Girls who dress like strippers to work out.....

Options

Replies

• CasablancasTX
    Options
    Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

Total creeper!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    So what is the 'allowed' level of dress for the gym?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Wow, the OP is such a complete arsehole. Well done. Welcome to the site. No one deserves to be stared at. Of course a passing glance makes sense, every one does it but to stare in a rude manner? Far from it. They aren't dressing to impress you, so get your head out of your *kitten* and realise the world doesn't revolve around you.

Wow. You completely skirted the issue. Nice job. The issue is not what they wear, the issue is not liking being looked at when they wear what they wear. By the way. Nice language, maybe you need a class in social skills. Maybe some anti deprssents for the anger management issue.

Yes, I'm very angry. Because thats what all bodybuilders are. Bad mannered with no social skills.

I was going to say something about getting a dietitian to give you advice and respond in a similar way to you just spoke to me, but I think that'd be underhand and not me.

And no I didn't miss anything - read my comment again - no one deserves to be stared at. Does someone who is overweight deserve to be stared at because you need to lose a little weight or their choice of clothing? Does someone who is in shape deserve to be glared at? No. Its rude regardless. Manners don't apply to those you feel deserving, it should apply to anyone.

Maybe that's why I'm so angry... Maybe it is the weights!

And of course the world revolves around Charlie. :heart:
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

Total creeper!

I see other threads more creepy, Lets see...rate the person above you, date the person above you yadda, yadda, yadda.
  • Charlie003
    Options

You can dress however you like, just accept the reations it brings.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options

You can dress however you like, just accept the reations it brings.

Tell me, have you trained hard in a gym before in bulky joggers and tops before?
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    All the gym has them, and I support this movement. But do not give the people who oogle you glares of death because they stare. That is like getting arrested for taking an under cover hooker to your room because she came on to you. You want the attention, you need to be satisfied with all you get equally........:drinker:

Tell you what - Next time you are at your gym, pick the most fittest woman dressed in what you consider to be stripper-like attire - Go go over to her and put this point to her in the exact same words you used here. Oh and get someone to film it for youtube. Should be well worth the price of the popcorn people spill whilst watching her reaction.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

It's all allowed! But recognize that if you're flaunting your stuff someone's gonna look. :P
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    T7OMFD - think you have a fair point. Staring is not the done thing - you go over and chat, say well done to either men or women but you then don't continue to stare. Its off putting and makes one feel self conscious.
  • phxricky
    phxricky Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You gotta be comfortable!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I think I would enjoy male strippers at the gym...like if they came dressed in a cop uniform and then halfway through their workout they just rip it off their body to reveal a speedo.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    I think I would enjoy male strippers at the gym...like if they came dressed in a cop uniform and then halfway through their workout they just rip it off their body to reveal a speedo.

<3 I think I love you for that mental image.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    This sure as heck can't be my gym.
    Some lovely women, but very little flesh showing.
  • linseychill
    Options
    I cant wait to get my own pole!!! :)
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Enlighten me. You assume everyone is from your culture.

Tell me in which culture a passing glance is rude? Liking your semantics here, to get away from the point about staring being rude. If anything, you are agreeing with me that staring is rude, are you not?

Not at all. Sometimes staring is wanted and encouraged.

Sometimes staring is considered a compliment.

Sometimes staring is a sign of interest and flirtation.

It is not always rude.

It is only rude when it's coming from someone who is unattractive.
    There in lies the difference in a fitness club and a gym. A true gym in my opinion consists of 90% hardcore weight lifters and fitness freaks. They aren't there to get stares or socialize. I believe this is the environment that the guy you are going back and forth with is from.... then there are fitness clubs. I have been a member of both and know the difference. I miss my gym and there are no real gyms left around here since Powehouse shut down. I actually agree with both of you because of the 2 different environments.

Thanks for that. :) This was the point I was trying to impart. Different cultures = different expectations and reactions.
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I cant wait to get my own pole!!! :)

IDKW but this is hilarious!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

<3 I think I love you for that mental image.

Now we're talking.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    All the gym has them, and I support this movement. But do not give the people who oogle you glares of death because they stare. That is like getting arrested for taking an under cover hooker to your room because she came on to you. You want the attention, you need to be satisfied with all you get equally........:drinker:

Tell you what - Next time you are at your gym, pick the most fittest woman dressed in what you consider to be stripper-like attire - Go go over to her and put this point to her in the exact same words you used here. Oh and get someone to film it for youtube. Should be well worth the price of the popcorn people spill whilst watching her reaction.

So the problem is the wording but not the issue?
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    MAYBE you should respect the girl and not treat her like a piece of meat? She doesn't wear those clothes to appease you, she wears them because she wants to. That doesn't give you permission to stare, especially if she doesn't want you to.