Two ingredient pancakes (TO DIE FOR!)

Options

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I've made them twice now. They can be a little hard to flip. Cook them slow and use a thin spatula. I use non stick cooking spray. Don't make them big and they are much easier to flip. I like to sprinkle a little stevia and top with strawberry's. They do taste more like crepes than pancakes but I'm good with that because I love crepes.
  • jamiscott1977
    jamiscott1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was wondering is it a large banana or a small banana. And are they using large or small eggs.
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I made these this morning, they were good. (I haven't eaten pancakes since I learned about my wheat allergy so I am very happy about these.) They were hard to flip, but I think next time I will cook them at a lower temperature.
  • kdt000
    kdt000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    yum! Never would have thought of this.
  • bethiegrey
    Options
    Just made them for me and my baby Delicious! Thanks for posting! (I did them in my mixer banana first- with a splash of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon...yum!)
  • gabbyshewrote
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I just made them. I used one egg and one egg white, and added cinnamon, a splash of vanilla and a tiny bit of baking powder. They were really easy to make and SO good! They definitely satisfied my pancake craving.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    mine wouldn't flip :(

The dog ate them though, hehe

I would try them again though, they did smell great. I just couldn't bring myself to eat scrambled egg and banana.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I thought these were DISGUSTING! I guess it was worth a try thought for the thought of healthy bananas I love eggs and banana but obviously hate them together.
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    Wow just made this - this is great! I put a few raspberries and walnut pieces on mine.

Thanks for sharing!
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Trying this!
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    bump!
  • lrose50
    lrose50 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Try putting in a blender or bullet - worked for me - I don't like chunky batter either - LOL
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I just tried these, I had two small bananas, not very ripe - 120 grams of banana (no skin) and two small eggs. I mashed the banana till smooth, beat the eggs until frothy, beat together with a pinch of salt then put some spray & 3 grams of butter in a non stick pan. It made 7 little pancakes / pikelets, I cooked them slowly and then flipped them over.

I liked them, had a teaspoon of maple syrup with them. My son didn't really like them (all the more for me next time!) Thanks for sharing :smile:

PS When I first came to MFP I posted a recipe for Apple Pikelets - not as low cal as the banana pancakes but tasty all the same!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/475647-apple-pikelets-43-cals?hl=apple+pikelet#posts-6579367
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    A made these with a few changes a few days ago for breakfast and was surprised that they don't were eggy at all! Half a recipe was filling enough for me.
    I added a bit of peanut butter and cinnamon, and added cocoa powder to half of the batch and served them with strawberry yogurt yummy :D

dsc00784sc34di5m92.jpg
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    I just tried these euuuugghhh
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    bump
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I wonder if kids would take to them..any one try with toddlers?
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good recipe! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump