Why is it ok to bash skinny people but not fat people?!

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

Except me. She hates me most cause I'm the best.
    True story.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    It's not ok to bash anyone!
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Its ok to bash everyone as long as they don't hear you.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Personally... I hear way more "fat bashing" than "skinny bashing". It's not right for either one... but, I don't see anyone discriminating.... it just may be different kids of bashing.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

That's only fair.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    People usually bash on those who they aren't frightened of. They suspect that the scrawny people can't whoop their *kitten*, so they talk trash without hesitation.
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Physically a fat person can bash a skinny person much easier if they can catch them.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    saying a skinny person looks "scary unhealthy" is a whole lot different than people shouting things at fat people as they're walking down the street and people making "mooing" noises at you and other insults fat people have to deal with.''

SO not even the same level.

And some people do get too thin.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    its not ok to bash either. but i am not sure why you think no one picks at over weight people...its everywhere! all the pressure to look like the impossibly perfect people in the media and to be a certain size its sociably more acceptable to be skinny than fat. Either extreme is just as unhealthy though x
  • Subowski
    Options
    Too skinny/ too fat is old material. Why not bash all people with a squint? Or frizzy hair? Oh wait, that's me.....
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Everyone bashes on everyone, it totally just depends what side of the fence you are listening from.....

And your friends said PLENTY about you being fat, before you lost weight, you just couldnt hear them.... Like the skinny girl couldnt hear your friends... Perception is 9/10ths of the law.

Everyone smashes on everyone else, all the time, its just whether or not you listen to it and let it effect you. Tell them to shut up, and move on. If it keeps up, find new friends.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    wait, with what are we bashing them?

*edited to erase sentence ending in preposition.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone equally.

I can vouch for this.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Fat people get bashed all the time. Read the forum post about the meanest thing ever said. People are cruel. Now, is it okay to bash people for whatever reason..skinny, fat, taller, shorter? No.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

WHY is this type of trash talk ok? You never hear people say "Wow that chick is SCARY FAT! She looks GROSS & UNHEALTHY."

I'm not sure where you live, but I've heard people talk like that many times.

ya, unfortunately I've heard it too many times. no bashing is ok. but for every skinny person being bashed, there is usually 10 fat people
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Because skinny people have friends to go cry to.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Who the heck cares? Seriously.

If people stopped complaining about their problems, stopped gossiping, and got over them, they'll realize it's not as big a deal as they make it out to be.
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    as someone above said a lot of bashing goes on here....stupid considering this is a health/diet/fitness site and we are all here for one or all of these things :s x
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Our society has accepted obesity as the norm, not skinny people. Even when you are lean, fit, healthy, people say you are too skinny. I agree, there is a point where too skinny can be unhealthy and unattractive. But even when it is a healthy, fit, lean it goes against our society. Once you become fit you are going against the grain and I don't believe this is going to end any time soon. Our society has embraced inactivity, an over abundance of food, magic pills that don't work, wishful thinking, and weight loss surgeries.
  • adk88
    adk88 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Who the heck cares? Seriously.

If people stopped complaining about their problems, stopped gossiping, and got over them, they'll realize it's not as big a deal as they make it out to be.

This says it all!