Has anyone deleted their Facebook account?

Options
12346»

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Would you like to hear something sad?

When my son was in first grade, they had the class fill out this little paper for Mothers Day. It said things like "My Mom's favorite color is ____" "My favorite thing to do with my mom is ____" etc.

This is what my son's paper said:

"My mom's favorite thing to do is *get on facebook*:
    "My mom's favorite food is *I don't know*"
    "I love it when my mom *doesn't get on facebook*"

Yup. I found that in his backpack, he didn't give it to me for Mother's Day of course. I have never felt like a shittier parent.
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I deleted 400 friends a few days ago. That was great!
  • mtndewme
    mtndewme Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    This is a super old thread but anyway, I thought about deleting but it holds all of my pictures that I've never printed out so I'll probably keep it forever. MySpace lost most of my super old pictures when it kept revamping itself so I should get around to printing those pictures so the same thing doesn't happen.
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    No and despite all it's flaws and foibles I have no plans to. It has too many pages and memories of departed dear friends and family members I don't want to lose.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    I deleted it for around 2 years and then started using it. Whilst I do not agree with it privacy commodification of our lives and personal data, it’s a necessary evil for keeping in touch.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ekkand wrote: »
    I actually deleted my Facebook, twitter, Instagram, and anything that has to do with social media (besides MFP) a while ago and it's a great feeling. No need to have everyone and their mother know what is going on in my life. If they are important in my life, they will know.

I did it three years ago, and the important people in my life kept in touch. I will never miss it and I'm glad I got rid of it.
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It’s not deleted. However I don’t have the app on my phone and I never go on it. My life is much better without... and my thumbs are not as sore. Not surprised if FB delete my account for lack of use lol.