Two ingredient pancakes (TO DIE FOR!)

Options
kelseycolbert
kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
I don't know if any of you follow blogilates on youtube or anything, but the recipe for the two ingredient pancakes has become an absolute favorite of mine and thought I should share.

Two eggs, one banana.
They are great. Just mash the banana, then add the two eggs and make sure they are well combined (I usually whisk mine together for a few minutes) and then cook them on your skillet like you would with a regular pancake.
You can eat the entire batch for only 248 calories! They are absolutely delicious, and I even add some cinnamon to mine for extra flavor, but they're also good without!

Replies

• pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Do you put syrup on them, or eat them as is?
  • kelseycolbert
    Options
    I've eaten them as is and tonight I had a lot of extra calories so I added syrup and chocolate chips... haha! But they are excellent even without syrup, and I've also tried sugar free jam on them and honey as well. Many possibilities!
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Yummy bump!!!!
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    I follow her! I don't do her videos, but I do follow her haha xD I actually made these one morning for breakfast...I cooked them in 1 tbsp olive oil and they were DELICIOUS! I actually tried replacing the banana once with a pear, and once with an apple. They were both good <3

The only major issue with the recipe I found was that it's kind of hard to tell when your batter is 'ready' because there will always be chunks in it lol. And if your someone such as myself who isn't used to chunky batter...you could end up stirring for a good 15 minutes ;)
  • kelseycolbert
    Options
    The pear and the apple idea are BRILLIANT! Definitely going to have to try them. As far as her videos go, you should consider them! I did the stiletto leg workout two days ago and my legs are still feelin' the burn! Haha, but I agree with the batter issue. The first time mine was very lumpy and strange, but when I started to mash the banana before adding the egg, it turned out much smoother!
  • mountainman440
    Options
    Breakfast today I'll try it. Sounds good:smile:
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I have been meaning to try these soon - I follow Cassey and she is always talking about them in her videos. I can't wait to make some. :)
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I am gonna try this thanks :)
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    plus a tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    yummy...might try these for breakfast tomorrow...hopefully my bananas will be ready for eating.........
  • midnight333
    Options
    Bump
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There's always got to be someone with a bad attitude, I guess it might as well be me this time. This sounds nasty - even worse than overnight oats! :sick:

ETA: I might try the pear and apple though. That's like a fruit omelette. :drinker:
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ummmmmm, definitely making these!! thaaaaanks x
  • LeRevCooper
    Options
    I'm gonna try it. I don't eat or like eggs, so I hope they're not eggy or taste like eggs. Two eggs seems like a lot.
  • cblevitron
    Options
    Anyone have a photo of these?
  • kelseycolbert
    Options
    I do, but I don't know how to post photos to message boards? :/
  • starspeckled
    starspeckled Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try it. I don't eat or like eggs, so I hope they're not eggy or taste like eggs. Two eggs seems like a lot.

I heard someone say they were very eggy, so I might pass if I was you!

http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/post/35646004429/ben-does-pinterest-pancakes

EDIT: Now reading the comments, I see a lot of people using 1 egg, 1 banana, and some sort of almond butter/peanut butter and they have liked it better... Only way to know it try it I guess!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    They don't taste like eggs! At least not to me! :) And here's a photo from the website

ba9dabc8e96111e1aaa822000a1de2ba_7.jpg
  • basschmitz
    basschmitz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, I might just try that for breakfast tomorrow