LADIES: Do you believe you are beautiful

Options

Replies

• DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I may not be perfect and that is ok. I am however beautiful inside and out :) I've never worn much makeup and feel that even if someone gets all dolled up, if they are ugly on the inside it shows and when somebody is beautiful on the inside, even if they aren't magazine quality, there is a certain radiance that comes from within. Beautiful is something you feel.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nope. Always have makeup on. I hate taking it off. My skin is horrible.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm not one of those girls that look stunning with out make up. I have dark circles, and when I break out... I need concealer.

My skin doesn't look great, I only feel good when I'm wearing make up. When I was younger, I didn't like going into the grocery store with out make up... Now, I am sort of okay with it sometimes...when I am just not in the mood to try to get dressed up, but most places I have to. I don't like not wearing make up places.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't usually wear makeup as I have very sensitive skin but I do wear it on the rare occasion but suffer for a couple weeks afters so its not worth it. To be honest at the size that I am I don't feel beautiful regardless about wearing makeup or not. Hopefully in time that will change
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do think I am beautiful, without makeup, or with it, also. Unfortunately not many other people see it. Especially in pictures. Face-to-face, you'd think I was beautiful - now look at my profile pictures. Bleh.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    i'm sexy and i know it! uh uh uh uh!

haha jk!

there are times when i'm like "dang girl, you fineeeeee!"

LOL! but most of the time i feel either ugly, average, or slightly pretty. but i am slowly but surely getting more confidence in myself! i think losing weight will help tremendously.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    No.
    Not with, or without makeup.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    The only times I've worn makeup in the last year is at formal weddings I have attended... I used to always have to wear at least mascara but that's changed a lot in the last year and a bit, I don't think I am a conventional beauty but I am happier with myself now and I do catch myself in a mirror sometimes and think wow because I can see that happiness with myself being reflected back. Now I am so used to my face without makeup that I think I look kinda weird with too much on.
  • rosesigil
    rosesigil Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I wear it to work, church, going out. It gives a person's face a "finished" look, and clarifies the skin tone. Very few people have perfect, flawless skin. If one does, she probably doesn't need much but a bit of lipstick and a hint of mascara. For the rest of us, foundation, powder, eyeliner, blush, mascara. Leave the brilliant colors for evenings out. Aim for a natural, yet polished look for work.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    For the rest of us, foundation, powder, eyeliner, blush, mascara. Leave the brilliant colors for evenings out. Aim for a natural, yet polished look for work.

Why would I go through all that work to look natural??? If I wanted natural, I would go natural. I use bright colors all the time, and never powder or blush (never liked the look of blush and don't need concealer).
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I don't own make up.... there is my answer.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It's taken me a long time (I'm 44) to get to the point of not wearing makeup and feeling beautiful. I have used makeup to cover up my "flaws" for years, and have just recently realized that I do not need it as much as I thought I did. I do, however, never leave the house without brow pencil/powder, as I have tweezed them so much over the years that they are kind of non-existent otherwise and it makes me self-conscious. But I am much more comfortable not wearing foundation or powder these days and try to go without as much as possible. I do like to do up my eyes pretty dramatically when I go out, though. :bigsmile:
  • danib09
    Options
    I used to have horrible skin and felt so self conscious without makeup on, but as soon as I started eating properly and working out regularly a few years ago, it cleared up! Felt so great to be able to walk out of the house without feeling like I had layer upon layer of makeup on my face!
  • jennahowden
    jennahowden Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Haven't left the house without foundation on since I was about 13. Back then it was just a cheap liquid one because it's all I could afford. I've been wearing a light powdered one for the last 6 years. Some people just aren't blessed with nice skin..
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just an average jane without it. And ghastly pale.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. Makeup is fun to play around with and can hide blemishes on the bad days, but I like showing off my natural beauty!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I wear mascara almost every day.
    But there are definitely days that I don't wear it. And I still get hit on LOL so I must still look decent :p hahah. Seriously though, I know I look just fine with or without makeup.
    For going out - I love to do lots of makeup - by "lots" I mean a couple layers of mascara, sometimes eyeliner, and bright eyeshadow.
    If I have a pimple, I will use coverup, but that's it. And I haven't had pimples in a while (thank goodness).
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I do, without a doubt. Its taken a while to gain confidence, but most of the time now, I barely wear make up. And when i do, its light. I have found that men are not fond of the "clown" make up look.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    While I do think I look better with make-up on, I simply can't be bothered most of the time!

And, if I rarely wear make-up, my face rarely breaks out, so that's a big plus.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I didn't leave the house today and still have my face on.. hmm.. I don't know. Makeup is just part of my routine. I shower, put on make up and blow dry my hair. Every day. Every. Single. Day. It's just what I do. I don't think I'm hideous without make up but I don't think that I look like "me", either.