SAHM 2/1/10-2/7/10

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    WTG Stacey! I'm glad you pushed through your workout and got it done.

I woke up feeling much better today than I have been the last few weeks. Still had some sinus funk, but it was draining.

Was at RC for an hour & half this morning. Torched 863 calories doing C25K, bike, and eliptical. Went a mile & a half on C25K, 9 miles on bike, and 2.17 miles on eliptical doing resistance intervals.

Already have my first 30 oz down the hatch, and working on #60. Hoping for a 120 day.

Going to be busy in studio this afternoon. Friend Jazz did not get to bed until 3A last night so too tired to come work. Flying solo today, which is fine. Just going to work on white and get some sealing & glossing done. Easy stuff.

I ramble now.
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Thanks for all y'all's encouragement. I measured myself and have lost a couple inches overall, so at least I'm losing that, even if not pounds. I really think I'm just getting too much sodium. I've eaten out a couple times this past week (and I don't normally eat out), and that could have something to do with it.

Trish- awesome job at the RC! You're doing so well!! I know you're going to do awesome at your next 5k.

Stacey- you should feel powerful. WTG on the p90x!

Out of curiosity, how many cals do you consume a day? I'm set to get 1200 + exercise cals. I'm never hungry, so I don't know if I should up my cals or not. If I don't lose any over the weekend I'm definitely going to try it.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Sodium will sure do it to us girls, Hopey! When people ask me why I keep my sodium so low on here, I basically tell them because I don't want to have to work harder than I already do. KWIM?

Up until a few weeks ago, I was at 1200 plus exercise. It finally dawned on me that when I didn't eat back my exercise calories, I was going below that 1200 threshold. So, experimentally, I bumped my cals up to 1400 a day, and BOOM! 4 lb loss that week doing what I normally do. The next week, WHAMMO! Another 3 lb drop. I'm hoping for another 4-5 lb drop this coming week. I would like to be 216 next Friday.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    trish- Now that you have bumped up your cals to 1400, do you eat your exercise cals?
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Um... not all of them.

I torched 863 cals today, so I had a total of 2263, but I'm only eating 1820 of them. I started eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks around the same time I bumped up my cals. They are evenly spaced. Occasionally I have dessert. I like to think this helped rev up my metabolism as well.
  • nicolee516
    Options
    I tried that last week, maybe i didn't give it enough time, but I gained 2 lbs this week...Not sure where to go from here.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Keep tweaking around with your cals. I think maybe I found the sweet spot on mine :)
  • blessdmomof4
    Options
    Hello Ladies

I've had a few busy days! We got our tax refund this week so we have been out more than usual doing and getting things that we've had to put off for awhile. I've also eaten out 3 times this week which NEVER happens. I probably haven't eaten out 3 times in the last month! Had no problem staying under cal at Panera and Applebees but Friendly's was a challenge. I looked at their websites before I went and planned what I would order. Friendly's had barely anything under 700 calories on the menu! I resisted dessert everywhere I went. Big milestones. Worked out all 5 days this week and I'm proud of that.

Amy if you haven't done the cake yet, google coolest cakes. It's a website of all homemade cakes from many many themes.

Trish - congrats on the great check up this week!

Stacy - so glad to hear your dd had a great appt w/ her doctor. I hope that his input will encourage the iep. The are so important.

Busy day tomorrow, family coming, swim meet for dd and have to squeeze food shopping in somewhere...

Goals for tomorrow
    Drink 80+ oz of h20
    stay under cal even w/o workout
    no goodies

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Melissa
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Way to go, Melissa! Just earlier today I was telling someone that naughty treats never stop calling our names, we just eventually stop listening. Sounds like you've made a major step toward not listening.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Was just catching up on Ugly Betty (thank heavens for DVRs) and there was a great quote from this week's episode that really hit home with me, and I'd like to share it with you.

"You must learn to love the girl you used to be, because that person made you the woman you are now"

It reminds me that the miserable person I was a few months ago is the reason I am happy today.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    wow, trish--that is so wise. i haven't tuned them out yet!!! but no cookies or choc for me today--so i'll take it! :tongue:

melissa--that is AWESOME! one time out it's no biggie to resist, but 3 times. that's impressive!!

alright--gotta sign off.
    i will not be logging on tomorrow thru the week. we'll be in scottsdale at my mil's and i'm not going on the computer there. (oh no! will i survive?) hehe

i hope you all have a great week meeting your goals and overcoming your challenges! will see you on valentine's day :flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    Options
    Stacey- Have fun in Scottsdale!

gm everyone! I hope your sat is going well!
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey all, still trucking along over here :) I haven't entered food in my diary but I think I've been doing fairly well. I would like to set some mini goals on here so I am accountable for them. Lately with dh gone I am not even accountable to myself.
    I have been introduced to "Jack the Germ" so my kids call it. Their wonderful cough that has kept them up for the last 10 days has now found a new home in my lungs *BLAH* Chest hurts and my head is on the brink of a headache from my sinuses. I don't feel to terrible just this darn cough is getting painful. I'd still like to set some mini goals for today so here goes:

-drink my water
    -enter my food
    -NO MORE Grazing in the kitchen!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :) I would love to join you!

I am a SAHM to two little boys. Alex is 3.5 and Carter is almost 20 months. Currently residing in SW Oklahoma, but have lived in WA and I am from ND (married a military man). I'm training for a 12k and hoping to lose the excess weight along the way!

Look forward to getting to know you :)
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Stacey- have fun at MIL's in Scottsdale. Hope you can make it 8 days without your computer...I know i can't!

