked at primarily as a teen had such a strong chlorine scent that it's like a nostalgia thing for me.

Did you like the taste of the other stuff? I do kinda like the smell of bleach, but I've never wanted to taste it. I love standing in the coffee aisle at the grocery store, but at some point you need to leave before people start looking at you funny. :smile:
    Hand sanitizer is gross, but the OxyClean and the dish powder were alright. One time was enough for me, though. I just needed to satisfy that curiosity, I guess. I do still like to stand by the dishwasher while it's cleaning sometimes, and I pull my various blankets up to my nose so I can smell the OxyClean scent on them while I'm watching tv.

One thing that I haven't gotten over: I love to eat snow. I'll step outside, brush off the top layer, and then grab a handful off the railing and squeeze it into my hand to compact it and then take a bite and suck on it. This morning when we went out to the car, I was putting something in the passenger side and I saw my son was licking snow built up on his window--that's my boy!
  • monahmartha
    Options
    The weight room at the gym was horribly disordered early this morning.
    I put all the weights back.
    Even I think that is pathetic and weird.

For a second, I was reading everyone's post, thinking, "i don't think i have anything like these..." but then this one struck me. ha!
    Okay, so...
    - When walking through the grocery store, i move items to the front of the shelf, even if i wasnt getting that item.
    - When I get in a rhythm during walking, biking or ellipical, i recite the French alphabet goes through my head with each movement..."ah, bay, say, day, euh, eff, jay..."
    - i can't stop myself from humming, and i can't listen to songs i know while i'm at work. if i know the words, i honestly cannot work with the music playing.
    - if i accidently tap a finger on the table , i have tap each of the fingers on that hand, even the thumb.
    - when typing, if i have to use the "numbers lock" button or the "caps lock" button, i have to hit them all a few extra times in a pattern just to watch the lights on the keyboard light up in a succinct pattern.

oh, i'm SURE there are more. Thanks to everyone sharing cos I feel more normal now :)
  • WrathofKes
    Options
    I pick at, dissect, and or mutilate my food before I eat it.

Example:

I'll have a slice of pizza. First I'll pick off any toppings and eat them individually. Then I'll remove all the cheese and eat the main bread of the pizza. Then when only the crust is left, I split it open and stuff the discarded cheese from before inside the crust, and then finish it off.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I won't eat food that has been mircowaved...leftovers have to be eaten cold or heated in the oven/stove.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    My bf laughs at me because I have to separate my smarties and sweetarts into color groups...and eat them in pairs. I'm almost the same way with M&Ms and Reese's Pieces, except I don't separate them according to color groups. I just can't eat two of the same color at the same time-unless they are the last two left. It's weird, I know it, but I can't NOT do it.

When I know there's a creepy critter in my house that I've lost (like a giant spider, or a cricket, or God forbid, a ginormo water bug), I walk around the house with my toes curled under. As if the bug can't get me if my toes are curled up. Never understood it, but it happens.

When I go to bed, I HAVE to start out laying on my left side. I usually turn over to my right to fall asleep. Don't know why it's like that. If I don't do it, I can't sleep.

So basically, I'm just a bundle of really odd quirks :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    on the internet/e-mail i write almost entirely in lowercase letters. i only capitalize when i think i need to make the grammar/spelling/punctuation nazis happy.

in real life, i only print (never write cursive) and i use all capital letters.

didn't realize this difference until reading this thread. lots of crazy on this thread. i'm happy to be part of the crazy. :)
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    on the internet/e-mail i write almost entirely in lowercase letters. i only capitalize when i think i need to make the grammar/spelling/punctuation nazis happy.

in real life, i only print (never write cursive) and i use all capital letters.

didn't realize this difference until reading this thread. lots of crazy on this thread. i'm happy to be part of the crazy. :)

YAY!
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    I have really bad OCD and it causes me to pinch my boob. Not my nipple, but my boob.

I've had to explain the bruise it caused to my husband when we got together.

I daydream about being a hip hop dancer or ice skater.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Did you like the taste of the other stuff? I do kinda like the smell of bleach, but I've never wanted to taste it. I love standing in the coffee aisle at the grocery store, but at some point you need to leave before people start looking at you funny. :smile:
    Hand sanitizer is gross, but the OxyClean and the dish powder were alright. One time was enough for me, though. I just needed to satisfy that curiosity, I guess. I do still like to stand by the dishwasher while it's cleaning sometimes, and I pull my various blankets up to my nose so I can smell the OxyClean scent on them while I'm watching tv.

One thing that I haven't gotten over: I love to eat snow. I'll step outside, brush off the top layer, and then grab a handful off the railing and squeeze it into my hand to compact it and then take a bite and suck on it. This morning when we went out to the car, I was putting something in the passenger side and I saw my son was licking snow built up on his window--that's my boy!

Awwww :bigsmile:
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I have really bad OCD and it causes me to pinch my boob. Not my nipple, but my boob.

I've had to explain the bruise it caused to my husband when we got together.

I daydream about being a hip hop dancer or ice skater.

that's messed
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    My business partner has OCD. He checks the doors are locked again and again and again, he washes his hands a million times a day. He sprays ME with Febreeze! I can't interupt him when he is talking and he is totally obsessed with women with brown curly hair regardless of what they are actually like!!
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My bf laughs at me because I have to separate my smarties and sweetarts into color groups...and eat them in pairs. I'm almost the same way with M&Ms and Reese's Pieces, except I don't separate them according to color groups. I just can't eat two of the same color at the same time-unless they are the last two left. It's weird, I know it, but I can't NOT do it.

I do this too with almost any candy that's colored - M&Ms, Skittles, gummy bears, etc.
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    I NEED to have my car radio and volume number 8, even if i cant hear the song i dont change it. my washing needs to be hung up with matching pegs