LADIES: Do you believe you are beautiful

Options

Replies

• _granola
    _granola Posts: 326
    Options
    Yes. I don't wear makeup because I think it makes me more beautiful. I wear it because it's fun and I can do it in 5 minutes, so why not? Or maybe it's just become a habit to do it almost every morning so I just do.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not scared to rock the no make up look.. I purposely take a week off from makeup to let my skin breathe and rip clean out and all that good stuff!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    No, but to be fair I don't think I am with makeup on (gotta work on changing that). I don't leave the house without some on though, however I don't wear very much anyway.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes I do!!! I wear makeup because I am very, very fair skinned, however, I am one who applies it once a day, unless I teach a class. I have learned, not to wear any foundation or anything on my skin for my classes, because it causes me to break out.

True inner beauty comes from confidence, and that beauty shines for anyone who will focus on that. Outside beauty will fade with time- some of the most beautiful people I know, literally who radiate their beauty- maybe others don't find them pretty, their loss.

I am a big believer in this, especially when I see young women, our beautiful teens starving themselves and painted literally for all occassions, and self esteem is in the toilet- I hate that!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I own makeup. I don't wear it very often.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I really only wear make up on special occassions. I just don't like to bother with it. I don't think I look bad without it, but really, I don't think I care if I look bad without it. Make-up is only supposed to accentuate your features. If you can't get by without it, then there is a problem, I suspect.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I believe I am beautiful if I tilt my head a certain way...have the right angle, and under a certain light.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I look more "put-together" with it. I only wear it about 50% of the time. I hate taking it off.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I feel Beautiful w/ or w/out make up...1/2 the time go to wrk w/ out it...
    Don'tcha have those days where you wake up yur skins glowing!! and ya think...what do i need make up for???!!!..
    I use it more for fun really...thats about it.(on my profile pic i've got lip gloss and some eye brow pencil,thats it)
  • rwaldron87
    Options
    I believe I look great without it too....But I wear it to work and out. But if I am not going anywhere and just sitting at home, I don't wear it. I do feel so refreshed when I am not wearing it....my face feels so much better. :)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup 99% of the time.

I'm nothing special, with or without it on.
    This woman is a liar. She easily has a pair of the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen. Do not believe her lies. She is absolutely gorgeous, and does not need a single stitch of makeup.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I believe I am beautiful if I tilt my head a certain way...have the right angle, and under a certain light.

^this

I wear makeup every damn day . . . no matter what . . . even if I'm not leaving the house.
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup very often... Mostly if I go out, to feel dressed up.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup. Aside from my hair the second most common compliment I get is about my skin. It's just anecdotal but I think makeup ages a person. Maybe it is all that scrubbing people do to their face every night that messes with their skin, or the chemicals in the makeup....I don't know. Wear it if you like, but I really think if you have the desire to you should let your skin get used to being natural it will love you for it. I don't care to like anyone (romantically) who doesn't think I'm pretty sans make-up. Don't get me wrong I do protect my skin with an SPF moisturizer but that is it. I also wore makeup in high school and a little in college and I never had nice skin then. Aside from genetics and other than no makeup the only other thing I can attribute my good skin to is being vegetarian. Anyway I find it funny (and feel slightly victorious) that people tell me I have glowing skin now that I'm almost 40. So yeah, I do think I am beautiful "as is" and also that I am aging gracefully without a lot of fuss. :)
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better with make up on, but I don't wear it to the gym or grocery shopping or places like that. I only wear it to work, or for speical things. I'm very pale, redhead and blue eyes. My eyelashes are blonde so I always look tired without mascara on and people have asked if I was sick when I didn't have make up on.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do. Never really been a make-up person, my boyfriend prefer's me without it as well. I wear it on special occasions and nights out on the town mostly.

I wear it to work very occasionally if my skin is having a bad couple of days! Although I try not to because it clears up easier without any on.

My profile pic is without :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Without makeup on? Or do you feel the need to wear makeup anytime you leave the house?
    I personally don't mind running errands without makeup on but I never go to work without it or anywhere else important.

I've been a beautiful person my whole life, and I never wear make-up. I started wearing it at age 14 and quit at age 19. Make-up is *so* 20th century. :laugh:
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    not really
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Usually yes but lately my skin isnt doing so well and my eyebrows could be thicker so I dont feel as pretty without makeup. I do still go out and run errands without it though.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Makeup is a mood thing for me. Sometimes I enjoy it, mostly I go without. Beautiful? Not even a little.