Trish- how do you stop listening? I can't seem to tune out the chocolate and sweets. Luckily I am the only one who has a say in what is bought at the store, so I just don't buy it anymore. But if it's here, I will either eat it or die trying not to...

Welcome Katie! These women are so super sweet, you'll love it here! You must have your hands full with 2 little boys. What branch of the military is DH? Good luck training for the 12k...I've spent months training for just a 5k and am just now up to 2 miles. :laugh:

Shera- maybe you should see a doctor about your cough. I know if the cold is below the neck, then exercise is a big no-no. Take it easy, and sit in the bathroom with the door shut and the hot water going to build up steam. That always helps me. Or the towel tent over the bowl of boiling water, and your head in the tent. Steam works wonders for chest colds.

Well this morning I decided to send DH his *last* care package before he comes home on leave. The PO is about .75 miles from my house, so we decided to brave it and walk (with the stroller). I was so proud of myself for actually doing it! There's only sidewalk for part of the way though, so that was a hassle. I feel like I truly am making a lifestyle change, and it makes me feel good. Even though I'm still on my plateau...

I hope you all have a great Saturday, I'm off to do chores. I'm bound and determined to keep the Sabbath tomorrow!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Shera, sorry to hear you're sick. I can relate. The gambu has made the rounds here as well. Best suggestion, get some airborne (boosts immune system), mucinex (force cough to be productive), chips & salsa (nature's natural decongestant!), and juices high in vitamin c. It should help. Keep it in check. If it gets to the point where you are up at night, see a doctor immediately!

Katie, welcome to the group! I recently started running, too. I am doing C25K, and ran my first 5k last weekend. In fact, going for run after lunch. Looks like the storms are clearing up enough to go for a jog around the block.

Hungarian beef goulash for dinner. God bless (really) whoever invented the crock pot!

recipe here:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/hungarian_beef_goulash.html
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advise. I did take a long hot shower and that seems to have helped a bit, still coughing but not feeling like I have so much junk in my chest. I do think my being tired so much this week is now because I was fighting this crud even though I didn't feel it yet, but I know my kiddo's had it. Not going to exercise until I feel better, I can hardly make it upstairs w/o a coughing fit so I know any exercise would make it worse.

Welcome Katie! Couldn't have picked a better group, if I do say so myself :tongue:

Have a great day everyone, so far doing good on food, just need to get in some water. Still drinking my coffee today and its already noon LOL
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome girls!

Hope ~ My husband is Air Force, I'm assuming you guys are Army?? Such a long deployment, I have the utmost respect for any family that can endure that!

Trish ~ Congrats on your first 5k!! I have never been in a race, I'm so excited to go to WA for Bloomsday. It's gonna be a 'momcation'. Just me, and my girlfriends up in Spokane :) I started with the C25k program as well last spring and I now I jog two 3-4 milers and one 7+ miler weekly! I love love love running! If you haven't discovered this podcast yet, check it out: www.kissmyblackass.org. Her C25K has mostly hip-hop/pop music in it. I could just never get into the techno stuff. I used the week one yesterday and did 'sprints' during the 60 second jog part, and regular jogging pace for the 90 second part and actually accomplished 3.34 miles in 33 minutes! I've never done a 10 minute mile, I was so stinking excited!

I still have so many calories to eat today, it's insane! I went for my weekly long run this morning (7.14 miles ~ 83 minutes) and burned 934 calories, guess I get to add extra cheese to my lean tacos tonight ;) And Trish, I agree, I love my crockpot! Thanks for sharing the recipe, looks yummy!
  • Hopey1994
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome girls!

Hope ~ My husband is Air Force, I'm assuming you guys are Army?? Such a long deployment, I have the utmost respect for any family that can endure that!

Trish ~ Congrats on your first 5k!! I have never been in a race, I'm so excited to go to WA for Bloomsday. It's gonna be a 'momcation'. Just me, and my girlfriends up in Spokane :) I started with the C25k program as well last spring and I now I jog two 3-4 milers and one 7+ miler weekly! I love love love running! If you haven't discovered this podcast yet, check it out: www.kissmyblackass.org. Her C25K has mostly hip-hop/pop music in it. I could just never get into the techno stuff. I used the week one yesterday and did 'sprints' during the 60 second jog part, and regular jogging pace for the 90 second part and actually accomplished 3.34 miles in 33 minutes! I've never done a 10 minute mile, I was so stinking excited!

We live in an Air Force town,and my DH is a retired Army vet. He's currenlty a DOD contractor, so he can be gone for as long as he wants to/we need him to be. The money is good, he's in a safe place and we see him about every 4-5 months. Luckily I have a lot of support here from my family and church family. I know several AF wives, and the husbands' deployments are much shorter (I think it's called TDY?) than I was used to expecting, but it's stil extremely difficult, especially for them to be translanted to a new town and far away from family.

You are a running machine! And almost 1000 extra cals today?! Whatever will you do with yourself? :drinker:
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Katie, that's WONDERFUL you achieved your 10 min mile! A great achievement for any beginner runner. I just got back from my 1.5 mile run. I only made it half way through today's session before getting lazy & walking the last part, with some running involved. I am wondering if I should pause to re-evaluate my goals. If Operation Smile doesn't have a walking division for the 5k in March, maybe I should look for an April one. I'm debating whether or not to repeat week 1 of C25K since I wimp out at 16-20 mins every time. Emotionally I feel like the road run went even better than the track run. Something different to look at every step of the way. Master Nicole, input please!