Options
12346»

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Military school.
    Too expensive?
    Fine, just send her to Mexico. A couple years picking tomatoes will get her attitude in check.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not helpful, but funny to me:

When I was growing up, my mom, not the kids, would be the one constantly saying "I'm not your slave!" because it was expected that we clean up our own messes and do our share!
  • linda1243
    Options
    throw down your work bags and complain with her about what you don't want to do. then agree to help each other out, but also to reward yourselves. Maybe once a month if you both stay on top of your chores you can have a fun day like go see a movie or get a pedicure or do lunch.
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    We always had chores when I was growing up. There was just me and my brother, and maybe my parents didn't "need" our help. But we were taught that contributing was part of being a family. Everyone has a job that makes things run more smoothly for the family, that's just the way it was. Chores were age appropriate and we had plenty of time left over for just being kids :)

^^THIS
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You are the parent. She is the child. You are working two jobs to keep food on the table and provide the things that she takes for granted. She can help out a little bit. Teens are like that. But in the end she will respect you more for taking a firm position. If you are working 2 jobs... It is not YOU making the mess. She is the one that should be picking it up. Best wishes. Teens are soooo fun.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I had chores and didn't get an allowance, if I didn't do my chores I would get my butt whipped... Same will go for my children, right now they are 2 and 5 so their job is cleaning their room, putting their dirty dishes in the sink, throwing things away and putting dirty laundry in the laundry basket... when they are older they will have more chores and will not get an allowance they will get their butts whipped... and yes at age 14 i was still getting my butt whipped... just saying.
  • shonuff221
    shonuff221 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

Tell her she is earning her keep. Is it her mess as well? Either she can help keep the house clean or go get a job and pay the bills :-)