Hostess Brands closing....no more Twinkies!

Options

Replies

• jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 100% positive whatever company that takes them over will keep the twinkie. Don't do anything drastic just yet.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I say good. Let all the companies that use GMO grains and HFCS go under. We dont need to consume junk like this anyway.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Won't break my heart. I've never even eaten a Twinkie before.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

Wha-what-what?! Get your butt to the store and have one! Make it a part of your cheat day. You will not be sorry.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    The funny thing about this is that many people will fear that their favorite junk food will be going away so the company will experience a huge surge in sales and come out of bankruptcy.................

This is so sad there is so much hoopla over a junk food that supplies no nutritional value what so ever.
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh holy cow! Well good, twinkies are gross lol
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Wha-what-what?! Get your butt to the store and have one! Make it a part of your cheat day. You will not be sorry.

Gross, she isnt missing anything.
  • Adamanda5
    Adamanda5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It makes me angry that junk like that is so readily available. Good riddance.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I am saddened that hard working people will lose jobs, but I don't eat that stuff anyway, so I wont miss it. Wait... do they make ding dongs? <GASP> Maybe I will..
  • afoz1990
    Options
    The funny thing about this is that many people will fear that their favorite junk food will be going away so the company will experience a huge surge in sales and come out of bankruptcy.................

This is so sad there is so much hoopla over a junk food that supplies no nutritional value what so ever.

yes!! this ^^^
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I am saddened that hard working people will lose jobs, but I don't eat that stuff anyway, so I wont miss it. Wait... do they make ding dongs? <GASP> Maybe I will..

Here in St Louis they arent working anyway................They are on strike and picketing. This is the reason why they might be going away.

Hostess execs have asked the bankruptcy court to close the company down due to the strike.
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    How will we ever survive the zombie apocalypse now?
  • ryang99
    ryang99 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There is probably so much crap and preservatives in the Twinkies, the remaining stock will last for about another 50 years with out going bad!!!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    In Canada we have Vachon, which makes the Joe Louis, which is far superior to anything made by Hostess.

Though I haven't had one in a long time.

Twinkies are nasty.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

You make a good point. I don't buy the stuff anyway, but since the majority of America does, it won't be long til all remaining Hostess goods are bought up and sold out at each and every store.

It just is so strange to live in a world that might be without the Hostess brand. It is a childhood memories thing for me.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, however. The rights and "recipe" for your favourite Hostess crap will be bought and manufactured (the only viable word here really) by some other company.
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Whatever will Tallahassee do now? Stockpile maybe? Twinkies have a long shelf life.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Good riddance to the products but very sad for the 18,000 people now without a job!!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Think of it this way, the first Twinkie will outlast the company!!
  • afoz1990
    Options
    Whatever will Tallahassee do now? Stockpile maybe? Twinkies have a long shelf life.

I totally thought of this too!